Donator
Liked Posts:
Fun with maps...

http://blog.estately.com/2014/08/are-you-ready-for-some-maps-about-football/

NFl-favorite-last.jpeg

Favorite-out-of-state-NFL-team.jpeg

KPBears

Liked Posts:
Deadspin had a map a little while ago that went further and broke it down by county. Off the top of my head the Bears also had southern Wisconsin, Northwest Indiana, and parts of Michigan. And a few counties in Florida. Although I think the Rams and Colts got southern Illinois.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Patriots have Florida adn the Phins have Alabama. Odd.

I'm surprised the Bears didn't get more representation on the favorites from a different state map. Thought for sure we'd have Arizona at least.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm surprised the Bears didn't get more representation on the favorites from a different state map. Thought for sure we'd have Arizona at least.

I live in Florida and I was surprised by this as well. Where I live Saints fans dominate the area. But, obviously that doesn't speak for the whole state.

I thought if anything the dolphins would take the state.

As for Alabama, I did not know they knew anything else other than "Roll Tide".

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

After living in San Antonio for the last few years I have seen the huge number of Bears Fans that reside here as well. That’s why we always turn Dallas into a home field advantage when we play here. Saint's fans are evidently a silent presence here because you don’t see a lot of them. (hats, shirts, bumper stickers ect.)

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Missouri goes for the Arizona Cardinals? What? I know they used to be in St. Louis, but the Rams and Chiefs have each won a Super Bowl.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Very cool read. Thanks for poting ! Thought Bears would have a greater representation in some of the States without Football Teams

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The favorite out of state team in Wisconsin is the Raiders? Man people up there are dumb.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After living in San Antonio for the last few years I have seen the huge number of Bears Fans that reside here as well. That’s why we always turn Dallas into a home field advantage when we play here. Saint's fans are evidently a silent presence here because you don’t see a lot of them. (hats, shirts, bumper stickers ect.)

I see a shit load of Bears fans up here in Dallas.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Bama is wrong. Bama is split between Falcons and the Titans. I'm not sure if I know more than 2 Dolphins fans in Alabama.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions
The Cardinals have been to one more recently though...

Yeah, much more recently. When the Chiefs SB winning team was in their training camp, Neil Armstrong was just setting foot on the moon.

I'm still a little surprised they didn't take Missouri though. They have a hardcore following, though I suppose a lot of them are also from the Kansas side of the border.

Speaking of Kansas, I see the Cowboys have it. I wonder if the Chiefs were considered an out of State team or not, since a quarter of Kansas City is in Kansas.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
So long ago that I first posted that they had never won it... rechecked and quick edited FTW :lol:

a_johns_20

Liked Posts:
South Dakota is not correct, there are Broncos fans in the south western part of the state. The Vikings own the rest of South Dakota and it sickens me to death. This one is completely wrong.

Last edited:

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bama is wrong. Bama is split between Falcons and the Titans. I'm not sure if I know more than 2 Dolphins fans in Alabama.

Well the article states that information is based on Facebook user data. So, there are a lot of people who aren't on Facebook or may not like things on Facebook. This isn't like the census bureau running the study but just a quick sweep over a social media network.

So, I am sure there may be a few here and there that aren't completely accurate.

bnancs

Liked Posts:
So, Kentucky doesn't make sense on those maps. Favorite team is the Bengals. Makes sense geographically, but Cincinnati is not in KY, so the Bengals are out of state. Therefore, shouldn't the Bengals be the KY favorite on the second map also?

Maybe I just don't get it, I'm open to the possibility.