IST: Soler v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soler hits 9 homeruns and has 26 RBI's in 2 games. Bank on it!

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Soler will go 10-10 with 6 HR's 2 doubles, a triple and a 3 run single for 19 RBI in a 24 inning debut.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trying to keep my expectations in check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Soler will pinch hit tonight and hit a 6 run homer into the river to win the game...

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Which will be REALLY impressive when you consider the fact that he doesn't join the team until tomorrow.

He's a stud. :)
You didn't hear ?

He gets parachuted in during the 7th inning stretch...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm not sure I have seen anyone get into so many 0-2 counts as Baez. It's not a recipe for success.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm just wondering if they will bat Soler #4 and drop Castro to 5 or bat Soler #5?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought this during the Cubs 2012 spring trainning. Ahhhh, its fun to be right! :smug2:

I tend to fall in and out of favor on certain sports and until around May last year I was more into football which took most of my attention. I'm kind of the opposite now where as I haven't really been following the bears as much as I have in the past and sort of am just waiting for the season to start. As such, I can't say I was on Rizzo prior to the 2012 season but I can say late last year I was talking about how the 2013 stats seemed like a fluke to me.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I tend to fall in and out of favor on certain sports and until around May last year I was more into football which took most of my attention. I'm kind of the opposite now where as I haven't really been following the bears as much as I have in the past and sort of am just waiting for the season to start. As such, I can't say I was on Rizzo prior to the 2012 season but I can say late last year I was talking about how the 2013 stats seemed like a fluke to me.

I'm from San Diego. So I've followed his story line sense he was traded from Boston. He had that power in the minors. Now he is becoming a complete hitter.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Alcantara seems to be coming out of his funk.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Someone gotta get in Baez ear and simply tell him.

Kid love the big aggressive swing but until you cut it down abd work on contact with 2 strikes, your gonna be getting a shit load of 3 n 4 strikeout games...

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Solid outing from Wood... finally.

Guess everyone likes to show up against their former teams...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Someone gotta get in Baez ear and simply tell him.

Kid love the big aggressive swing but until you cut it down abd work on contact with 2 strikes, your gonna be getting a shit load of 3 n 4 strikeout games...

Don't want to get into this discussion again but I'd like to point out you just can't change some people. Case in point, Castro. Simply put, my worry is that for better or worse this is the player he is. It's one thing to say player <x> does skill <y> poorly and that's something he need to work on. For example, Rizzo vs left handed pitching last season. But when you're talking about changing a players approach to hitting it seems like a bigger deal. Not trying to say I know all there is to know about hitting but that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.