Hester

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I caught the last two episodes of "Hard Knocks" last night and it looks like Atlanta is really trying to fit Devin The Dude into that offense. He actually looks pretty solid, but that could be because he was playing on turf and not slipping every time he tried to run a route. In this day and age of football it's rare for me to be saddened by a player leaving, but Devin just doesn't look right in that ATL jersey. I hope he succeeds.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I think as long as Matt realizes he is not throwing to an " intellect " Hester can make plays in their offense

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He might be a very good WR4/5, just like he should have been here and not a guy that gets forced in a role that he's not suited for.

Hester should run 3 routes only, fly, drag and quick hooks. That way he wouldn't have to think too much, IMO.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
That was his problem here. Cutler expects WRs to make adjustments on the ball, routes, and that is just NOT Hester's forte'

EDIT: What made him a great returner was that you don't "see it", you "feel it". That just didn't apply to him as a WR

Spear

Corpus callosotomy
Liked Posts:
I think he'll have an easier time handling the speed of ryans throws vs cutler, but doubt it makes a big difference in his production.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's tough seeing Hester as #17, best of luck to him. Watched him is whole career at the U, and was happy as hell when we drafted him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If I go to atl to see us play, I'm wearing my Hester jersey. He Will always be a top 5 favorite player of mine. Hope he tears up the NFC south.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I go to atl to see us play, I'm wearing my Hester jersey. He Will always be a top 5 favorite player of mine. Hope he tears up the NFC south.

Same here. So many great memories. And I'm only 28 and never really watched football much until after I graduated high school. And that was just 2-3 years before he was drafted. So he is one of the first bear greats whom I got to see their whole career as a bear. Ways one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just can't hate on Hester. Still one of my favorite players simply by virtue of how many great memories he gave us.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should have offered him a lower contract in order to keep him. Let him decide if he walks or not. Thats the way it should have been handled.
Electrifying, I always stood up for one of his KRs or PRs.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
I caught the last two episodes of "Hard Knocks" last night and it looks like Atlanta is really trying to fit Devin The Dude into that offense. He actually looks pretty solid, but that could be because he was playing on turf and not slipping every time he tried to run a route. In this day and age of football it's rare for me to be saddened by a player leaving, but Devin just doesn't look right in that ATL jersey. I hope he succeeds.

Props for using a Devin Tha Dude reference. I approve

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Hester is a player who will look good in practice. Come game time when the whistle doesn't blow until you are flat on your ass it's a different ball game.

Hester is a beast of a returner in his prime but that was it. His investment as a receiver put us back a few years.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
That was his problem here. Cutler expects WRs to make adjustments on the ball, routes, and that is just NOT Hester's forte'

EDIT: What made him a great returner was that you don't "see it", you "feel it". That just didn't apply to him as a WR

that's what playing receiver is...making adjustments on the fly and being able to read the same thing your quarterback does. which is why he always failed as a receiver.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Correction, the O expected Hester to make route adjustments and not run away from one on ones.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Hester always a TC hero at WR. Something happens to him in games tho.

Shit last offseason he was saying he was gonna retire cause he couldn't take it.

No he couldn't take his fav coach ever being fired.

There was some spoiled players under Lovies reign here.