Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No they are tied for 19 total non offensive TDs

You must have missed the BB lesson on defenders becoming offensive players when they are running with the ball.

On a serious note. Its completely bullshit they are including Deion's INT return TDs. Shit has dick to do with special teams.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears and Hester should have started a media campaign long ago to brand him as the ST TD touchdown record holder. Cause he is and nobody else is even close.

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
You must have missed the BB lesson on defenders becoming offensive players when they are running with the ball.

On a serious note. Its completely bullshit they are including Deion's INT return TDs. Shit has dick to do with special teams.

Yep.

Devin set the record that cold night at TCF stadium in Minnesota, 2010.

ESPN had the headline on the main page, Devin sets the all time return record.

Then somewhere the next season, out of thin air, they decide that INTs all the sudden are factored into the return record and they started saying Devin was "tied" with him. B.S....Interceptions were never, ever factored into the combined return mark before that. For good reason, as an interception and returning a kick on special teams isn't even vaguely similar.

Devin set the record and the headlines were written. Revisionist history on the media's part to include Deion. Wonder if he used his sway at NFL Network to get his name in there and all the sudden the rest of the media followed them. Deion was good in his prime, but Devin in his prime was in a whole different galaxy.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just watched that 4th episode of hard knocks. Fuckin hate seeing Hester in another jersey and hearing the announcers calling out his name. Fuckin wish he was still on the bears.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Hester had a good run but he lost a step as a returner.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hester had a good run but he lost a step as a returner.

Did you even pay attention to his ranking last season? With shit around him at that...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree he lost a step from when he was a threat to score every time he touched the ball. But dude is still a top 5 returner, if the best still.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That was his problem here. Cutler expects WRs to make adjustments on the ball, routes, and that is just NOT Hester's forte'

EDIT: What made him a great returner was that you don't "see it", you "feel it". That just didn't apply to him as a WR

I think that's why he became less productive at times. He was trying to change the way he instinctively ran because he was thinking as a receiver and not reacting like a returner. Messed with his head.

Guitarman

Liked Posts:
Yep.

Devin set the record that cold night at TCF stadium in Minnesota, 2010.

ESPN had the headline on the main page, Devin sets the all time return record.

Then somewhere the next season, out of thin air, they decide that INTs all the sudden are factored into the return record and they started saying Devin was "tied" with him. B.S....Interceptions were never, ever factored into the combined return mark before that. For good reason, as an interception and returning a kick on special teams isn't even vaguely similar.

Devin set the record and the headlines were written. Revisionist history on the media's part to include Deion. Wonder if he used his sway at NFL Network to get his name in there and all the sudden the rest of the media followed them. Deion was good in his prime, but Devin in his prime was in a whole different galaxy.

Deion Sanders is tied with Brett Favre as the most overrated player in NFL history.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that's why he became less productive at times. He was trying to change the way he instinctively ran because he was thinking as a receiver and not reacting like a returner. Messed with his head.

He was getting banged up (Shoulder in 2009) and stopped hitting the hole hard and breaking that first tackle to get through the wave. His great returns tended to be up and then out. Lately it's been out then up. He's still great this way but it's not the same.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deion Sanders is tied with Brett Favre as the most overrated player in NFL history.

Why? Because he didn't tackle RBs one on one? He didn't have to tackle WRs since his side never got thrown to. Guy was a dick but he could play.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
that's being biased and stupid. Anyone who likes football loves Brett Favre. You're being a Bears bro fan

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Hester made 10 mistakes for every good return. I won't miss him.