Bears have third oldest roster in the NFL

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Could have sworn we were trying to get younger. Instead we went from fifth oldest to third oldest. Another small window of opportunity I hope the defense doesn't blow it.

Nick80

It helps if you post the article or give other readers a chance to view the article rather than just posting your fairly dull opinion on it.

I'm sure if you were to read it properly, and factor in the aging players on the D it might make it a tad clearer.

Edit:

Rather than being accused of derailing a football topic thread, if anyone is interested then check out the article on NFL.com - it's actually about the Raiders and Reggie McKenzie making their Roster older at 27.- something years, but it is interesting non the less.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
The oldest roster in the NFL has an average age of 27. Sports can really make a person feel old.

Reactions: DC

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/&id=273334591
It helps if you post the article or give other readers a chance to view the article rather than just posting your fairly dull opinion on it.

I'm sure if you were to read it properly, and factor in the aging players on the D it might make it a tad clearer.

Edit:

Rather than being accused of derailing a football topic thread, if anyone is interested then check out the article on NFL.com - it's actually about the Raiders and Reggie McKenzie making their Roster older at 27.- something years, but it is interesting non the less.

The article I read there's not much to it so I didn't bother to post it. But since it hurt your feelings that I didn't post it.

Nick80

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/&id=273334591

The article I read there's not much to it so I didn't bother to post it. But since it hurt your feelings that I didn't post it.

I'm just about the sharing and giving everyone the chance to run their eye over it, thus making the topic as a whole more interesting both inregards to the Bears and the NFL as a whole.

As for my feelings, they are fine, I just thought I would help a fellow poster out on a topic of football interest.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We'll continue to have an old roster until we start drafting better. Until then it is what it is.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I'm just about the sharing and giving everyone the chance to run their eye over it, thus making the topic as a whole more interesting both inregards to the Bears and the NFL as a whole.

As for my feelings, they are fine, I just thought I would help a fellow poster out on a topic of football interest.

Yes, because that's always your intent around here, to generate better football discussion...

Nick80

Yes, because that's always your intent around here, to generate better football discussion...

Can you please stay on topic, any complaints toward me and my posting style should be submitted in writing to me in the form of a PM. Thanks.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you please stay on topic, any complaints toward me and my posting style should be submitted in writing to me in the form of a PM. Thanks.

Dear Bears Blog,

If you want me to negbang Biff for his blatant disrespect just let me know. I too wish he would actually try and talk football and not go around trying to start riots. It's kind of sad really. I would like to converse with Biffypoo about football related topics. He seems mildly intelligent. But even when he makes a good post, he disappears until someone complains. Anyway, thanks for listening.

-M

Nick80

This is an interesting topic as a whole and for many reasons including the view of posters on who they wanted as the next GM of the Bears etc. There is actually a lot in this story but it will get buried because of the original post and what is attached to said post.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Could have sworn we were trying to get younger. Instead we went from fifth oldest to third oldest. Another small window of opportunity I hope the defense doesn't blow it.

But but but we should have kept Urlacher, Idonije, Britton and whomever else Emery chose to cast off.
You get younger through the draft and UDFA but they generally don't start right away. We have 23 players with less than 3 years under their belt that are all here because of Emery. What is happening is that we don't have many middle career players because the cupboard was bare when Emery arrived and we're filling in with vets until the Kids can step up. We're 2 years in and it doesn't happen over night.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Us having an older roster is emery realizing we Have the talent to win now, and continuing to bring in short term free agents. And yes, once he starts drafting better, the average age will go down.

I'm not too concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
But but but we should have kept Urlacher, Idonije, Britton and whomever else Emery chose to cast off.
You get younger through the draft and UDFA but they generally don't start right away. We have 23 players with less than 3 years under their belt that are all here because of Emery. What is happening is that we don't have many middle career players because the cupboard was bare when Emery arrived and we're filling in with vets until the Kids can step up. Were 2 years in and it doesn't happen over night.
This. I don't see the window as closing. The window goes as long as Cutler is productive. The offense will all be back next year. The old guys on D (Allen, Briggs, Williams, Tillman, Ratliff) will be gone soon and can be upgraded thru the draft. In the case of Ratliff and Tillman the upgrades may already be here.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Just for Reference ...

2013 Playoff Teams:

Chiefs (8)
Eagles (10)
Bengals (12)
Packers (6)

Saints (22)
Colts (24)
Panthers (26)
Chargers (21)

Patriots (11)
49ers (25)

Broncos (28)
Seahawks (4)

2012 Playoff Teams:

Bengals (11)
Vikings (4)
Colts (15)
Redskins (24)

Broncos (23)
Packers (5)
Seahawks (7)
Texans (22)

Falcons (31)
Patriots (9)

49ers (27)
Ravens (21)

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
We'll continue to have an old roster until we start drafting better. Until then it is what it is.

Well, yeah. Let's count the young + quality talent on this team: Long. Alshon. Ummm. Errrrr.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Broncos are 5th youngest if you remove Peyton Manning. Seems kind of a stupid thing to be concerned with. I do like the attempt to put it into perspective that he did with shaving 5 years off the life of 20 players to go from oldest to youngest but whatever.

Trantor

Liked Posts:
That's just a ranking of average age per team. It's adding all the ages together and dividing by 53, not counting bodies. A few 35+ players can skew a ranking like that. I'm more interested in body count than average age. No idea what our numbers are there, but I'm pretty sure we have more young players this year than last.