Practice squad eligible to be signed

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
@BradBiggs: #Bears expected to sign CB Al Louis-Jean, undrafted rookie free agent from Boston College, to practice squad. Made plays in preseason."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"@BradBiggs: Also believe #Bears will sign C Taylor Boggs, who spent last season on 53-man roster, to practice squad."

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
"@BradBiggs: Expectation is #Bears will sign LB DeDe Lattimore to the practice squad."

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@BradBiggs: #Bears expected to sign CB Al Louis-Jean, undrafted rookie free agent from Boston College, to practice squad. Made plays in preseason."

This will make some people happy. Think he has a lot fans here.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
When are they allowed to start signing? Tuesday?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Makes me happy. Has size but raw. Hurst showed what a year on the squad can mean.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Not that it matters a ton, but isn't it bad form to announce who you intend on signing before you sign them?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i figured DeDe, Louis-Jean, Boggs, and maybe Bellamy would sign. Really interested to see who we sign to the PS from other teams.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not that it matters a ton, but isn't it bad form to announce who you intend on signing before you sign them?

Other teams already want one of thse players or they don't. EX: Packers are not going to sign one of these guys just to prevent us from putting them on the PS.

Liked Posts:
I like that they're looking to keep Lattimore around.

Nick80

I'm happy about DeDe, not that it mean much, but little silver linings, I just liked what I read about him in those online draft thingys. Good job Phil.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Other teams already want one of thse players or they don't. EX: Packers are not going to sign one of these guys just to prevent us from putting them on the PS.
If a team claims a cut guy on waivers they have to be on the 53. I don't believe u can sign other teams cuts to your practice squad until they choose NOT to sign them themselves.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

I don't think they would poach a practice squad player just to keep us from having him. But if they thought a player had real potential, and know the Bears intend on signing them, then they could offer more money to get them on their squad and utilize them.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Biggs - Lot of people asked about #Broncos S Duke Inhenacho. I am told he was claimed by #Redskins
11:56am - 31 Aug 14

Newblood

Liked Posts:
If a team claims a cut guy on waivers they have to be on the 53. I don't believe u can sign other teams cuts to your practice squad until they choose NOT to sign them themselves.

I believe once they clear waivers, they are free for any team to sign to their practice squad (assuming they are eligible).