Packers @ Seahawks Predictions & Random In Game Thoughts Thread

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Aren't the Packers starting a rookie at center for this game? Rodgers might be looking out his ear hole by the end of the 1st quarter. I think the Pack will try to use Lacy a lot in this one.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t mind Seattle at all. They built a quality YOUNG team and had the balls to bench the starting QB they had just brought in and paid big $$$ to in favor of the second round rookie QB. Sure Sherman is annoying but then again he backs it up. Seattle has my respect for building a complete team through the draft.

Fuck Green Bay though.

All of that is true, but the Packers have also been one of the most successful drafting teams and have built a roster for sustained success through the draft. Plus, like em or not, they have real fans who live breathe and shit their team, as opposed to these screeching vegans in Seattle who were nowhere to be seen until they suddenly got good. Screw them. I hope they win tonight but it will be the one and only time I hope they win in 2014.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can see the Bears ST being catastrophically awful, but with the upgrades we made on D I seriously doubt we're anywhere near as bad as the 2nd half of last season. My guess is middle of the line or a little worse.

We'll see. After watching Russell Wilson and Chad Henne march over them with ease, I'm going to reserve similar positivity until I actually see the improvements. As of right now the upgrades are still only on paper.

Your opinion on this game is valid. But i have a couple questions:

1. Are you basing the bears being awful on two of three phases off of the seattle game?

2. If the bears are good in one phase and awful in two others and the packers are in the same boat, how do you draw the conclusion that the packers will come out on top when a supposedly similar team was annihilated by the seahawks?

Because i think Aaron rodgers is the difference maker, and I also don't think the GB defense and especially ST are quite as awful as ours.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I hope there are a lot of injuries. I want Hawks to win and I want it to be a bloddy mess with stretchers on and off the field all night picking up the bodies.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Gotta think Seattle will win. Mixed emotions on this. I don't like either of these fuckers. But I only strongly dislike Seattle. I loathe Green Bay.

What Chevy said ^^^

Hawks - 27
Packers - 24

Bones40

Liked Posts:
Green Bay 30-17.

I hate rooting for Green Bay. However, as I plan ahead for the Superbowl, the last thing I want as an NFC team is for Seattle to have home field advantage come playoff time. We will get the chance to take care of GB ourselves. I hope Green Bay wins...there I said it. I also just think they will...easily.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Seattle 31-Packers-13, Rodgers will be sacked twice

MacBear

Liked Posts:
We'll see. After watching Russell Wilson and Chad Henne march over them with ease, I'm going to reserve similar positivity until I actually see the improvements. As of right now the upgrades are still only on paper.

Because i think Aaron rodgers is the difference maker, and I also don't think the GB defense and especially ST are quite as awful as ours.

Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
I hope Green Bay wins...there I said it. I also just think they will...easily.

So you think the best team in the NFL is going to lose at home... Easily. I have no problem with people picking GB, but if anyone is predicting the Packers to win "Easily" or comfortably, they are high off their ass. And you can best believe if i am wrong i will be deleting this post to save face.

Football logic not even once.

RqHP2WV.jpg

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube_share;lSPNQ82Sq4E]http://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E[/video]

Seattle 31, Green bay 13. Won't even be close. If this was in Green Bay it would be a much better matchup but in Seattle there is little chance. These guys are 15-1 in their home stadium over the last two years. These guys are about as close to a complete team as you are going to find in this era.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Steve Buscemi.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seahawks 24 - Packers 17

Also, over/under 13 times the announcers mention how loud the stadium is.
Seattle runs away with it, they have been scary-good.

Also, on a side bet, before the end of the first 2 drives, we get mention and video of the replacement ref debacle.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seattle runs away with it, they have been scary-good.

Also, on a side bet, before the end of the first 2 drives, we get mention and video of the replacement ref debacle.

Before the game even.

Bones40

Liked Posts:
So you think the best team in the NFL is going to lose at home... Easily. I have no problem with people picking GB, but if anyone is predicting the Packers to win "Easily" or comfortably, they are high off their ass. And you can best believe if i am wrong i will be deleting this post to save face.

Football logic not even once.

RqHP2WV.jpg

I do. It's not last year. I think Seattle's defense has had their teeth taken away (they will still be good, just not elite IMO). I think Sherman and the rest of that secondary get exposed hard this year and Rodgers is just the guy to do it. I was at the Pre-season game a couple weeks back and when Sherman isn't holding, he's not very good. I saw every single one of our receivers turn him around like he was on skates multiple times per route, even Morgan. Bryant and Clemons were very important to what they do defensively and it's shocking to me that nobody is talking about the loss of those two. It's going to matter.

I definitely think that Seattle D takes a step back this year, but the wild card is their O. I think Wilson is under-rated, especially after seeing him live, but I'm not sold on that receiving group at all. If Harvin can avoid migraines and getting banged up too much he may be able to help that offense make up for the defense taking a step back. Their running game will be just fine, but if their defense is giving up more points, they will need more than Lynch/Michaels and like I said, I don't know if Wilson has the receiving corps to do that.

On top of all that, I'm also pulling for Seattle to lose every home game that is remotely possible, this is one of those. So there's that bias influencing me too.

edit - PS Can you teach me how to delete posts in case I am wrong?

Nick80

They may even use it as an excuse again if they lose tonight. :shifty:

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I just don't think the Packers are a very talented team.

Seahawks win 34-7.