Tillman on Fuller: I see greatness

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
With Charles Tillman done for the season with a torn triceps, the Bears will be leaning more heavily on first-round cornerback Kyle Fuller over the rest of the season.

Fuller can’t hope to have the same kind of savvy that Tillman has acquired over a dozen years in the Chicago secondary, but the veteran says that he plans to help Fuller as much as he can this year in a mentoring role. He also says that the rookie, who had two interceptions as the Bears came back to beat the 49ers in Week Two, brings the right raw materials.

“I just see greatness. He had a hell of game, great coming out party. If anybody was happy for him, I was,” Tillman said, via the Chicago Tribune. “I think, too, though, we have a good defense. And my role right now is to help our defense out, not just Kyle Fuller. I think my overall role is to help out our team. That’s the point I want to really get across.”

Tillman says he’s ready to do anything to help the Bears in 2014, but he’s not ready to make any calls about returning to join Fuller in the secondary next season, saying that he’s “thinking about fish tacos right now.”

And now we’re thinking about fish tacos too.

Permalink 3 Comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill

From pft

Nick80

Consummate pro. Even faced with what he is facing (towing the line or not) Tillman will be hard replaced on the field of play, let alone off of it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
What an amazing opportunity for Fuller to learn from one of the greats. You can't script a better scenario for a rookie. Unfortunate circumstances but its one helluva situation to help expedite the learning curves.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can already see it, Tillman is the stereotypical NFL player that can't come to grips with the reality his career is over. I hate to see it end with back to back injuries but the writing is on the wall.

Happy to see him embrace a supportive and teaching role though.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
punchout.0_standard_352.0.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Did Webb ever actually say he likes Taco Bell or is that supposed to be some sort of inside joke?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Did Webb ever actually say he likes Taco Bell or is that supposed to be some sort of inside joke?

I recall literally seeing him tweet saying, sorry guys I just love McDonalds so much. So I have to take it that he was actually tweeting about taco bell at some point.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Speed

Liked Posts:
Man trial by fire. That's tough for a rookie.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I recall literally seeing him tweet saying, sorry guys I just love McDonalds so much. So I have to take it that he was actually tweeting about taco bell at some point.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

He even thanked the McDonalds staff when he was cut. lol

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
Hope Tillman considers coaching in the future. he is such a smart football player