IST: Cubs/Dodgers

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Looking good tonight for the cubs. They win 2 games and they get to 70 wins I predicted. They in theory still have a shot at getting past 75 wins which would be kind of nuts.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Looking good tonight for the cubs. They win 2 games and they get to 70 wins I predicted. They in theory still have a shot at getting past 75 wins which would be kind of nuts.
Im hoping for 73 wins to keep them under 90 losses, which would be great since most had them losing over 100..

They just need to go 6 and 5 to close out year

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This sucks.. had a win at hand until an error killed it

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So as a fan now, with 10 games left are we looking for them to lose so they get a top 5 pick or win to end season on a high note

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Would be cool to finish under 90 losses but that doesn't mean much. Just looking at strong individual performances now to finish the year. The positional guys that matter had big games tonight. Baez, Soler, Olt filled in the box score. Just looking to see these guys finish strong and carry momentum into the off-season. Hoping to see Olt get regular AB's from now on out. Seems like the Cubs are trying to get him back on track but have given up on Lake

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
anyone going to the game tomorrow... im looking for a kershaw nohitter tomorrow. should be awesome to see.... hit me up id you are also gonna be there

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
You would have to pay me to go watch Edwin Jackson pitch. I've made that mistake too many times already

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Helen Keller could pitch better then Jackson. .2 IP 4 ER. What a piece of garbage.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Edwin Jackson can't be back next year. I can deal with them taking another shot with Wood because he was great last year and been effective at times this year but I can't recall one great outing by Jackson this year

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anybody really think his problem was that he was hurt? His problem is that he's on the roster and starting games....Theo's problem is that he got duped into thinking that Jackson was a professional ball player.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Theo was hoping he'd come off the DL and look like a potential #5 starter for a last place team and come back and pitch 1-2 good games and blame the rest of the season on his "ïnjury"

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Need a pole on this: Worse pitcher E.Jax or Sally er Straily

CSF77

Liked Posts:
K Theo grow some balls and tell Tommy that he has to eat E. Jax's 22 mil this off season. No one will want that turd.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
If the Braves ate the difference in contracts, would you trade E-Jax for BJ Upton ?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Braves ate the difference in contracts, would you trade E-Jax for BJ Upton ?
I would, give Upton a shot and see if he can rework his mechanics this offseason. E-Jax is never going to be good. Upton was good at one point, give him a flyer.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

No, fuck no, fuck off no. Truly, Jackson is like cursed here. The guy was never this bad ever. BJ Upton is going to be 31 next year and could block a prospect. Jackson sucks but I would rather cut ties and lose the money over bringing in another gaping hole. The Cubs have plenty of money. Eating EJax contract is not much. Taking on a player that even on our shitty team would be a 4th OF. Fuck no.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
No, fuck no, fuck off no. Truly, Jackson is like cursed here. The guy was never this bad ever. BJ Upton is going to be 31 next year and could block a prospect. Jackson sucks but I would rather cut ties and lose the money over bringing in another gaping hole. The Cubs have plenty of money. Eating EJax contract is not much. Taking on a player that even on our shitty team would be a 4th OF. Fuck no.

I don't think it will be that drastic. It's probable a small market team like KC or Pitt will be in need of a starter and the cubs can eat say $7 mil/season for the next two years to give that team a reliable innings eater who has potential upside. Look at it this way, Jason Hammel cost the cubs $5 mil in FA so if you're a small market team in need of a back of the rotation/org filler type he's not that crazy at $5 mil. Obviously the cubs got way more than expected out of Hammel but the point remains valid. Metric wise Jackson isn't *that* bad which is why I say potential upside. Last year he had a 3.79 FIP and this year he has a 4.44. Hammel was at 3.29 and 4.93 in 2012/13.

I know some don't buy the idea of WAR but he's had 2.4 fWAR over the past two seasons which with a win in FA typically being worth $6-7 mil makes him roughly worth $14.4-$16.8 mil vs the $30 mil he actually made. If you assume he gets say $10-15 mil over the next two years for some other team you're talking about him needing to be roughly a 1 WAR per season pitcher to have earned his value for that team. And this season as shit as he's been he's still earned half a win. So, you don't need him to be all that much better.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
At worst they should do it put him into a mop up role in the pen.

The main point here is if they are trying to build a winning product the last thing they need is a SP who loses just about every game he starts.

I wouldn't let him in a game unless it is already decided and they need innings soaked up.