Is it Sutton's time?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
They didn't move him to NT

A. They both play DT. But they play different techniques.

B. Even if they don't play the same position, how does that affect my statement you originally quoted?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
So Stephen Paea plays the nose tackle position the least glorified position in the NFL. Vince Wilfork has been the greatest NT over the last decade. Now name me the other nose tackle in the NFL you would play ahead of Paea right now who has been so much better than Paea.

Kyle Willams plays NT for the Bills and dontari poe, though I think Paea has played very well.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
So Stephen Paea plays the nose tackle position the least glorified position in the NFL. Vince Wilfork has been the greatest NT over the last decade. Now name me the other nose tackle in the NFL you would play ahead of Paea right now who has been so much better than Paea.

That one we are going to see in Hunter Green and White tonight is DAMN GOOD.

Tony McDaniel has been excellent as well. And Mebane was very good before being asked to play some 3 this year in Seattle with the loss of Clemons/Red Bryant causing the Seahawks to shuffle their DL depth.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
As a NT eating space is the primary quality desired. Ergo, he has the #1 trait needed to be a talented NT.

Not to mention he is still very raw and he is very talented he isn't just a big body.

dawags

Liked Posts:

Star Lotulelei, was hoping we would've drafted him but, I'm fine with Paea, when healthy he has played fine for us.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goodell put
out
a new policy.

Didn't
you get the
memo?

jackhandychis.jpg

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A. They both play DT. But they play different techniques.

B. Even if they don't play the same position, how does that affect my statement you originally quoted?

burp

Yes, both are DTs. No, NT and 3 tech do not have the same responsibilities, traits, or assignments.

You said:

Paea is probably still better vs the run than Sutton. I think if we get up on the Jets, forcing them to pass, we will see more Sutton than Paea.

Point being that the amount of time Paea and Sutton play are not related. One will not be swapping out for the other. Both could play or neither could play a given down.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
burp

Yes, both are DTs. No, NT and 3 tech do not have the same responsibilities, traits, or assignments.

You said:

Point being that the amount of time Paea and Sutton play are not related. One will not be swapping out for the other. Both could play or neither could play a given down.

Dur.

I never made the case that NT and 3 tech were the same thing. I'll let you continue that argument with yourself. Since I was never involved with it to begin with.

Same goes for the Paea and Sutton's playing time being tied together. I never made that case either. I was talking situational players for game situation. So I'll let you continue that argument without me also, since once again, I was never involved with it to begin with.