I am done with the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
I can't watch this crap anymore.

The referee's have too much influence on the outcome of the games now. There seems to be almost no consistency between officiating crews. When a officiating crew thinks they might have made a mistake on a previous call they try to make it up to the other team by calling phantom penalties or ticky tacky stuff just to try and balance it out.

FUCK THE NFL I AM OUT!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
calm down,

the game will come back to us. If Defenders have to play like sissies, honestly there should be 12 of them

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
This post isn't about the Bears winning or losing this game. This is about referee's unable to preform their job. This is about how much influence they have on the outcome of the game. If the Bears win or lose doesn't matter because in either case the referees had too much to do with it. And it doesn't matter if the calls are for the Bears or against them if they were the wrong calls they shouldn't be called. If the Bears win then people will say "Well the Ref's helped them" and if the lose its Well the Ref's screwed them". It's not just my perception of the calls. Even the analysts are mentioning it because it is that obvious.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
And it's not just this game. This is just the end for me. I have watched a lot of football this season and the referees have been terrible in most of the games. Maybe it is too fast for them to officiate or maybe there are too many rules. Whatever is the NFL has a problem when someone like myself, over 25 years of watching the NFL, has had enough due to officiating.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
091031002319-large.jpg

Shut up or I will really give you something to cry about

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm positive you're not done with the NFL

accepting the bullshit is all you can do

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
The NFL really is just getting ridiculous with the calls.
It's not fun with the drama at this point, it's an annoyance to both players and fans. Shit, Even the announcers are calling people out.

The NFL will implode

Svic

Liked Posts:
Goodell is a freaking joke. Its annoying and more frustrating with calls then anything. I still dont see how Williams's hit was a late hit. And a phantom hands to face on peppers was a joke. Stupid. These refs are annoying. And I dont understand how they could say bennets hands didn't hit the goal line

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
they needs to start putting flags on the players ... you know to protect the players safety.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
The CFL allows challenging PI penalties. Personally, I think you should be able to challenge any penalty but holding and personal fouls (as those are on the field judgement calls).

W/ this command center now they need not even burden the coaches to do so. Just buzz it in. That Jordan first down was so clearly not a first down. Yet I don't blame Trestman for not challenging it.

Also, put a camera on each side of each endzone. Important stuff happens there.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
So....what you're saying is you're not going to watch any NFL football.

Hmmmm...bullshit.

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:

The referee's have too much influence on the outcome of the games now. There seems to be almost no consistency between officiating crews. When a officiating crew thinks they might have made a mistake on a previous call they try to make it up to the other team by calling phantom penalties or ticky tacky stuff just to try and balance it out.

FUCK THE NFL I AM OUT!

Keep it to yourself.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

FUCK THE NFL I AM OUT!

cheez with the wine?

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:

FUCK THE NFL I AM OUT!
I agree, the players, the chess game and strategy have no bearing on the game anymore, and the NFL can suck my dick...
fans need to go all Ferguson on those fucks after games...

Justin Heras

Liked Posts:
I never really bitch about the refs to much. They make mistakes, it's just part of the game. When it comes to GB how ever, it's pretty much guaranteed the refs will do every thing they can to extend drives for them. And that's not just against the Bears it's against every one.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Ok, Back to the Officiating

Yes, there are many other fish to fry after this loss, but the fact that Perreira/Buck/Aikman are talking about officiating and the Baker/Peters/Foles thing - got me thinking about officiating again.

The NFL MUST get this shit fixed.

In two instances, drives were extended as a result of terrible penalty calls. Not to mention, the fact that the Bears were screwed by the officials on the Bennett TD. The official at the line should have called a td (crossing the goal) on the field - thus rendering the booth replay unable to overturn the call on the field. Those calls were the difference in two GB TDS v FGs and a Bears TD. By my count, that's 15 points of football impacted directly by the officials. Yes, the ticky tack call on the personal foul to Cutler was also borderine, but that was a half the distance penalty after the Bears picked up a first down. It didn't extend a drive or put the Bears in scoring position when they weren't.

But the most egregious? The defensive holding call on Bostic on the FG attempt. Frankly, I don't think I've ever seen a guy playing on the line - ON DEFENSE - called for holding on a FG attempt. Who exactly would be holding and why? HE was the one attempting to block a FG. Not only was it a call you just don't make, but it wasn't accurate. Bostic did not hold. That play directly cost the Bears 4 points.

The game was decided already but by my count, that's the refs having a significant impact on 19 points.

Like I said in the IGT thread - let the authorities and owners deal with domestic violence. This should be a focus for the NFL. It's fucking destroying football games.

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
If a defender (Mundy) is not allowed to make a regular tackle the game is done.

It can not get any worse.

Debating about off the field issues is great for the league as this distracts from the on the field shit.

It is quite simple: Do you want a contact sport or not? If not flag football would be a nice alternative.....playing in a Stadium for 10.000. And Goodell would have to reduce his salary. Poor guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.