On Luring free agents.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Cubs have a brighter future then the Sox, but hey, jealousy is cute.

id rather have proven players that we know what they can do and build around them than build around "potential". im so jealous of the cubs. any other WS title the sox get in my lifetime is just gravy. i got to experience mine, gluck getting your experience.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
relax. their prospects are all going to pan out and arrieta is like maddux and stuff. i love the cubs forum!

Nope, but when you roll 10 deep in legit major leagues prospect hitters and have a payroll that you have probably around 60 million to play with just this season makes things seem brighter. Oh and I didnt mention two 25 year old all stars. Tell me again how the aging Sox are in such good position? Shitty farm, not a good offense. You have starting pitching and a first baseman.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
id rather have proven players that we know what they can do and build around them than build around "potential". im so jealous of the cubs. any other WS title the sox get in my lifetime is just gravy. i got to experience mine, gluck getting your experience.

Lol, them winning a series in 2005 has nothing to do with discussion or the future.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, them winning a series in 2005 has nothing to do with discussion or the future.

lol. as you just cherry picked one comment out of what i said. yes the cubs future is amazing. no rotation at all, an unproven outfield, an infield with 1 guy you can count on in rizzo...but i forgot baez and bryant are a sure thing. how many more years will you be discussing "future". let me know when the cubs title parade is scheduled. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol. as you just cherry picked one comment out of what i said. yes the cubs future is amazing. no rotation at all, an unproven outfield, an infield with 1 guy you can count on in rizzo...but i forgot baez and bryant are a sure thing. how many more years will you be discussing "future". let me know when the cubs title parade is scheduled. lol

Do you think I expect the Cubs to win the world series next year? I certainly do not. I dont expect them to make the playoffs. I expect them to make a push for the 2nd wild card and learn who is part of the future and who is not.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The White Sox also have 2005.

The Cubs have Theo :fap:

Talking about one Chicago team getting a WS victory in 100 years and the other NOT getting one in 106 years is like the paraplegic telling the quadriplegic that you are more handicapped than I am. :clap:

The Cubs have whiffed with every GM and Operations manager prior to Theo joining the Cubs. I think a little leeway should be granted to let him try and finish what he and his staff have started out to do. Phase one is complete by having the top farm in baseball.

What's not to be excited about? Great farm, TV contract coming, a revamped stadium, payroll flexibility in a large market, and the Cubs getting lower draft picks because their record is improving every year, and they did it with little to nothing.

Now lets add a few free agents and start changing the culture of the Cubs. :beerbang:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Nope, but when you roll 10 deep in legit major leagues prospect hitters and have a payroll that you have probably around 60 million to play with just this season makes things seem brighter. Oh and I didnt mention two 25 year old all stars. Tell me again how the aging Sox are in such good position? (Bad) farm, not a good offense. You have starting pitching and a first baseman.

You are clueless when it comes to the White Sox.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Talking about one Chicago team getting a WS victory in 100 years and the other NOT getting one in 106 years is like the paraplegic telling the quadriplegic that you are more handicapped than I am. :clap:

The Cubs have whiffed with every GM and Operations manager prior to Theo joining the Cubs. I think a little leeway should be granted to let him try and finish what he and his staff have started out to do. Phase one is complete by having the top farm in baseball.

What's not to be excited about? Great farm, TV contract coming, a revamped stadium, payroll flexibility in a large market, and the Cubs getting lower draft picks because their record is improving every year, and they did it with little to nothing.

Now lets add a few free agents and start changing the culture of the Cubs. :beerbang:

It was 88 if you want to be accurate.

Hendry got you to the playoffs multiple times. Theo has a long way to go there. And what Operations Manager has there been besides Theo? Wasn't the position created just for him?

Phase one completed behind schedule. The TV Contract from recent reports seems to be a pipe dream. Still waiting for anyone to show the Cubs a destination for Free Agents.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
More Sox BS in the Cubs forum. It's really sad that a team than won the World Series ten long years ago and counting doesn't have enough fans to move their own forum threads quickly.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Hendry got you to the playoffs multiple times. Theo has a long way to go there. And what Operations Manager has there been besides Theo? Wasn't the position created just for him?

Phase one completed behind schedule. The TV Contract from recent reports seems to be a pipe dream. Still waiting for anyone to show the Cubs a destination for Free Agents.

What is behind schedule and who made the timeline? TV Contract a pipe dream? LOL They will get on with someone. This was never the big TV contract year. That has always been 2019.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:

Semantics. One WS in 97 years. Is that better? Point still stands.

Hendry got the Cubs to one playoff series with any similarity to prospects being on the team. The other team was bought.

Hendry had nine years, Theo has had three and it's been all about gutting the team which is something Hendry never had to do.

He came in with players like Wood, Sosa, and Alou, and had Prior and Zambrano on the verge of being everyday ball players.

Theo's plan was to move any talent he had to build up something the Cubs system was devoid in, which was minor league talent. And that phase one, is completed.

Theo hasn't even made a singular move to thrust the team forward. Please tell me you are arguing just to argue, because you now sound like KB.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Im not a homer like you Brett. You seem to be the type of poster that claims others are homers when its you.

you like the argument "well my dad...." don't you? No need to answer.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What is behind schedule and who made the timeline? TV Contract a pipe dream? LOL They will get on with someone. This was never the big TV contract year. That has always been 2019.

Managment did. Revisionist history fits you well.

As for the contract in 2019/2020 that is what is being talked about. New contract? Sure. Dodgers/Yankees type deal? Pipe Dream.