On Luring free agents.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Semantics. One WS in 97 years. Is that better? Point still stands.

Hendry got the Cubs to one playoff series with any similarity to prospects being on the team. The other team was bought.

Hendry had nine years, Theo has had three and it's been all about gutting the team which is something Hendry never had to do.

He came in with players like Wood, Sosa, and Alou, and had Prior and Zambrano on the verge of being everyday ball players.

Theo's plan was to move any talent he had to build up something the Cubs system was devoid in, which was minor league talent. And that phase one, is completed.

Theo hasn't even made a singular move to thrust the team forward. Please tell me you are arguing just to argue, because you now sound like KB.

Go back one more year so you can say it's Two championships. You were wrong. I am glad you admitted it.

Now, Hendry is by far the best GM. Could be Theo, but it ain't now. Get to the playoffs and who knows, a Title could be there.

Please define what a move would be that would enable the "thrust...forward."

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
With those five and a healthy lineup, they'd be right there in the discussion for playoffs. For now, they are closer to winning than the other Chicago team.

Any other Chicago team? Are you delusional? LLOOLL wow

The Bears are atrocious, the Bulls and Blackhawks are legit contenders. That was the dumbest post I think I've seen on this site, regardless of how much you may hate the Cubs

I really don't get why Sox fans seems to have an inferiority when it comes to the Cubs. Everyone knows the Sox are the #5 team in Chicago, you chose to be a fan of them knowing it was a Cubs town, get over it. This is probably why nobody posts in the Sox forum when this is the norm

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Any other Chicago team? Are you delusional? LLOOLL wow

The Bears are atrocious, the Bulls and Blackhawks are legit contenders. That was the dumbest post I think I've seen on this site, regardless of how much you may hate the Cubs

I really don't get why Sox fans seems to have an inferiority when it comes to the Cubs. Everyone knows the Sox are the #5 team in Chicago, you chose to be a fan of them knowing it was a Cubs town, get over it. This is probably why nobody posts in the Sox forum when this is the norm
Who said any other chicago sports team?

Get the eye boogers out scarecrow

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Ok touche. The rest of my post still holds true.

The only time I hear this sentiment it is echoed by White Sox fans. I don't think I've read anything about how great the Sox future looks, or some of the best players in the game saying they would like to play for them. Why can't you stay in the Sox forum and talk about how great you guys are? Why is it necessary to prove yourself greater than the other team in Chicago? It seems to me Sox fans are only worried about the Cubs, but Cubs fans could generally care less about the Sox. More worried about the Cardinals or Brewers. Nobody in this thread is buying what your selling, and probably the only other people in the baseball world that would lie a subforum away in the Sox section.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Ok touche.

Thank you.
The rest of my post still holds true.

No it doesn't.

The only time I hear this sentiment it is echoed by White Sox fans. I don't think I've read anything about how great the Sox future looks, or some of the best players in the game saying they would like to play for them.
Get around more? Why not ask yourself why there are more articles written about the Cubs than the White Sox. Answer that question and you'll be doing alright.

Why can't you stay in the Sox forum ...

I'm in both forums. I like baseball.

...and talk about how great you guys are?
They are not.

Why is it necessary to prove yourself greater than the other team in Chicago?
Almost always you'll see it in defense of some CUbs Kool-Aid comments.

It seems to me Sox fans are only worried about the Cubs, but Cubs fans could generally care less about the Sox. More worried about the Cardinals or Brewers. Nobody in this thread is buying what your selling, and probably the only other people in the baseball world that would lie a subforum away in the Sox section.

Well once you appreciate baseball and remove your team bias blinders off you and others will appreciate baseball comments more. If you want just Cubs comments why not go to a Cubs only board? :shrug: (FTR, I am not advocating that action. I think everyone can be a lot smarter here than on a team only focussed message board).

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, you basically had no reply to anything. Got it. You have some great post Brett. I like the way you bring up
Mod. Your boy dews recommended me. I sense jealousy because no one recommended you. Your post never have facts to back it up. It's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So, you basically had no reply to anything. Got it. You have some great post Brett. I like the way you bring up
Mod. Your boy dews recommended me. I sense jealousy because no one recommended you. Your post never have facts to back it up. It's funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whatever helps you thru there Mod.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
This is further proof that your posts never have any facts. :D

Except that the hyperbole that you and guys like SilenceS like to use probably gets you all in the Book of Records assuming Guinness keeps track of that. :lol:

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Still not sure why you guys haven't put him on your ignore lists yet...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Still not sure why you guys haven't put him on your ignore lists yet...
Nah. Brett is entertaining sometimes. Besides it's fun watching desperate Sox fans get upset as the Cubs become more competitive. :D

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah. Brett is entertaining sometimes. Besides it's fun watching desperate Sox fans get upset as the Cubs become more competitive. :D

haha! we are so upset. you guys are so close to a championship! lets see: dusty baker :fap: 2003 :fap: lou pinella :fap: 2007,2008 :fap: im still trying to think of the next manager of the cubs after the maddon :fap: fails. spending spree again that fails? than a new regime again with a rebuild..rinse and repeat. gluck!

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok touche. The rest of my post still holds true.

The only time I hear this sentiment it is echoed by White Sox fans. I don't think I've read anything about how great the Sox future looks, or some of the best players in the game saying they would like to play for them. Why can't you stay in the Sox forum and talk about how great you guys are? Why is it necessary to prove yourself greater than the other team in Chicago? It seems to me Sox fans are only worried about the Cubs, but Cubs fans could generally care less about the Sox. More worried about the Cardinals or Brewers. Nobody in this thread is buying what your selling, and probably the only other people in the baseball world that would lie a subforum away in the Sox section.

He looks around at home, and says "Hmmm.....nothing much happening here. I guess I'll go over to the neighbors and pee in their pool."

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Go back one more year so you can say it's Two championships. You were wrong. I am glad you admitted it.

Now, Hendry is by far the best GM. Could be Theo, but it ain't now. Get to the playoffs and who knows, a Title could be there.

Please define what a move would be that would enable the "thrust...forward."

Lester would. He and Arrieta at the top of the rotation generally means no long losing streaks. It would also do wonders for the team spirit as it is getting higher every moment.

After that, Headley, and bringing back Hammel. To put guys like Coghlan and Valbuena on the bench, and then being able to spot start when needed would be a massive upgrade rather than relying on them to start. It also gives the Cubs flexibility to be able to play them if one of the kids falters and has to be sent back down which could easily happen.

Oh, and a lefty reliever.