Lester blowing it for the A's

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So is Billy Beane on hot seat trading his top prospects and cespedes for players they wont re sign ?

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Regular season is irrelevant if you don't also deliver in the playoffs. In the 2009 playoffs, he had a 4.5 ERA and now he has a 7.3 ERA. Now bend over son.

You realize that you have removed an entire regular season and two extended playoff runs where he was excellent, and only focused on one playoff game in 2009?

Cherry picking! I don't think you have any business calling people names or asking them to bend over.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Never would have thought I'd say.... But would the A's already have won if Geovanny Soto played the whole game?

Is this someone looking for a nomination on worst comment for 2014? If so, here's your nomination.

EDIT: In fairness I made this comment prior to reading JJ's rants.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
First of all he gave up 6. And his ERA for the game was 7.3. Try again.

He left the game with the lead. I don't recall him pitching 9 innings. He didn't give up 7.3 runs. The relief pitchers gave up the lead. It's a non-issue.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is trolling yall. lol I dont know why yall responded.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They should have pulled Lester after the 7th. Big mistake. He ended up at 111 PC when they pulled him and he was gassed. So management mistake there.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What I liked was out of 111 pitches 75 were for strikes.

First-pitch strikes/Batters faced: J Lester 22/31
Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In Play strikes: J Lester 23-11-18-23
Ground Balls-Fly Balls: J Lester 10-6

Numbers were good. He got strike 1 with the first pitch most of the time. So he wasn't working behind the count.

Bottom line is his PC got up and the manager gambled and lost in the 8th.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Is this someone looking for a nomination on worst comment for 2014? If so, here's your nomination.

EDIT: In fairness I made this comment prior to reading JJ's rants.

The A's started Soto since he was vastly superior in terms of defense. I doubt the Royals would have had a free for all on the base paths had Soto been behind the plate. Plus a few balls went past Norris. Norris was awful defensively. Norris has a 17% CS rate. Soto has 53%

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The A's started Soto since he was vastly superior in terms of defense. I doubt the Royals would have had a free for all on the base paths had Soto been behind the plate. Plus a few balls went past Norris. Norris was awful defensively. Norris has a 17% CS rate. Soto has 53%

OK. But that in no way makes them worse than the Cubs. They started Norris for the bat

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've often wondered if there was a more inept MLB playoff team than the Cubs. There is: Oakland.

6 AL Titles and 4 WS Titles alone since the 60's vs. the Cubs how may and the A's are more inept? I suppose you can harp on the fact that their great run was their team in the 70's and that was 40 years ago but compared to 100 years I don't think you can call them more inept, just saying.

ChicagoBornCalifLiving

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never used 2007, and 2008 to "decide how much to offer him". I used 2007, and 2008 to disprove the opinion in the thread that Lester can't pitch well in the playoffs. So, please, do not put words in my mouth.

You should also know that 2014 was Lester's second best season ever, his first being 2009, since that is what you claim the team singing him is getting.

The guy would have been MVP of the WS last year if Ortiz had not gone off, but let's not consider signing him because of one game that he was leading in when he left the mound.

Edit, this comment of course is not directed at you but in support of your comment back to JJ.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
OK. But that in no way makes them worse than the Cubs. They started Norris for the bat

I never compared them to the Cubs. And they didn't start Norris. Soto started, but got injured early in the game

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Jz....my apologies. I read the line above yours and then quoted your link on Soto. You're fine. JJ cray cray, but you're fine. :)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
He left the game with the lead. I don't recall him pitching 9 innings. He didn't give up 7.3 runs. The relief pitchers gave up the lead. It's a non-issue.

The offense scored 8 runs so they did their job.

Lester gave up 6 runs in 7 innings.

The relief guys gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. The relief crew had a better ERA in the game than Lester did. So blaming the relief guys is a bit silly.

So unless you want to blame the catcher for his inability to throw out runners, Lester gets the blame. Just because he left with the lead doesn't mean it's not his fault. What if the offense scored 20 and Lester gave up 19? Are you still going to tell me it's not Lester's fault?

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offense scored 8 runs so they did their job.

Lester gave up 6 runs in 7 innings.

The relief guys gave up 3 runs in 5 innings. The relief crew had a better ERA in the game than Lester did. So blaming the relief guys is a bit silly.

So unless you want to blame the catcher for his inability to throw out runners, Lester gets the blame. Just because he left with the lead doesn't mean it's not his fault. What if the offense scored 20 and Lester gave up 19? Are you still going to tell me it's not Lester's fault?

:aj:

Status
Not open for further replies.