CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He should be at the top of the list, if he chooses to retire. He did a nice job in Iowa from what I gather.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Seems like this would be great. Did well with the young guys in AAA and there is the Spanish connection for some of the young guys

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not only "should" it happen, but it "needs" to happen. There was a level of sincerity when Manny said he's ready to give back to the game and the results certainly showed last year in Iowa. I'd love to see him be an assistant to Renteria and see what kind of impact he can have at the major league level. I'm sure he'd have a positive impact on Rizzo, Castro, etc.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
That would be sweet. He should also maybe get some game time with the Cubs. Just a little, for fun. Manny is one of my favorite players, so I would like to see him play as a Cub, though I know that is highly unlikely.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Better give him a job before the Cardinals sign him to the big league roster and he has a career season

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind him getting like 250 AB's as a DH/LF and being a player coach type. Get it out of his system before going full time coach.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"winning dont give up attitude" ive heard it all.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not only "should" it happen, but it "needs" to happen. There was a level of sincerity when Manny said he's ready to give back to the game and the results certainly showed last year in Iowa. I'd love to see him be an assistant to Renteria and see what kind of impact he can have at the major league level. I'm sure he'd have a positive impact on Rizzo, Castro, etc.

the "results certainly showed"? how does one actually gauge that variable?

A positive impact on rizzo and castro? They are professional baseball players, they dont need a "positive impact" from manny. Where do you guys get this stuff?

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
the "results certainly showed"? how does one actually gauge that variable?

A positive impact on rizzo and castro? They are professional baseball players, they dont need a "positive impact" from manny. Where do you guys get this stuff?

Alcantara, Baez, Soler, Bryant.... Those guys didn't have good seasons? Those guys didn't make adjustments in Iowa and improve as the year went on? Or did you not look at any box scores or watch any film?

And if you don't think one of the greatest right-handed hitters couldn't share a few nuggets with other Cubs' bats, then just troll on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alcantara, Baez, Soler, Bryant.... Those guys didn't have good seasons? Those guys didn't make adjustments in Iowa and improve as the year went on? Or did you not look at any box scores or watch any film?

And if you don't think one of the greatest right-handed hitters couldn't share a few nuggets with other Cubs' bats, then just troll on.

those players are skilled to begin with. his "nuggets" arent going to make or break those guys..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNChicago: Bill Mueller resigns as #Cubs hitting coach (@CSNMooney) - bit.ly/1vMRaG9 pic.twitter.com/jFaceaFBru

Doesn't really surprise me... he been pretty quiet all season, and I figured he would get fired..

Guess this might be telling us that Manny going to get the job now..

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
@CSNChicago: Bill Mueller resigns as #Cubs hitting coach (@CSNMooney) - bit.ly/1vMRaG9 pic.twitter.com/jFaceaFBru

Doesn't really surprise me... he been pretty quiet all season, and I figured he would get fired..

Guess this might be telling us that Manny going to get the job now..

Manny apparently isn't being considered. Theo won't comment on Manny at all till he officially retires.

sent from Jimmer range using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Might as well keep him around. Put him in the playoff roster and watch him hit the game winning homer in the World Series for us. Nostradamus again bitches

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
those players are skilled to begin with. his "nuggets" arent going to make or break those guys..

It isn't about making or breaking anyone -- it's about aiding in development. Castro and Rizzo are 24 and 25, respectively. To think they both can't improve and a Hall of Fame hitter can't help them learn is silly. Even if it's a tweak in their approach or helping them study film, I'm all for that.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It isn't about making or breaking anyone -- it's about aiding in development. Castro and Rizzo are 24 and 25, respectively. To think they both can't improve and a Hall of Fame hitter can't help them learn is silly. Even if it's a tweak in their approach or helping them study film, I'm all for that.

or figuring a way to get them on the right "cocktail" but i know i know he is a good guy paying baseball back. :rolleyes: