Enlighten Me: Exactly what defensive scheme are we running?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tucker's scheme is to block da field goals. He's overachieving.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It certainly begs the question of who's in charge. From roster management down to coaching - I think it's a big question mark. On a positive note, Ebola isn't the bubonic plague and we actually gave the Kurds some ammo.

Bearzinga

Liked Posts:
It's not the scheme, it's how the scheme is executed. This read, react, try to recover and keep everything in front of you hoping the other teams QB makes a mistake is the problem. You can play the same scheme and be physical and tighten up the coverage. Tucker needs to grow a pair of tresticals and stop fielding a scared secondary. If they don't get aggresive in the secondary against New England, it's going to be another rough day to be a Bears fan. New England has some o-line problems, so hopefully the Bears are able to get an awesome pass rush going. That's the only chance the Bears and Tuckers soft secondary has for the W. Of course that all depends on if Jay is feeling comfortable in the pocket. Once he starts feeling the rush he just implodes. I would really like to see Garza and Mills ride the pine. Mills can have a shot to win his job back when his foot heals but Garza looks to be done.

AussieBear

bobby explains it:

[video=youtube;nfHOQAT0-Mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHOQAT0-Mk[/video]

BearsG35

Liked Posts:
images

GoBears

Liked Posts:
It's called read and react. We read the play their running and then react poorly after they gain 30 yards on us each play.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's called read and react. We read the play their running and then react poorly after they gain 30 yards on us each play.

On that 4th and 1 against Miami, I told my brother that Miami would run a read option play and that Tucker better be prepared for it. Of course, they weren't and they hit got 30+ yards on it

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
3-1-1-1-1-1

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he hasn't already, Trestman needs to take back the team. I'd say that he needs to shake things up and assert himself. His power is resident in who plays and who doesn't. I'd bench Allen and Houston for example. I'd bench Garza and Mills. I'd play the young backers. If he pisses the vets off, tough shit. Maybe they'll wake up. I want people playing hard.

nihilism

Liked Posts:
If he hasn't already, Trestman needs to take back the team. I'd say that he needs to shake things up and assert himself. His power is resident in who plays and who doesn't. I'd bench Allen and Houston for example. I'd bench Garza and Mills. I'd play the young backers. If he pisses the vets off, tough shit. Maybe they'll wake up. I want people playing hard.
I would like this to happen also... Unfortunately, Trestman doesn't seem to have the balls to make any disciplinary moves. He's running a country club, not a football team, and the results are showing up in the way they are playing. A coach with no guts yields a soft team with no guts...

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
the "fuck it, they're throwing deep" type Inception-shit.