The season is over

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The Bears have followed the usual script under Cutler, he can't beat elite or border line playoff teams, unless they completely implode ala SF. So the question is can the Bears fix anything during the off-season to help improve the odds of making the playoffs in 2015? I understand for most of you this is going to be very hard to accept but the season is over and I don't know what can be improved for 2015 outside of eliminating Cutler. This is a guy who cannot beat good, well coached teams and they know how to attack every one of his weaknesses. This aspect of Cutler will NOT change no one can fix a guy who is as apathetic as Cutler is to losing. My guess is it's finally starting to wear on Marshall as well which could further complicate the situation.

So the question is at what point do the Bears draft Cutler's replacement and ready to bench him for the rookie? There is no way it can get any worse. Missing the playoffs under any circumstances is as bad as it can be. At some point pressure has to be applied on Cutler and the Bears have to begin to develop his replacement. Two years to begin developing that replacement seems logical, and this year's college QB class seems to be the time to make that move. Yes putting $17-million a year on the bench is not going to be easy, but 2015 should be the year the Bears are prepared to make that call. If Emery and Trestman aren't gutsy enough to make both of these calls, neither should remain with the Bears.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
do you see any qbs coming out of college that worth a first round draft pick? I don't, we may have to wait till 2016 to find his replacement.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
If Marcus Mariota skips his senior yr and declares for the draft I think he is worth a look.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Personally, I'm looking forward to the Great Chicago Bear Implosion of 2014.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I won't do the full 'season is over' thing, but I think we are seeing what many saw at the beginning of the season - the Bears just aren't a playoff team. Experts had them at 8-8 and that's about right (I'm saying 7-9).

If you look at the competition in their division, they aren't a division winner. Then look at the second tier - they won't get about Philly/Dallas, SF/Sea or the runner up in the North for a WC.

They are a middle of the pack blah team like so many in the NFL - the two teams you saw last night (Pitt/Houston), Cleveland, Cinci, Miami, etc.

Middle of the road teams with issues that won't make the playoffs. Yet again.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thank god I found this thread. Frees up a lot of time on the weekends. Thanks Biffy!!

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Marcus Mariota skips his senior yr and declares for the draft I think he is worth a look.

I feel like he will be a bust. I just don't see him translating well into the NFL. I do not have any proof to prove that, but I just feel like he is one of those guys who are hyped up to the extreme but ultimately fail in the NFL because their style of play does not translate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have seen this movie before, a buncg actually.

This walks like an 8-8 team, it talks like an 8-8 team and people can deny it, but this is an 8-8 team.

That is a failure.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel like he will be a bust. I just don't see him translating well into the NFL. I do not have any proof to prove that, but I just feel like he is one of those guys who are hyped up to the extreme but ultimately fail in the NFL because their style of play does not translate.

He has worked on being a pocket passer this year. I do not think he has thrown an int all season, kid is extremely talented has all the tools a QB needs, plus has that rare athleticism for a QB. If he goes to the right coach, system, and scheme kid will be a very good player.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we still have a lot of games left. anything can happen. remember rodgers going out last year? detroit could back up. minn is not a good team. i'm not very optimistic, but let's see where we are at the BYE, and if they make any adjustments. if we can SOMEHOW beat NEP, i think we're still in the running for a wild card slot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
we still have a lot of games left. anything can happen. remember rodgers going out last year? detroit could back up. minn is not a good team. i'm not very optimistic, but let's see where we are at the BYE, and if they make any adjustments. if we can SOMEHOW beat NEP, i think we're still in the running for a wild card slot.

Rodgers went out last year and still eliminated us from the playoffs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Lose on Sunday and we will be 3-5 with the the bye and Packers coming up at Lambeau. Tempers will flare even more.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodgers went out last year and still eliminated us from the playoffs.

yes, but it came down to that one play, it EASILY could have been a bears win and playoffs.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
turtley got disliked be DJMoore. May have something to do with the posters who are greater than DJMoore thread. :(

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
2432589568_dark_helmet_288x288_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

mtntop

Liked Posts:
if its not the end of the season , it sure feels like it. I was around for 85 an again in 2006 don't know how much longer gonna be able to wait for DA Bears to reach the promised land.