5 wide...

jc456

Liked Posts:
I'll predict that if the first series for the Bears starts at the twenty or less, the Bears will run forte up the middle for minus two yards on the very first play.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
5 wide works great with some QB's (Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady etc..) but not with Jay.

The part i like that you said is hurry up. Jay plays better in hurry up, not sure if its because there is no time to think, just react. We should be doing way more hurry up

That's why I'm saying combine hurry up with 5 wide... The defense has to play call immediately and line up immediately... If they blitz then you have to hope Jay just throws it away...

Also you can run hurry up for 2 or 3 plays and get their linebackers in the nickel then force them to cover Bennett and forte 1 on 1... Not an easy task...

You wanna go 3 wide put Bennett on the line and forte back in the backfield...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh cool. Magic formations are back.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Hasving 5 receivers only works when you have a QB that can look off receivers or go through a rotation. Cutler is laser focused on his target at the snap so how are the 2nd through 5th receivers helpful?

This, and This is pretty much nailing the issue on that idea!

Cutler doesn't go through any progressions one fuc*ing bit. Why would adding more steps to his neanderthal thinking help matters?

and i'm sorry, but saying his processing skills are on par with a neanderthal is really a bit too complimentary. Jay's mental acuity is probably more like that of an amoeba.

5 Wide? ... are you nuts? he'd still decide pre-snap who he is going to stare down, and we all know that adding more variables to the equation for Jay is just futile... at least those of us who see his gross inadequacies know this type of suggestion to be futile.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Marshall Jeffery Forte Holmes Bennett... And in the future Wilson...

I'm wondering why we don't just line up and look for mismatches?! Teams already have tons of problems covering Marshall and Jeffery with doubles... Why aren't we forcing single coverage and matchups with teams 3rd and 4th corners?

We could run a hurry up and catch teams with a linebacker covering forte... Or we could isolate Marshall or Jeffery on one side of the field... And put them 1 on 1 with a single high safety over the top... It's either a ton of open field for Marshall or he can run deep and clear a whole half of the field underneath... With a bunch formation on the opposite side of the field you should be able to scheme a guy into open space by running defenders into each other...

I thought we would see more spread and isolation plays from our offense and trestman... But we have all this talent and we didn't throw anything unique or new out there... It's time to get more creative...

You make it sound like it's something easy to do.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
um, we do use the empty backfield, not all the time, but often enough

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Cutler doesn't go through any progressions one fuc*ing bit. Why would adding more steps to his neanderthal thinking help matters?

and i'm sorry, but saying his processing skills are on par with a neanderthal is really a bit too complimentary. Jay's mental acuity is probably more like that of an amoeba.

5 Wide? ... are you nuts? he'd still decide pre-snap who he is going to stare down, and we all know that adding more variables to the equation for Jay is just futile... at least those of us who see his gross inadequacies know this type of suggestion to be futile.

The point isn't more options for the quarterback on a 5 wide set though you might think it is... The idea is to distract with 4 receivers and leave a guy open underneath... Either that or easy outlet passes like drag routes and in routes underneath which allow for quick thoughtless check down scenarios...

The idea would be to get a safety to run over top a guy like Jeffery who draws 2 defenders... If that happens mathematically you would be 9 on 9 unless you consider a QB a offensive weapon... Which some people do and in that scenario ( in this case I did not) though u could design sneaks using deep routes for QBs to sneak out and run for 5 -10 yards... if you have 1lb and 1 DB covering forte and Holmes that means you likely have a safety over top... So that's another 3 defenders out of the play leaving you 7 on 6... Subtract 4 d linemen and 5 o linemen and you are back to even at 2... Now you have the TE Martellus Bennett 1 on 1 with a linebacker...

This leaves Brandon Marshall 1 on 1 with whatever corner is playing him...

I guarantee 1 of your 5 talented Wrs will be wide open if you implement this system into our rotation...

It's just like college football... "You can't run the read option in the NFL" .... Theory proven completely false... You can't run it with a slow QB...

Same thing with 5 wide spreads... If you have the talent I assure you it is possible and we do... We just haven't figured it out yet...

We would also trap 2 linebackers on the field by running a hurry up... Because they would see 3 wide at first with a TE, but If forte could play well enough to beat linebackers like a WR the other team might be in a lot of trouble...

Also Bennett can be a security blanket that chips and releases or runs routes as the primary target... In the hurry up you could confuse the fuck out of teams... Even if he just stayed on the line to block them when everyone gets down field he just released into the flat...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
i expect Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte to win most matchups regardless of who Jay looks at. Problem here is, somehow the QB-WR still aren't on the same page in a timing based offense. This is the root of our disaster. 5 wide would complicate things even more.

I'd rather see more PA rollouts and crossing routes which is what Jay really has done great at... but what do i know

I would like to see more of this also... I'm not saying run it all game... Just to get momentum or catch a team off guard...

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Remember last year when the offense was doing awesome and everyone was hyped because Cutler and gang said they have only learned 10 or 20% of the Playbook?? Cause still wondering about the extra 80% unless they are bubble screens and WR screens. 3rd and 9 run a 7 yard out.

I don't get why this offense has regressed Forte needs the fucking ball so Cutler can go downfield once in awhile( INT JOKE) but this Dink and dunk shit is whacky. Relying on broken tackles rather than positioning and our length.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Marshall Jeffery Forte Holmes Bennett... And in the future Wilson...

I'm wondering why we don't just line up and look for mismatches?! Teams already have tons of problems covering Marshall and Jeffery with doubles... Why aren't we forcing single coverage and matchups with teams 3rd and 4th corners?

We could run a hurry up and catch teams with a linebacker covering forte... Or we could isolate Marshall or Jeffery on one side of the field... And put them 1 on 1 with a single high safety over the top... It's either a ton of open field for Marshall or he can run deep and clear a whole half of the field underneath... With a bunch formation on the opposite side of the field you should be able to scheme a guy into open space by running defenders into each other...

I thought we would see more spread and isolation plays from our offense and trestman... But we have all this talent and we didn't throw anything unique or new out there... It's time to get more creative...

problem is...ya need a qb who can read "D" well enuff to find the open wr.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

well as a single-cell organism, amoeba's get the job done (when it comes to controlling algae in ponds, lakes, and streams). Hell they can even split into 2 cells if necessary, so I don't think jay can compare to the high-performance level of amoebas

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Remember last year when the offense was doing awesome and everyone was hyped because Cutler and gang said they have only learned 10 or 20% of the Playbook?? Cause still wondering about the extra 80% unless they are bubble screens and WR screens. 3rd and 9 run a 7 yard out.

I don't get why this offense has regressed Forte needs the fucking ball so Cutler can go downfield once in awhile( INT JOKE) but this Dink and dunk shit is whacky. Relying on broken tackles rather than positioning and our length.

It has regressed because it isn't unique and looks like last years offense... Teams study film like religion... Nothing we are doing is new... Teams catch in really quick now days

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It has regressed because it isn't unique and looks like last years offense... Teams study film like religion... Nothing we are doing is new... Teams catch in really quick now days

So Chris Sojka in your opinion, what does all this say about this so-called "offensive genius / qb whisper" we are suppose to have as our HC???

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Chris Sojka and Run and Shoot would be a great HC/OC combo for Bearnut's roster.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point isn't more options for the quarterback on a 5 wide set though you might think it is... The idea is to distract with 4 receivers and leave a guy open underneath... Either that or easy outlet passes like drag routes and in routes underneath which allow for quick thoughtless check down scenarios...

The idea would be to get a safety to run over top a guy like Jeffery who draws 2 defenders... If that happens mathematically you would be 9 on 9 unless you consider a QB a offensive weapon... Which some people do and in that scenario ( in this case I did not) though u could design sneaks using deep routes for QBs to sneak out and run for 5 -10 yards... if you have 1lb and 1 DB covering forte and Holmes that means you likely have a safety over top... So that's another 3 defenders out of the play leaving you 7 on 6... Subtract 4 d linemen and 5 o linemen and you are back to even at 2... Now you have the TE Martellus Bennett 1 on 1 with a linebacker...

This leaves Brandon Marshall 1 on 1 with whatever corner is playing him...

I guarantee 1 of your 5 talented Wrs will be wide open if you implement this system into our rotation...

It's just like college football... "You can't run the read option in the NFL" .... Theory proven completely false... You can't run it with a slow QB...

Same thing with 5 wide spreads... If you have the talent I assure you it is possible and we do... We just haven't figured it out yet...

We would also trap 2 linebackers on the field by running a hurry up... Because they would see 3 wide at first with a TE, but If forte could play well enough to beat linebackers like a WR the other team might be in a lot of trouble...

Also Bennett can be a security blanket that chips and releases or runs routes as the primary target... In the hurry up you could confuse the fuck out of teams... Even if he just stayed on the line to block them when everyone gets down field he just released into the flat...

I think this actually makes sense and could work. Start the drive with a standard 3 wide play, then on the second play go no huddle and have Bennett and Forte out wide. Forte is an excellent receiver, so there would almost certainly be a mismatch somewhere.