Joe Maddon Coming to Cubs?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hue Jackson, 2008 Oakland Raiders. He guided them to an 8-8 record, which was so far above expectations it's not even funny. Can't wait to hear your excuse why this isn't a valid example.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7447129/oakland-raiders-fire-coach-hue-jackson-one-year

It looks like it was a few things. Mostly the hiring of a GM. Then the moves Hue made as Oakland GM and the collapse of the team at the end of the season. But this is about as close as you'll come to someone doing their job and getting canned for it.

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
You'll always find a reason to continue arguing your worthless point of view.

He certainly will... he'd have fewer reasons if y'all just ignored him... :)

I get a distinct pleasure from the image of several consecutive ignored brett posts...

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You keep using a word you claim to know yet do not use it correctly.

Forumites keep on learnin'
While Brett05 gets a spurnin'
Trollin', trollin', trollin' on the forum
Trollin', trollin', trollin' on the forum

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Not only done business, I own a business but thanks. There's called class and not class. Why you can;t admit that this is not on the up and up is something only you and others that feel like you can answer. But keep it up "Pot."

I don't know if this answers anything, but I just found it at CCO.

Report: Cubs Met with Rick Renteria Before Negotiations Began with Joe Maddon

There could be an official announcement at some point Friday the Cubs have hired Joe Maddon to be the 54th manager in franchise history. Multiple reports Thursday indicated the two sides were still in negotiations, but everything was pointing to Maddon being named the team’s manager.

Due to several reports stating the front office had not communicated with Rick Renteria throughout this process, the front office’s pursuit of Maddon has not played out well in the press. The public perception has been that the Cubs have kept Renteria in the dark and have not spoken with him about the situation. Over the last week, reports have shifted from zero communication to only Theo Epstein not talking to Renteria.

According to reports Friday morning from David Kaplan, Jed Hoyer flew to California and met face to face with Renteria before the Cubs engaged talks with Joe Maddon and his agent, Alan Nero. It would make sense for Hoyer to be the one to meet with Renteria considering he pushed for the hire a year ago. Renteria is obviously disappointed with the decision to talk to Maddon and there is still an outside shot of him staying in the organization in a different capacity.

Kaplan also reported that Joe Maddon is on a trip with his family and the Cubs are working on the contract with Alan Nero. Maddon left Florida in his R.V. last Friday for his home in California and was supposed to stop off in Arizona to visit family.

According to Kaplan, negotiations between the Cubs and Alan Nero could continue Friday and into the weekend. Kaplan also pointed out that a press conference to introduce Joe Maddon might have to wait until after Tuesday. Pete Ricketts is running for governor in Nebraska and Tom Ricketts will be there.

Another reason in delaying the announcement, beside public perception both in and outside of baseball, could be the Cubs working on a contract extension with Theo Epstein.

Dan Bernstein reported Friday the team might extend Epstein’s contract in order to align him with Maddon for the next five years. If that is the case, Epstein would be looking at a three-year contract extension.

Multiple reports toward the end of the season pointed to Tom Ricketts extending Epstein’s contract this off-season. Theo Epstein signed a five-year deal in October 2011 that runs through the 2016 season.

Theo Epstein said at the time the reports surfaced he was not concerned about his contract that he had other, other objectives going into the off-season.

“It’s really not a concern for me. I’m just focused on growing the organization,” Epstein said. “But I’m sure we’ll talk this winter about longer-term plans, and how all the different personnel fit into that mix. I love coming to work each day. I love the people I work with. I love the challenge that we all have here. And I’m probably more optimistic right now than I’ve ever been that we’re going to accomplish our goals, and I very much want to be a part of when it happens.”

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I don't know if this answers anything, but I just found it at CCO.

Report: Cubs Met with Rick Renteria Before Negotiations Began with Joe Maddon

And another rickety leg is kicked out from under brett05's "argument."

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Source confirmed #Cubs GM Jed Hoyer met with Rick Renteria late last week in California.

Pretty classy move by Hoyer. . Going to Renteria instead of calling him on phone..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Non cubs fans need to stop making this more then what it is... a solid manager who can take this team suddenly became available, cubs jumped on him and got him..

I remember people crying about when collins got fired for phil jackson. . That worked out pretty well..

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Non cubs fans need to stop making this more then what it is... a solid manager who can take this team suddenly became available, cubs jumped on him and got him..

I remember people crying about when collins got fired for phil jackson. . That worked out pretty well..

comparing apples and pumpkins

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

Something tells me if the Sox were trying to replace Ventura w/ Maddon, and didn't let Ventura know, brett wouldn't be saying shit. He'd be in mom's basement :fap:

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a serious note though, I feel for RR however, it's a business, and sorry but Maddon>Renteria. It is shitty to can him after a year? Yes, but hey you don't pass on Joe Maddon when he's available and there isn't a bidding war for him. We gave Rick something for his resume, we offered him a spot somewhere in the organization and it's up to him what he does. He's gonna get paid what his contract promises no matter what. As long as the Cubs told him that they wanted Joe, and they kept him in the know, Rick was treated fairly. I'm highly doubting RR was the manager that was supposed to take us to the World Series, same as Sveum (yuck)

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, for the love of God, would Cubs and Sox fans stop arguing. Dews is Dews love the guy even when he's trolling. Never had a problem with him. If you take offense to what he says, PM him and explain, don't rant and be a baby he'll just get you more worked up, as for Brett, for fucks sake, if he is trying to argue something stupid (I haven't read the whole thread) ignore him! 10 guys getting worked up and turning a nice hire into a Rick Renteria got fucked with no lube thread isn't fun. Then you dumbfucks wonder why the traffic in this forum has gone to shit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's funny is on page 7 I posted the article. Somebody can't read. Also, boo article just blew up the non factual post of one brett05. The sky is green and the grass is blue because I says so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@CSNMooney: Theo: "In this business of trying to win a world championship for the first time in 107 yrs, the org. has priority over any one individual."

@CSNMooney: Theo: "We offered Rick a choice of other positions with Cubs, but he is of course free to leave the org and pursue opportunities elsewhere."

@CSNMooney: Theo says Maddon "may be as well suited as anyone in the industry to manage the challenges that lie ahead of us." #Cubs

@Cubs: #Cubs to replace manager Rick Renteria. Full statement: atmlb.com/1wODSsd

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@BNightengale: Terry Ryan, the #Twins GM, is now considering whether to bring in Rick Renteria for an interview for their managerial opening.

Like I said , he may land on his feet quickly because of how well he did...

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Twins would be a great fit. Very similar position as the Cubs last year, with a lot of young talent ready to emerge

The Cubs better have a deal signed with Maddon. This would be a failure of monumental proportions if they don't land Maddon