Bill Cowher

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
... Are you still angry?

Oh, of course not. I slept it off. Unfortunately, I get reminded every two minutes when somebody texts me, or walks by my desk, and says "what the hell is going on with the Bears, that was embarassing". I just tell them, no problem Nick80 says everything is just fine.

Nick80

Oh, of course not. I slept it off. Unfortunately, I get reminded every two minutes when somebody texts me, or walks by my desk, and says "what the hell is going on with the Bears, that was embarassing". I just tell them, no problem Nick80 says everything is just fine.

You still seem angry, with me, I think you need more sleep, that or stop worrying about my post totals over a 24 hour period. What an odd bod.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To the OP, why does everyone think that Cowher even wants to coach again? And, if he does, as said up-thread, he is vastly over-rated.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You still seem angry, with me, I think you need more sleep, that or stop worrying about my post totals over a 24 hour period. What an odd bod.

My guess is there are quite a few that are thinking the same thing about your antics, but carry on, not sure what your mission is.

Nick80

My guess is there are quite a few that are thinking the same thing about your antics, but carry on, not sure what your mission is.

Antics? What are you on about? Mission? Are you aware you are typing these things out so everyone can read them?

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
Most overrated NFL coach of all time.

Had terrific talent, and lost at home in playoffs every year.

Won one Super Bowl thanks almost exclusively to the refs.

A coach with no head coaching experience came in and won one immediately afterward.

The myth of Cowher has gotten way out of hand.

I think you would have to put him head to head against Tony Dungy for most overrated of all time. Followed closely by Gruden

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you have a problem.

Nah. I am fine. Actually doing really well. You need to look at yourself, and stop taking shots at everybody on the board any time anybody says anything negative about the Bears. That is all you have done. Go into your profile, and read all your posts in the past 24 hours. That should take a few hours, then think about it again. That is all, feel free to tear me up, I have work to do, and will not be sitting here discussing with you further.

Nick80

Nah. I am fine. Actually doing really well. You need to look at yourself, and stop taking shots at everybody on the board any time anybody says anything negative about the Bears. That is all you have done. Go into your profile, and read all your posts in the past 24 hours. That should take a few hours, then think about it again. That is all, feel free to tear me up, I have work to do, and will not be sitting here discussing with you further.

Bit weird. I think you have a problem.

Actually edit:

Taking shots at everybody on the board? Over statement.

If someone states something negative I'll take the positive, but if someone asks me directly what I think I've always given a frank honest opinion. Ask your buddy Spartan, I couldn't have been more frank and honest after what Windy asked me last night in his thread.

No, you do have a problem, you have a complex and you pulled me up for cracking wise in a thread about Bill fucking Cowher.

Now go do your work and think about why it is you want to point the finger at me because it sure as hell isn't about me, it's about you, mate.

Last edited:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If anything, it'd be fun watching Cowher destroy Cutler after each pick and fumble. Cutler would shit his fucking pants.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
If anything, it'd be fun watching Cowher destroy Cutler after each pick and fumble. Cutler would shit his fucking pants.

No he wouldn't. This isn't high school football.

Coaches don't 'destroy' players. They don't 'destroy' franchise QBs who are making 2-3X what they are.

Cowher would bend his lip and meatballs would get excited. Then they'd realize that the don't have the real architect of that team - Dick LaBeau - on the sidelines.

We hear about that stupid 'fire, passion and accountability' shit. This isn't hockey where you can sit a guy for a couple of shifts or roll 3 lines for a 5 minute period.

What does 'accountability' mean? Are the Bears going to sit Jay Cutler for shit journeyman Jimmy Claussen? No. I doesn't work that way. Sitting Kirk Cousins - a backup with a few starts that looks horrid - is a no brainer. This is the NFL. QBS getting paid top money don't get sat. They keep them out there to work through it.

They also don't get 'destroyed' by coaches on the sideline. And QBs certainly don't 'shit' when some dopey coach screams.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Has Hub weighed in on this yet?

Liked Posts:
Ryan is a clown. He'll blow his next HC gig too, but he'll be a successful DC for the rest of his career.

Ryan could go either way after this year. I could see a small market team go all out to get him for a HC, but I could also envision a scenario like the 2012/13 offseason where coaches like Lovie end taking a year off before coaching. Some of these guys will take a year, if they get no offers as a HC, & take up a coordinator gig. If Ryan did end up a DC, I think it would only help his chances of getting another HC gig for an attractive franchise.

If Ryan is to be fired after this year, which he probably will, the only HC coaching gigs I could see him landing would be for a small market bottom feeder. If he took one year as a DC, where I believe he would have a lot of success, he could better his chances to coach a more promising franchise, maybe like the Rams when Fisher is finally canned, rather than the usual suspects (Browns, Jags, etc.).

But you never know. A franchise could be right there to pick up a guy like Ryan for a HC gig. Jeff Fisher is living proof that average coaches can last a long time. I just can't understand why Fisher is still a HC. He can miss with drafting young defenders, but where that seems to be a strength for him, it also appears to be his biggest weakness. Sometimes I swear that if Fisher new he could draft 53 DT's & LB's & get away with it he would. In the mean time he has a team with a ton of talent, & all it really needs is a decent QB that can stay healthy & limit mistakes. So of course Fisher picks Aaron Donald for what is already a dominant defensive line.

Anyway, because of guys like Fisher I could see Ryan getting another HC gig right away. But still I wouldn't be shocked if he had to wait a year, & in that case I think that taking a DC position would do him a lot of good. My only knock with a guy like Ryan is that he probably will do very well as a DC. So in that case, he probably would end up coaching again, & wouldn't be around long. I want someone who will be around for a few years to implement a system, acquire/develop talent, & build continuity. Like Bears Bud, I like VanGorder from ND. He runs a helluva defense there & has NFL experience.

When a coach succeeds on either side of the ball in a school like ND, I believe that's showing something. It's just not an easy task to put together a contender at a university with very high academic standards for their athletes. I do believe that it's harder for ND to recruited the types of talents that end up at other schools. So when a team like ND has the type of season that they are, & have had the past few years, to me that can point to coaching & scheming being a large part of their success more so than raw physical talent. I think VanGorder would make an excellent option for a DC with Clements as the HC.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Coaches don't 'destroy' players. They don't 'destroy' franchise QBs who are making 2-3X what they are.

Cowher would bend his lip and meatballs would get excited. Then they'd realize that the don't have the real architect of that team - Dick LaBeau - on the sidelines.

We hear about that stupid 'fire, passion and accountability' shit. This isn't hockey where you can sit a guy for a couple of shifts or roll 3 lines for a 5 minute period.

What does 'accountability' mean? Are the Bears going to sit Jay Cutler for shit journeyman Jimmy Claussen? No. I doesn't work that way. Sitting Kirk Cousins - a backup with a few starts that looks horrid - is a no brainer. This is the NFL. QBS getting paid top money don't get sat. They keep them out there to work through it.

They also don't get 'destroyed' by coaches on the sideline. And QBs certainly don't 'shit' when some dopey coach screams.

mike vick and mark sanchez come to mind as far as top paid quarterbacks who got benched recently. it's not unheard of. also you obviously weren't watching the bears in the early nineties when harbaugh called an audible and ditka went off on him. think it was the vikings in '92.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thank you. Fun like watching "da Coach" rip Harbaugh a new one after a mistake. A huge success Ditka in the later years. He should have won 2+ Super Bowls with that tallent. Ever see Bilichick or Walsh "destroy" their QB? And, true, Cutler isn't going to "shit" when Cowher or whomever gets after him. Its professional football.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I have dibs on the Tony Dungy thread.