Our defense creates unrealistic expectations for our offense.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me this is all bullshit. The defense isn't making the offense worse anymore than the offense is making the defense worse. What we have been watching so far is a totally dysfunctional team, that appears to be getting worse and not better. The only unit that can say that has been something to be really proud of is the defense in the San Fran game only. Other than, Emery and Trestman have produced the shit show.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
To me this is all bullshit. The defense isn't making the offense worse anymore than the offense is making the defense worse. What we have been watching so far is a totally dysfunctional team, that appears to be getting worse and not better. The only unit that can say that has been something to be really proud of is the defense in the San Fran game only. Other than, Emery and Trestman have produced the shit show.

Yeah, I'm not buying the argument either. Offense should be top 5 regardless of the defenses performance, and the defense should be top half regardless of the offenses performance. You're not going to convince me the talent isn't there to accomplish both. I also find it funny how both units have underperformed so badly that Joe Ds shit special teams unit has practically fallen off most fans' radar. Just shows how badly coached/prepared this team has been.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL @ keeping them out of rhythm.

Yeah i know its hard for u to believe since ur hero hasnt found one all season....Capt. 3 and out helps our garbage defense

Next he ticked off a generic list: protect the ball, convert third downs and establish a rhythm on offense earlier by giving all-purpose back Matt Forte more touches. “I’ve just got to lead this group and try to find a way,” Cutler said finally, “to make sure we play clean football for four quarters.”b

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah i know its hard for u to believe since ur hero hasnt found one all season....Capt. 3 and out helps our garbage defense

No, it's hard for me to believe because NE went 55 yards in 2:22, 80 yards in 3:40, and 80 yards in 2:18. I know you really, really, really want to place blame on one player, but when the offense played well last season, the defense still sucked. It's looked just as bad this season, so what makes you think the offense playing well would make any difference for the defense? Seriously, how many teams have gone damn near the length of the field on this team in around 4 minutes? Miami did it, NE & GB did it repeatedly, Carolina did it more than once, the fucking Jets were doing it. You can sit there with an honest face and say the offense is fucking over the defense when two QBs that have since been benched looked like god damn pro bowlers against this D? Seriously? How many times this season has the offense gone down and scored a TD only for the defense to allow one right back? And you seriously think they could've kept the Pats out of rhythm? The fuck outta here.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhh quick question what wereu expecting from our defense after last season? Now our offense?

Here is mine defense 20-23, offense top 10(3-6 range)

Do you see the Packers winning more than losing with a shitty defense? Why....oh yeah...let me take a crazy guess...the most important position on the field....yeah $20 mil reasons

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My expectations for this team are based on their talent level.

And they failed to meet those.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Uhh quick question what wereu expecting from our defense after last season? Now our offense?

Here is mine defense 20-23, offense top 10(3-6 range)

Do you see the Packers winning more than losing with a shitty defense? Why....oh yeah...let me take a crazy guess...the most important position on the field....yeah $20 mil reasons

Right, since you expected less, it's okay they suck.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the offense was better though, they'd lose by less.

lol worst fuckin part about this season so far is we cant even fuckin say well at least our offense is great....the offense cant do anything but shoot itself in the fuckin dick with penalties turnovers dropped passes just a fuckin shit show all around....the defense is just fuckin horrid outside getting to see some young talent emerge which gives some hope for down the road...the fuckin special teams....jesus I don't even know wtf to say other than goulds still gold

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
the part that bothers me is all those points they are giving up and making us lose games

This is the only game where the points given up by the D was royally bothersome. Of course this was a complete implosion. Pretty much all the other losses the Bears D was not giving up huge amount of points, and some of those scoring drives were because the opposing offenses were already set up in the red zone due to a turnover.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is the only game where the points given up by the D was royally bothersome. Of course this was a complete implosion. Pretty much all the other losses the Bears D was not giving up huge amount of points, and some of those scoring drives were because the opposing offenses were already set up in the red zone due to a turnover.

I don't know, I consider the majority of teams outscoring their average and opposing QBs having their best games of the year against the Bears fairly bothersome.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
lol worst fuckin part about this season so far is we cant even fuckin say well at least our offense is great....the offense cant do anything but shoot itself in the fuckin dick with penalties turnovers dropped passes just a fuckin shit show all around....the defense is just fuckin horrid outside getting to see some young talent emerge which gives some hope for down the road...the fuckin special teams....jesus I don't even know wtf to say other than goulds still gold

Yeah, outside of a few standouts, the whole team looks like hot garbage. Very disappointing season so far. The sad thing is, nothing has been shown that they can even turn it around.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't know, I consider the majority of teams outscoring their average and opposing QBs having their best games of the year against the Bears fairly bothersome.

If they aren't putting up a truckload of points it shouldn't be so bothersome. This offense was built to outscore the opponent.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If they aren't putting up a truckload of points it shouldn't be so bothersome. This offense was built to outscore the opponent.

Honestly, just don't see it making much of a difference. Instead of going 40 yards in 1 minute, they'll go 75 in 3:30. I just think it would only give us false hope the team would turn it around, whereas right now we see them for what they actually are.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Honestly, just don't see it making much of a difference. Instead of going 40 yards in 1 minute, they'll go 75 in 3:30. I just think it would only give us false hope the team would turn it around, whereas right now we see them for what they actually are.

We're gonna have to ride out the year, but it doesn't seem like this team is much different than the one that got throttled by Philly last year

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So we're agreed. O should be playing much better but we're not going anywhere with this D. We win more games with this O and an OK D than with this D and a very good O. Nobody wins anything when 1 side sucks.

SmellyFoot

Liked Posts:
So we're agreed. O should be playing much better but we're not going anywhere with this D. We win more games with this O and an OK D than with this D and a very good O. Nobody wins anything when 1 side sucks.

I've been trying to say this for some time. Yes, the offense is not performing well. And that is no excuse. They are below expectations. Full stop. If I stopped right there few would argue w/ me. But as soon as I point out that w/ this defense being non existent vs high powered offense that the offensive failings don't really matter this brigade of people turn this into "what do you mean the offense doesn't have to answer for falling far below expectations?" Like I ever said that.

I keep getting told everyone KNEW this defense as going to suck. Except, I don't remember ANYONE saying they wouldn't be able to force a punt vs GB. The offense was pretty good last year and the defense sucked. How did that work out? If we have last year's offense w/ this defense does it really make any useful difference? Maybe we win vs Carolina. But GB and NE still kick our asses.

Again, I'm not saying that this defense has to be a 3-n-out smothering defense. The talent level isn't there for that. But the Bears spent draft picks and FA moves to at least make sure this defense could force a punt or 3 in a game vs a high powered offense. Read that as their divisional opponent - GB

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Serious question. Do you think we have the talent to be a top 15 Defense? if not then what position group do you think we are lacking? D-Line, LBers, CBs, Safeties

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I've been trying to say this for some time. Yes, the offense is not performing well. And that is no excuse. They are below expectations. Full stop. If I stopped right there few would argue w/ me. But as soon as I point out that w/ this defense being non existent vs high powered offense that the offensive failings don't really matter this brigade of people turn this into "what do you mean the offense doesn't have to answer for falling far below expectations?" Like I ever said that.

I keep getting told everyone KNEW this defense as going to suck. Except, I don't remember ANYONE saying they wouldn't be able to force a punt vs GB. The offense was pretty good last year and the defense sucked. How did that work out? If we have last year's offense w/ this defense does it really make any useful difference? Maybe we win vs Carolina. But GB and NE still kick our asses.

Again, I'm not saying that this defense has to be a 3-n-out smothering defense. The talent level isn't there for that. But the Bears spent draft picks and FA moves to at least make sure this defense could force a punt or 3 in a game vs a high powered offense. Read that as their divisional opponent - GB

I'm actually fine at 6-2 at the bye vs 3-5. That would leave the Bears in a tie with Det.