Mully: Trestman has been a failure

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sorry, Thomas, but Desmond Clark disagrees with you. Love Lovie all you want but don't try to revise history

Reactions: 1ke

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sorry, Thomas, but Desmond Clark disagrees with you. Love Lovie all you want but don't try to revise history

Ok Ole, then of course you will be able to tell me this list of players who were really good but never got a chance under Lovie...

BEARS

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok Ole, then of course you will be able to tell me this list of players who were really good but never got a chance under Lovie...

BEARS

I'm just saying Clark told me himself that Lovie's doghouse was very real but it was mainly used on D, and the D resented the O for getting away with murder

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just saying Clark told me himself that Lovie's doghouse was very real but it was mainly used on D, and the D resented the O for getting away with murder

I gotcha...

BEARS

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The one doghouse incident I had a problem with was DJ Moore, who appeared to get benched for the crime of being honest about Cutler.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler had an amusing quote after that 'incident.'

"If they want a quarterback that doesn't care they can get somebody else."

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not in Chicago.

Maybe you should be head coach though. You obviously got all the answers.

That comment was not directed to you, sorry if you got offended. It was directed to those in that great state of South Dakota that seem to have a good feel for this stuff. Anyway, if I was going to go down the career path of coaching, more than likely it would have been in basketball, college basketball. But I do appreciate your kind words and belief that I should be the head coach, for the record I have a lot of answers, but not all of them.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Idk. I still remember quite vividly that press conference by Bill Belichick where he said, "We're on to Cincinnati" 6 times. Bill struggles and it clearly matters.

Right, but let's put things in a realistic perspective. The likes of Belichick will never be found here. The Bears are more concerned with making sure that Halas Hall doesn't have any meanies.

As far as Bruce Arians goes, the Bears have gone all in on Cutler. That's why Trestman is here, to fix Cutler. It fits the Jay obsession since the day they gave 6 years away bringing him in, to the probable 6 years they gave away paying him 50 whatever million.

Arians? He was smoke and mirrors. A, "look we tried other guys" charade. I'd actually consider him a little nuts for wanting to come here. In it's current state it would be career suicide. A history of poor management, the Cutler circus, the shitty field/stadium, the moronic fans who want to put a coach's head on a spike after two missed playoff seasons...

(Whew!... it's a good thing we didn't axe Ditka for two, otherwise we wouldn't have anything to cry over 30 years later when we get our asses handed to us on a platter.)

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Right, but let's put things in a realistic perspective. The likes of Belichick will never be found here. The Bears are more concerned with making sure that Halas Hall doesn't have any meanies.

As far as Bruce Arians goes, the Bears have gone all in on Cutler. That's why Trestman is here, to fix Cutler. It fits the Jay obsession since the day they gave 6 years away bringing him in, to the probable 6 years they gave away paying him 50 whatever million.

Arians? He was smoke and mirrors. A, "look we tried other guys" charade. I'd actually consider him a little nuts for wanting to come here. In it's current state it would be career suicide. A history of poor management, the Cutler circus, the shitty field/stadium, the moronic fans who want to put a coach's head on a spike after two missed playoff seasons...

(Whew!... it's a good thing we didn't axe Ditka for two, otherwise we wouldn't have anything to cry over 30 years later when we get our asses handed to us on a platter.)

Ummmm.... did you read the articles? Arians specifically requested a meeting with Cutler and he has come out and said he wanted to work with him. Arians wanted to be in Chicago.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Ummmm.... did you read the articles? Arians specifically requested a meeting with Cutler and he has come out and said he wanted to work with him. Arians wanted to be in Chicago.

Yep. His big selling point in Chicago is that he wanted to work with Jay.

Fuck off Emery.

Two science geeks trying to manage a bunch of alpha male type a personalities.

Surely this has worked out well... Smh

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers

Ummmm... did you read that part where I said I'd consider him a little nuts for wanting to come here?

(I was also implying that Trestman had the job regardless of Arians's interest)

Last edited:

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
<Dammit. I quoted my own post again...>

Mitchapalooza

I agree Trestman is a bad coach, but Emery has been a fucking godsend.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one doghouse incident I had a problem with was DJ Moore, who appeared to get benched for the crime of being honest about Cutler.

I had a problem too until I realized DJ had stopped making plays and that he openly flouted Lovie's omerta.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Ummmm... did you read that part where I said I'd consider him a little nuts for wanting to come here?

(I was also implying that Trestman had the job regardless of Arians's interest)

I thought you implied you didn't know that he wanted to come here. I would consider him nuts v.s. I consider him nuts. You consider him nuts then.

Mitchapalooza

what do you mean? he came in after Angelo has raped us for years upon years. What has Emery done wrong besides draft McBust and hire trestman? He's made tons of moves and shored up the o-line in one offseason.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
what do you mean? he came in after Angelo has raped us for years upon years. What has Emery done wrong besides draft McBust and hire trestman? He's made tons of moves and shored up the o-line in one offseason.
He's the one rersponsible for joe d and tucker. Oh, and his dumb science stats crap iwth Trestman is ridiculous.

Oh, and the Trestman hire when the guy who is rolling with a 16-7 record wanted to coach the Bears.