George McCaskey interview on the Bears

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
George McCakey does not care about, or does not know, about the playoffs.

I did some looking at the Bears playoff record in the last 20 years that I will be posting.

The McCaskeys care about business ops and that is about it.

You fucking people are being such dolts right now it's bordering on insanity. Go read the entire interview and quit looking at everything through the "this FO/ownership will never get us where we want to go to!!!!" prism.

Fucking Christs sakes I thought Bears fans, or least those outside of the ones who post on the Bears facebook page, were smarter and more intelligent than that but apparently not.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bandwagon fan shit if I've ever heard it.

Educated fan with standards.

The McCaskeys make a living off of people living in 1985 and not educating themselves to how pathetic this team has become since that time.

If this team was not in Chicago with their record they would be not even close to as popular or profitable.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
The reality is this about your Bears.....

First Michael took over and felt he understood football because he hung around the locker room peaking at the players when they were in the showers when he was a kid. His first moves were to let a premier LB (Marshall) that was drafted by this team walk away. Then he insulted Reggie White by not going after him in FA, then actually saying to a radio host, when asked what do you have to say to Reggie White now that the Packers have signed him, he says "I now welcome you to the NFC Central Reggie White", of course White thanked him by sacking his fucking QB's at an alarming rate for the next 10 years. Then the smart ass pissed off McMahon so badly he told Michael to fuck off and he went to the Packers to spite him. Then, when mommy said the team sucks because of you, go get a GM, he has to go out and hire a fucking consulting firm to find Jerry Angelo. Then the mayor tells Michael to take his piece of shit team to Gary, there is no stadium deal to be made for that bunch of pricks. So mommy tells the public that Michael is out and Teddy is in. So Teddy gives the mayor a blow job and the Bears get use of a fucking park to play football in. The only team in the NFL to not own their own stadium, and people say they are not cheap, this is reason 1 why they are.

Now for 10 years the fans suffer through bullshit football until mommy now says that her ticket hawking son will now lead the organization. So now a ticket hawker, who knows shit about football, hires his version of a GM.

And here we are today, almost 30 yrs removed from the only championship most of you have ever know. This team still is trying to figure out how to draft a QB. It still can not compete with Green Bay, it's biggest rival, it misses the playoffs on a regular basis, in fact making the playoffs for this team is a milestone itself.

And people wonder why I come her and bash this fucking team on a routine basis, even when it sneaks out a win over a crappy opponent.....I do it because the Bears SUCK right at the TOP. And until the team moves, or the owners sell, it will be like this forever.....BEARS FOOTBALL people, get used to it.

First, about "your" Bears? So are you finally admitting you aren't a fucking Bears fan and are a troll?

Two, now we are calling Michael McCaskey gay by suggesting he peeked at the players in the showers as a kid? You clown.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Educated fan with standards.

The McCaskeys make a living off of people living in 1985 and not educating themselves to how pathetic this team has become since that time.

If this team was not in Chicago with their record they would be not even close to as popular or profitable.

This is stupid. The McCaskeys aren't making shit off the 1985 team. Also, George is not Michael so maybe we should stop projecting Michael's failures onto George? Or maybe not so everyone can continue bleeding every time a Bears player sneezes and no one says "bless you" or whatever other stupid shit people want to bitch about.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This is stupid. The McCaskeys aren't making shit off the 1985 team. Also, George is not Michael so maybe we should stop projecting Michael's failures onto George? Or maybe not so everyone can continue bleeding every time a Bears player sneezes and no one says "bless you" or whatever other stupid shit people want to bitch about.

George is the same shit as before moron. This organization is on the level of the browns and jaguars.

Look at the GM they hired -he wasn't interviewed by any other team with a GM vacancy and he was LAUGHED at by others at the combine when he said he was the new Bears GM. He hired a CFL coach. He forced the new coaches to take Lovie staff. Yay for dumpster diving.

The CFL coach who was "highly regarded" by higher ups in the organization. I wonder who?

And the accountant is still leader of football operations.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
First, about "your" Bears? So are you finally admitting you aren't a fucking Bears fan and are a troll?

Two, now we are calling Michael McCaskey gay by suggesting he peeked at the players in the showers as a kid? You clown.

I told you already once before, you work for the fucking bears asshole, stay the fuck out of my quotes....I don't give a shit what you as a McCaskey family member thinks....GOT IT!!....GET IT!!

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
George is the same shit as before moron. This organization is on the level of the browns and jaguars.

Look at the GM they hired -he wasn't interviewed by any other team with a GM vacancy and he was LAUGHED at by others at the combine when he said he was the new Bears GM. He hired a CFL coach. He forced the new coaches to take Lovie staff. Yay for dumpster diving.

The CFL coach who was "highly regarded" by higher ups in the organization. I wonder who?

And the accountant is still leader of football operations.

Don't argue with this ASHIllini32 ass wipe, he is a member of the fucking McCaskey family, no one in their right mind would be defending 30 years of this bullshit llike he is without any anger over the facts like he does

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I use 1985 as a representation of Bears fans thinking their team and the product on the field is better than it is.

The McCaskeys have put and incredibly mediocre product on the field for 20 years and they still make a ton because Bears fans are forever hopeful and caught up in tradition.

Most teams would not have the financial success of the Bears with the limited on field success.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will say that I have increased faith in George over that raging incompetent Michael.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I did some looking at the Bears playoff record in the last 20 years that I will be posting.

Very very true. Throughout their history, ever since Halas retired, the Bears hired coaching staff on the cheap.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Halas was a GREAT MAN. He hired some very good men.He demanded a lot from his guys and was tough with his money. Perhaps he hung on to long but next to the circle of nitwits that the McCaskeys have thrown out there, he was ACES. They are on top of a cash cow in which their Bears fans lemmings work their way up the elevators in Soldier Field. ANd they get a shitload of money out of the revenue from the pay for view packages and jersey and trinket revenue. They have no pride nor knowhow on bringing together a solid management team. Period.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The McCaskey's are not as knowledgeable or as involved as someone like Robert Kraft.

Right after the ridiculous, everything is all right, press conference Robert Kraft would have been hanging Trestman and Emery over the side of a building by their legs.

The McCaskeys are not the reason that this team is 3-5, but they do nothing to help them.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I would say with the exception of Michael they really do care about the fans and winning. They're just incompetent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would say with the exception of Michael they really do care about the fans and winning. They're just incompetent.

I actually believe this is the case.

Well intentioned idiots that inherited the business, instead of stomping on throats to build it.

twtw

Liked Posts:
This is one of the reasons Chicago needs a second NFL franchise. The Bears have no competition, and little incentive to put a winning product on the field (though I do think they legitimately tried this year). A team that has missed the playoffs in 6 out of the last 7 years has far and away the highest secondary market ticket price in the NFL.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
The McCaskey's are not as knowledgeable or as involved as someone like Robert Kraft.

Right after the ridiculous, everything is all right, press conference Robert Kraft would have been hanging Trestman and Emery over the side of a building by their legs.

The McCaskeys are not the reason that this team is 3-5, but they do nothing to help them.

See Emery and Trestman. It's a trickle down effect. Everyone hired is incompetent.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kraft and a lot of these owners are hard core, cut your throat businessmen.

You cannot tell me that the Bears are not run like a mom and pop corner store in comparison to a team like that Patriots.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kraft and a lot of these owners are hard core, cut your throat businessmen.

You cannot tell me that the Bears are not run like a mom and pop corner store in comparison to a team like that Patriots.

All Kraft did was hire Belichcik. Give me a fucking break.

proton

Liked Posts:
First off George Halas was irrelevant and inept his last 18 years of running the Bears. The modern NFL left him in the dust.

Had Mugsy Halas lived these McCaskey clowns would have never had any involvement at all in running this team. Mugsy Halas was no genius but at least he had enough sense to go behind his senile Dads back and hire Jim Finks and then get out of the way.

The McCaskeys have been horrific stewards of this gift they inherited. Their only credentials are being in the lucky sperm club. They have no clue how to build sustained success.