George McCaskey interview on the Bears

sewie

Liked Posts:
http://www.profootballrumors.com/bears-chairman-discusses-slow-start/

Bears Chairman Discusses Slow Start

October 30th at 1:53pm CST*by Luke Adams

Appearing on Comcast SportsNet’s “Bears Huddle” on Wednesday, Bears chairman*George H. McCaskey*addressed the team’s underwhelming first half, which sees the club sitting at 3-5, several games back of the Lions and Packers. According to McCarskey, he’s “very disappointed” about how the season has gone so far, but is hopeful that a turnaround is on the horizon, as*Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com*details.

“Bears fans and everybody in the building was expecting this team to contend for a Super Bowl and now we’ve dug ourselves a little bit of a hole,”*McCaskey said.*“But I think every team faces some adversity at some point in the season and the measure of the team is how they react to that adversity. So we’ll see what these guys are made of. We have every confidence in Phil and Marc and the players to pull us out of this.”

Although it’s not unusual for high-ranking team executives to express disappointment over poor results and optimism about the future, McCaskey’s comments are somewhat notable for their mention of GM*Phil Emery*and head coach*Marc Trestman. As Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com observes (via Twitter), McCaskey’s vote of confidence for Emery and Trestman seems unsolicited and somewhat premature.

At this point, McCaskey’s comments should simply be taken at face value, since it’s unlikely that either Emery, who has been the team’s GM since January 2012, or Trestman, hired in 2013, are on any sort of hot seat just yet. But if the Bears continue to struggle in the second half, it may be a situation worth keeping an eye on as the 2015 season approaches. The team hasn’t earned a playoff berth since the 2010 campaign, and Emery’s massive investment in*Jay Cutler*is the kind of move that could eventually cost him his job if the Bears don’t become a legit contender with Cutler at the helm.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I haven't heard one person from the front office or the coaching staff that has said we have to play better, we have to coach better, we must execute better, we need to make better decisions with our game plans

It's always, we have confidence in what we are doing, we believe our plan will have success. We're a 3-5 team, Jay is a 3-5 qb.

Sounds like loser talk to me

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol being 3-5 and having to likely go 7-1 from here on out to have a chance at even being the 6th seed in the NFC is more than being in a little bit of a hole.

Sad. When is the real talk going to start? When is anyone going to say something real? I hate all this "let's blow smoke up everyones' ass" bullshit. No one is fucking buying it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
George McCakey does not care about, or does not know, about the playoffs.

I did some looking at the Bears playoff record in the last 20 years that I will be posting.

The McCaskeys care about business ops and that is about it.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
The problem is that the Bears don’t even know what their problems are. They're clueless, which is scary as shit as a fan

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I did some looking at the Bears playoff record in the last 20 years that I will be posting.

Winning championships is great for business.... just ask the Blackhawks execs how their bottom line looks after winning 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The reality is this about your Bears.....

First Michael took over and felt he understood football because he hung around the locker room peaking at the players when they were in the showers when he was a kid. His first moves were to let a premier LB (Marshall) that was drafted by this team walk away. Then he insulted Reggie White by not going after him in FA, then actually saying to a radio host, when asked what do you have to say to Reggie White now that the Packers have signed him, he says "I now welcome you to the NFC Central Reggie White", of course White thanked him by sacking his fucking QB's at an alarming rate for the next 10 years. Then the smart ass pissed off McMahon so badly he told Michael to fuck off and he went to the Packers to spite him. Then, when mommy said the team sucks because of you, go get a GM, he has to go out and hire a fucking consulting firm to find Jerry Angelo. Then the mayor tells Michael to take his piece of shit team to Gary, there is no stadium deal to be made for that bunch of pricks. So mommy tells the public that Michael is out and Teddy is in. So Teddy gives the mayor a blow job and the Bears get use of a fucking park to play football in. The only team in the NFL to not own their own stadium, and people say they are not cheap, this is reason 1 why they are.

Now for 10 years the fans suffer through bullshit football until mommy now says that her ticket hawking son will now lead the organization. So now a ticket hawker, who knows shit about football, hires his version of a GM.

And here we are today, almost 30 yrs removed from the only championship most of you have ever know. This team still is trying to figure out how to draft a QB. It still can not compete with Green Bay, it's biggest rival, it misses the playoffs on a regular basis, in fact making the playoffs for this team is a milestone itself.

And people wonder why I come her and bash this fucking team on a routine basis, even when it sneaks out a win over a crappy opponent.....I do it because the Bears SUCK right at the TOP. And until the team moves, or the owners sell, it will be like this forever.....BEARS FOOTBALL people, get used to it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This is a mccaskey business not their toy. Most nfl teams are owned by people so rich they don't know what else to do with their money. They own the team for status and as their play toy. Mccaskeys on other hand this is what keeps them paid so they will squeeze every dollar they can out of this. That's why changes aren't made unless it comes to the point they can't raise ticket prices

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

I don't agree. I believe they care.

cd35

Liked Posts:

That's easy. Off the top of my head:

1990: beat the Saints, absolutely slaughtered by the Giants
1991- Embarrassed by the Cowboys
1994 beat on Minnie, slaughtered by SF
2001- embarrassed by the Eagles
2005- Embarassed by Steve Smith
2006-unbelievably bad coaching in the SB
2010-Lost to GB at home

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will start to care and spend my money on them when they care enough to field a product worth supporting.

Bandwagon fan shit if I've ever heard it.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
This is a mccaskey business not their toy. Most nfl teams are owned by people so rich they don't know what else to do with their money. They own the team for status and as their play toy. Mccaskeys on other hand this is what keeps them paid so they will squeeze every dollar they can out of this. That's why changes aren't made unless it comes to the point they can't raise ticket prices

So you are saying that the homes they live in, the cars they drive, the clothes their kids and grand kids wear, the vacations they take, the butlers they have to pay, the maid services fee's to clean their homes, the top notch colleges they attend, the places they go to eat that you and I can only walk by and look in the window, the $100 bottle of wine they get to open, are just the rewards for their hard work from "their business", the business that they made how many hundreds of millions.

Sorry I don't buy it. Maybe it is a toy for a few owners, but these owners know they have a cash cow due to the fan base, and a park they play in......take it to the bank, if these fuckers moved this team, and another one came here, the following would be just as strong. Yea it is business, it is a business of putting out there what ever it takes to keep the turn styles moving, if a championship just happens then that is icing on the cake, and another 30 some years of being able to jerk around the fan base while their "run their business".

Nothing against you, but I just don't buy it.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I want an owner that says "Mark Trestman has the IQ of a squirrel and should hop his ass in his 2011 Honda Accord and go back to Canada where he belongs."

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So you are saying that the homes they live in, the cars they drive, the clothes their kids and grand kids wear, the vacations they take, the butlers they have to pay, the maid services fee's to clean their homes, the top notch colleges they attend, the places they go to eat that you and I can only walk by and look in the window, the $100 bottle of wine they get to open, are just the rewards for their hard work from "their business", the business that they made how many hundreds of millions.

Sorry I don't buy it. Maybe it is a toy for a few owners, but these owners know they have a cash cow due to the fan base, and a park they play in......take it to the bank, if these fuckers moved this team, and another one came here, the following would be just as strong. Yea it is business, it is a business of putting out there what ever it takes to keep the turn styles moving, if a championship just happens then that is icing on the cake, and another 30 some years of being able to jerk around the fan base while their "run their business".

Nothing against you, but I just don't buy it.

I'm pretty sure they have used their profits wisely in many real estate ventures. But for the most part this is their cash cow. They don't own some corporate conglomerate like other owners.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Not caring isn't the problem.... it's incompetence.

nihilism

Liked Posts:
The reality is this about your Bears.....

First Michael took over and felt he understood football because he hung around the locker room peaking at the players when they were in the showers when he was a kid. His first moves were to let a premier LB (Marshall) that was drafted by this team walk away. Then he insulted Reggie White by not going after him in FA, then actually saying to a radio host, when asked what do you have to say to Reggie White now that the Packers have signed him, he says "I now welcome you to the NFC Central Reggie White", of course White thanked him by sacking his fucking QB's at an alarming rate for the next 10 years. Then the smart ass pissed off McMahon so badly he told Michael to fuck off and he went to the Packers to spite him. Then, when mommy said the team sucks because of you, go get a GM, he has to go out and hire a fucking consulting firm to find
Jerry Angelo. Then the mayor tells Michael to take his piece of shit team to Gary, there is no stadium deal to be made for that bunch of pricks. So mommy tells the public that
Michael is out and Teddy is in. So Teddy gives the mayor a blow job and the Bears get use of a fucking park to play football in. The only team in the NFL to not own their own stadium, and people say they are not cheap, this is reason 1 why they are.

Now for 10 years the fans suffer through bullshit football until mommy now says that her ticket hawking son will now lead the organization. So now a ticket hawker, who knows shit about football, hires his version of a GM.

And here we are today, almost 30 yrs removed from the only championship most of you have ever know. This team still is trying to figure out how to draft a QB. It still can not compete with Green Bay, it's biggest rival, it misses the playoffs on a regular basis, in fact making the playoffs for this team is a milestone itself.

And people wonder why I come her and bash this fucking team on a routine basis, even when it sneaks out a win over a crappy opponent.....I do it because the Bears SUCK right at the TOP. And until the team moves, or the owners sell, it will be like this forever.....BEARS FOOTBALL people, get used to it.

Nailed it! I agree with all of this... I would also add that it was Mike McCaskey who fired GM Jerry Vainisi in 1987 when the Bears finished 14-2 because they "clashed". Vainisi was a Halas hire and one of the architects (along with Jim Finks) of the '85 Bears. The whole McCaskey family is totally incompetent when it comes to the football side of the business. The past 30 years are indicative of that. I don't believe for a second that they have stepped aside and let other people manage the football size if things. They hire yes men with little or no personality and no ability to lead, who serve only at the pleasure of the McCaskeys... They have successfully run the franchise into the ground. Until they step completely aside, I agree, nothing will ever change....

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I know this -

Making the playoffs this year looks like it ain't happening. GB probably will make the playoffs. Again. If both of these are true, here are the stats:

Since 2000 (15 seasons) the BEARS will have made the playoffs 4 times. We'll have only made it once in the past 8 seasons. Conversely, GB will have made the playoffs 11 times in those 15 seasons. With Rodgers as their QB, they'll have only missed the playoffs one time (his first season - 2008). They'll have made it 6 years in a row, with 1 SB win.

This is bullshit. I don't give a fuck if it's the owner, GM, head coach, defensive coordinator, defense, offensive coordinator, offense, QB. It's bullshit.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Winning championships is great for business.... just ask the Blackhawks execs how their bottom line looks after winning 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years

That is because no one showed up when the Hawks were bad, people show up for the Bears even when they make the playoffs 5 times in 20 years.

The McCaskeys either through incompetence or lack of desire have never really cared about Championships, this teams performance over the last 20 years should be proof enough for that.