Who's following the Wrigley Renovations??

ChiTeez.com

Best shirts in Chicago
Liked Posts:
A very cool picture was posted online today from a Chicago Photographer, @ChiPhotoGuy on twitter.
Wrigley-Field-Nick-Ulivieri-111114_zps636e77b7.png

I have been following http://twitter.com/WrigleyRenovate and their blog http://WrigleyRenovations.com as they seem to have fresh and new updates daily. The Cubs are really doing a great job with what they have done thus far. Excited to see the ball park once they get everything up. Crazy to see the outfield bleachers gone right now, but again, new bleachers will be installed shortly it seems. Anyone else following the renovations?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Yes of course. I am very excited to see the outcome of the renovations next season. Almost as excited as I am about the team

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am following.

I like the photos of the previous construction and renovations as well as the current photos.

I liked the 1920's postcard posted last week showing grass where the Waveland rooftops and triangle lot are now.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been following pretty closely, I love Wrigley Field. Can't wait to see the results!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
With the latest attempt of the rooftop owners to put a halt on the construction at Wrigley, the courts have once again ruled in the Cubs favor today!

#GoCubs :cubs:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Those poor rooftop owners.

Should we take up a collection?

Glad to see this decision by the court - the last thing we need is a delay.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Judge denies rooftop owners' request to stop installation of Wrigley outfield signs

Posted: 02/19/2015, 10:22am | BY MITCH DUDEK AND KIM JANSSEN
ROOFTOPS-CST-021915-1.jpg
A view of the rooftops as seen from inside Wrigley Field. | Getty Images

In a win for the Cubs, a federal court judge on Thursday refused to grant a request by the owners of a pair of Wrigley Field rooftops to stop the team’s installation of outfield signs that would block their valuable view.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall ruled that the “vague possibility” rooftop owners could be injured by the Cubs installation of the signs isn’t enough to issue a restraining order against the team.

The judge said that rooftop owners had not provided bottom-line documentation showing that ballpark construction had resulted in a “complete lack of income that would cause their businesses to collapse.”

Construction at Wrigley, which was being carried out Thursday morning by hard-hatted laborers as the judge delivered her ruling, will continue, said Dennis Culloton, spokesman for the Ricketts family, which owns the Cubs.

“We’re obviously very pleased with the ruling and grateful that the judge is showing such concerns for opening day,” Culloton said.
Workers will continue to erect the infrastructure that will support the new signs, including the heavily contested video board the Cubs
want to erect near the right field foul pole that rooftop owners complain would obstruct their view, Culloton said.

“The exact date for when the signs are going to go up has a lot to do with how much they can get done in these weather conditions, but we
are moving aggressively to get everything done as soon as possible,” Culloton said.

Culloton didn’t know if the approximately 2,500-square-foot sign slated for right field had been delivered to the ball park yet.
During a four-hour hearing on Wednesday, lawyers for the two rooftop businesses, Skybox and the Lakeview Baseball Club, reiterated their arguments that the Cubs’ plans violate both a 2004 revenue-sharing agreement they signed with the rooftop owners, and federal anti-trust laws.

They argued to the judge that if she didn’t issue a temporary restraining order banning the Cubs from installing the signs until a fuller hearing of the issue next month, the rooftop businesses will not be able to sell tickets to corporate clients who plan events months in advance, and that they therefore will not survive.
“Without the views they have nothing to sell,” attorney Thomas Lombardo said.

But lawyers for the Cubs repeated their arguments that the Cubs have the right to install the signs, and that the rooftops could continue to argue their case in court while the signs are installed.

Cubs attorney Andrew Kassof denied the Cubs were attempting to create an illegal monopoly over rooftop pricing, telling the judge that the “the point is to renovate Wrigley Field to generate revenues to make a better product, get better players on the field and win a World Series.”

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
They got in front of the right judge.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I could definitely do without the stucco and casement windows on the exterior, but I'm not following the renovation much. The interior has been the best in baseball for a long time. I'm sure anyone who's been a Cub is looking forward to updated facilities. I'm sure it will be another battle in 20 yrs or so. It's very difficult for a pro sports team to get things done in Chicago. The Bears and Cubs have to swallow the bitter pill all the time.

I think the displays enhance the experience, but it's a little different than filling out your scorecard. They need revenue and have a small park. The Bears did a complete rebuild and basically screwed themselves - the ironic thing is the park district did too. Bears and Cubs have the largest followings for such small venues.

They had to do something at Wrigley, because it was becoming a liability. I've seen the plans and it looks good - they have a small footprint.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'm not entirely clear on the language in the contract. I'm guessing they have a way out with the rooftop guys in the legal language. Ricketts is not stupid.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Probably but Federal Judges don't like playing around much and this case favors the Cubs at least a little and at worst is a push. They also have deep pockets and could keep it in court a long time if they want to and the courts are full of matters judges deem more important than this. He could still grant the injunction of course but the RT owners would have to make some pretty convincing arguments for that to happen. I'm guessing they take Ricketts' offer long before 3/23 and crawl away.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Looks like the left and center field bleachers are on target for May 11th, and the left field video board will be ready for opening night. And the right field bleachers are slotted for mid June. On another cool note check this video out of the bleacher project. Can't wait to see the new Wrigley!

[video]http://m.mlb.com/video/v37201183/1060-project-phase-one-construction[/video]

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You give me grief for talking in the Sox forum but it's ok for you to come over here? Interesting.

Anyways, can't wait for these bleachers to be finished. Is there any project in Chicago that's actually completed on time?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You give me grief for talking in the Sox forum but it's ok for you to come over here? Interesting.
1. I've not given you grief for talking in the White Sox forum.
2. I'm not a White Sox fan.
3. Try harder.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
You know, this place could actually be pretty cool if we put aside some of the bitching. Undisputed is right, and whether you were a DewSox fan or not, this place is better w/o a Sox Mod ruling the Cubs board. I've said for a while now that times are changing, and I think I'm right.

We are coming into uncharted territory where both sides of town will be sporting pretty good teams this year. I think we could have some pretty good smack talk all the while respecting the other side of town, myself. I say we give it a try and see what happens. :dunno:

Now does this mean that the White Sox are gonna beat the Cubs this year...... of course not! :tongue:

#gocubs :cubs:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It gets old reading sniping between a couple individuals. And it happens here all the time now. Not always the same two people, but seemingly every thread has a dozen or so posts between just a couple or a few individuals going back and forth at each other with nothing to say worth reading.

"You started it"
"No you started it"

Really? Is that what people want to read?

For those of you who always seem to be in the middle of it, ask yourself: "Is posting this same argument over and over going to accomplish anything? Or just ruin it for everyone else?"

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It gets old reading sniping between a couple individuals. And it happens here all the time now. Not always the same two people, but seemingly every thread has a dozen or so posts between just a couple or a few individuals going back and forth at each other with nothing to say worth reading.

"You started it"
"No you started it"

Really? Is that what people want to read?

For those of you who always seem to be in the middle of it, ask yourself: "Is posting this same argument over and over going to accomplish anything? Or just ruin it for everyone else?"

Blame me! I have only been doing half the mod work of a half mod. I am ashamed! :-v