Who's following the Wrigley Renovations??

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Now children, pipe down while I scheme Tyler Flowers for Jake in trade scenarios.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This whole bathroom, no bleacher mess is a disgrace. You play on national television Sunday night and this story is what will be remembered. Cubs should not be playing in Wrigley plain and simple!! A disgrace

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I would have done a few months at the Cell personally. Get the amenities straightened out and come back. The bleachers would be the last concern. Take April and May at the Cell, come back in June.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I just think it's ridiculous for people to keep complaining about this. I wonder who the idiots were that were complaining? The one guy in this thread who was actually there, Zack, said he had no problems where he was. The whole situation has been pretty hush. The Cubs are not making any excuses, either.

They're taking their lumps and fixing the problem, yet idiots keep complaining. Go figure. From my experience with construction, nothing ever goes 100% right no matter how much you plan.

According to the limited info out there, I find stuff like this:
The Cubs were down 72 fixtures Sunday night due to a clog in one of the bathrooms. The reason for the valve breakdown has not been revealed. To address that, the Cubs had 72 portable toilets brought into the ballpark Tuesday morning and they were installed by noon, just before the game was postponed.

Then I read stuff like this:
The Cubs did petition Major League Baseball to open on the road this season and finish on the road last season to expand their window for construction at Wrigley.
Obviously, it was not satisfied.
Ten of the first 14 days of the season will have the Cubs at home.

The Cubs also considered playing their home games at Miller park, but they decided against it. Can you imagine the bitching from fans if that would have happened?

The bottom line was that some unforseen stuff happened to magnify the lack of bathrooms normally in the LF bleachers, and a bunch of drunk idiots had to hold their pee for a little bit.

The Cubs immediately fixed the problem and had everything ready by noon on Tuesday. IMO, most of the fans that were there on opening day were the yuppies that scored opening day tickets, you know, the fairweather fans that aren't there all year anyhow.

Like I said, shit happens, and then the idiots complain. The masses are asses!