Friday News

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://chicagosuntimes.com/sports/bears-joe-decamillis-promises-to-churn-it-up-on-special-teams/

Bears’ Joe DeCamillis promises to ‘churn it up’ on special teams

joed.jpg

"Does the douche make the visor, or does the visor make the douche?"
One of life's imponderables.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's 2 things about this offense that I dont understand.

1) Why don they do roll outs or move the pocket more often, it seems after every game we say this. and 2) why the hell do we run maybe one slant route every other game. After the slant picked by the packers it's almost like they are afraid of that play now

There was a stretch where they were doing it kind of a lot last year and imo, Cutler does some kind of dumb shit on designed roll outs, throwing back across his body.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I like how people seem to think rolling Cutler out will suddenly make him a different QB. lol

Do you want to roll him out every down? Since according to some it seems the only time he's worth a damn is when he's on the move.

Fuck it, let's just go with a college offensive... one read and go, Jay,

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's one way to interpret it. another way is to say letting him do bootlegs might improve play incrementally but not saying it equals superbowl, but don't let me get in the way of the sword-crossing

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
imo, Cutler had problems with bootlegs both under Lovie and Trestman. Which is weird cause he seemed to have success with it under whats his fuck in denver.

But some of Cutler's dumest ass throws pic'd by lineman and shit came off of bootlegs.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
throwing across your body to da middle... I don't think any of those cutler did under turner or martz were designed, and they may not be under trestman either. tice just told cutler to do whatever the fuck he wanted. with trestman, though, I can't get over the nagging notion that we're seeing John Shoop 2.0 these days. Or, fuck, bubble screen to Hester or same under Turner.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bah. Trestman is way better the shoop. Imo, the problem with the passing game right now is pretty simple. imo, 2 main things have been going wrong. OL has not been that good. And Cutler all the sudden can't hit intermediate to deep balls for shit. He has been missing throws in those areas like crazy.

Teams have been flooding underneath zones and Cutler has not been able to make them pay. I think he has been making ok decisions but keeps missing the fucking throws. Its been frustrating to watch.

It started to happen a little in the Vikes game, but overall, the bears have not made teams respect the big or even medium play at all and its killing the bread and butter underneath routes. Shit, some people have been crying for more slants, but you can't throw slants when the whole secondary is sitting underneath the shit, staring at the QB.

Again, some of it is the OL, but fuck, there was a 4-5 week span where Cutler couldn't hit shit over 15 yards. I was starting to wonder if he was hurt or some shit. His throws don't seem to have the zip and his accuracy has been shitty imo.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Bah. Trestman is way better the shoop. Imo, the problem with the passing game right now is pretty simple. imo, 2 main things have been going wrong. OL has not been that good. And Cutler all the sudden can't hit intermediate to deep balls for shit. He has been missing throws in those areas like crazy.

Teams have been flooding underneath zones and Cutler has not been able to make them pay. I think he has been making ok decisions but keeps missing the fucking throws. Its been frustrating to watch.

It started to happen a little in the Vikes game, but overall, the bears have not made teams respect the big or even medium play at all and its killing the bread and butter underneath routes. Shit, some people have been crying for more slants, but you can't throw slants when the whole secondary is sitting underneath the shit, staring at the QB.

Again, some of it is the OL, but fuck, there was a 4-5 week span where Cutler couldn't hit shit over 15 yards. I was starting to wonder if he was hurt or some shit. His throws don't seem to have the zip and his accuracy has been shitty imo.

I was thinking this as well... and they have been down points so fast they get themselves taken out of the run game early... makes it nice for the opposing D when they can sit back in 7 man zones and wait for what they know is coming...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like how people seem to think rolling Cutler out will suddenly make him a different QB. lol

Do you want to roll him out every down? Since according to some it seems the only time he's worth a damn is when he's on the move.

tense.gif

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The games we won Cutler was killing the teams with long bombs and middle throws so I kind of agree. Problem with that is that teams are easily able to get to Cutler because of the Patchwork OL and you need time to set up long throws. Teams will be glad to let Cutler checkdown to Forte since Forte isn't going to make anyone miss right away

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Do you post anything productive or is it all anti Jay? Wait looking at your history it's all anti Jay

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There's 2 things about this offense that I dont understand.

1) Why don they do roll outs or move the pocket more often, it seems after every game we say this. and 2) why the hell do we run maybe one slant route every other game. After the slant picked by the packers it's almost like they are afraid of that play now
It could just be part of Trestmans one step at a time type of progressing the O. Not saying that's the case but these guys are meticulous to a fault.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They're managing to cloak the big guys. They're dinged just enough to to not clear zones and for some reason we're not running slants to those big bodies. The Oline tends to need help so teams don't need to send guys for pressure and we don't have as many targets against a lot of defenders. Jay no longer trusted Holmes so that no longer became the answer. Markees should help a lot. Not because he's great but because he's got good game speed and looks like he can be trusted. Played really well last week even if his production didn't show it. He may not be Airese Curry but he should be an asset.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Do you post anything productive or is it all anti Jay? Wait looking at your history it's all anti Jay

There are two major players holding this team back, Cutler and Tucker, and while this board has a few lingering pro-Cutler fools, there actually isn't anyone stupid enough to continue making excuses for Tucker... if there was you'd see just as many anti-tucker posts from me.

But now, it's Cutler hasn't been put on the move enough, next it'll be some other BS. Enough with the excuses and the catering to a mediocre, at best, QB. I mean seriously, how fucking dare Trestman ask his QB to play from the pocket. Fuck that guy.

And really, did you just ask for productivity on a fucking sports board? lol

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are two major players holding this team back, Cutler and Tucker, and while this board has a few lingering pro-Cutler fools, there actually isn't anyone stupid enough to continue making excuses for Tucker... if there was you'd see just as many anti-tucker posts from me.

But now, it's Cutler hasn't been put on the move enough, next it'll be some other BS. Enough with the excuses and the catering to a mediocre, at best, QB. I mean seriously, how fucking dare Trestman ask his QB to play from the pocket. Fuck that guy.

And really, did you just ask for productivity on a fucking sports board? lol

No one is saying that Cutler needs to be on the move all the time. You are saying that because you have a stick up your ass about Cutler. People are saying move him at times to keep him clean, the defense honest and to help the patchwork OL. The fact you limited the amount of problems to two people when there is a multitude of problems on this team confirms to me that you are a moron who has a limited ability to see and understand what is going on with this team, that or you really want it to be just two guys to be the problems with the team. I'm hoping it's the latter but have a feeling it's the former

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is saying that Cutler needs to be on the move all the time. You are saying that because you have a stick up your ass about Cutler. People are saying move him at times to keep him clean, the defense honest and to help the patchwork OL. The fact you limited the amount of problems to two people when there is a multitude of problems on this team confirms to me that you are a moron who has a limited ability to see and understand what is going on with this team, that or you really want it to be just two guys to be the problems with the team. I'm hoping it's the latter but have a feeling it's the former

Im starting to think that --- is McCown in disguise

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're managing to cloak the big guys. They're dinged just enough to to not clear zones and for some reason we're not running slants to those big bodies. The Oline tends to need help so teams don't need to send guys for pressure and we don't have as many targets against a lot of defenders. Jay no longer trusted Holmes so that no longer became the answer. Markees should help a lot. Not because he's great but because he's got good game speed and looks like he can be trusted. Played really well last week even if his production didn't show it. He may not be Airese Curry but he should be an asset.

Yeah, this too. WRs are gimped on top of everything else.