Screw Phil Emery.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get your Emery hate. Emery went all in on Cutler and if he is fired the next GM will not make the same mistake. Aren't you a Cutler fan?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
That guy. Fuck I hope he's fired at end of season. Trestman? What a fucking joke.

He needs to be fired end of year. Period.

Trestman and the contract he gave to Cutler.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I don't get your Emery hate. Emery went all in on Cutler and if he is fired the next GM will not make the same mistake. Aren't you a Cutler fan?

Gave a below average QB huge money
Hired one of the worst coaching staffs in the league
One of the worst at scouting talent in the draft in the NFL in his first three years
Signed Allen and Houston

What is not to like?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't Phil Emery's fault we are stuck with Cutler. The decision to sign and keep Gay was with the family.

Emery gets one more coach before we should can his ass.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Gave a below average QB huge money
Hired one of the worst coaching staffs in the league
One of the worst at scouting talent in the draft in the NFL in his first three years
Signed Allen and Houston

What is not to like?
lUwmAg4.jpg

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Isn't Phil Emery's fault we are stuck with Cutler. The decision to sign and keep Gay was with the family.

100% Phil's fault. Period. He is the GM.

Or, would you prefer a GM that's so weak he can't select his QB?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am realistic.

Trestman and Tucker will be enough.

This team looks worse and worse every week. Instead of stopping the bleeding, Trestman has shot the corpse a few more times.

and then he left the poor boy lay in the street for 4 hours...oops..N/M...wrong forum

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I am realistic.

Trestman and Tucker will be enough.

This team looks worse and worse every week. Instead of stopping the bleeding, Trestman has shot the corpse a few more times.

Yeah, just keep blaming the guy that was set up for failure from the beginning, that makes sense. Seriously, Windy, if you think this team would look any better with any other HC having to deal with both Tucker at DC and Cutler at QB you are fooling yourself.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, just keep blaming the guy that was set up for failure from the beginning, that makes sense.

Trestman sucks.

Cutler might not be a good QB and might be bad for his system, but Trestman still sucks. His team does not play hard, his in game management is terrible and his game plans are an abomination.

AussieBear

On a side notE
Give long an early extension. U know that emery pick.
I kind of wish they would move him to tackle.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Racer,

I believe Emery was hired because he agreed to roll with Cutler. I can't find or link to the articles now, but the McCaskeys have compared Jay to George Halas multiple times. They adore him.

I think the same forces were in play with Cutler and Trestman. Emery could/would only hire a coach that was willing to work with or keep him. Call it a conspiracy that's fine. I truly believe it.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Trestman sucks.

Cutler might not be a good QB and might be bad for his system, but Trestman still sucks. His team does not play hard, his in game management is terrible and his game plans are an abomination.

How can you draw those conclusions given the circumstances? Thats the point. And the game management complaints are ridiculous, to bitch about the HC putting his team in a position to score at the end of halves while leaving no time for the other team makes no fucking sense.

Personally, I think you just don't want to admit Emery fucked him over.

But we've been back and forth on this... so, obviously we are just going to have to agree to disagree. And in the end I don't think Trestman is going anywhere. Emery has to know he fucked up, and I think it's more likely Jay gets traded than Trestman gets fired. Anyone with eyes and a little football knowledge can see this O lights it up when the QB is playing worth a damn.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So now it is about the Gays...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Racer,

I believe Emery was hired because he agreed to roll with Cutler. I can't find or link to the articles now, but the McCaskeys have compared Jay to George Halas multiple times. They adore him.

I think the same forces were in play with Cutler and Trestman. Emery could/would only hire a coach that was willing to work with or keep him. Call it a conspiracy that's fine. I truly believe it.

Yore right bout everything but Jay. bruce Arians was very open about really looking forward and wanting to cosch Jay.

Those two would've been a fantastic match. Read the Peter King article in SI about Bruce Arians. Arians was all about jays style of fuck it I want you to throw it deep

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But what do you think of him not hiring Arians? Hell, he should have been fired immediately after releasing super star Eric Weems! He would have scored like 32 TDs by now and transitioned to become the best safety of all time!

Damn, he beat me to the Arians whining.