So who's our next coach?

AussieBear

Yah, one of the league's best offensive lines, a very deep and talented WR core, Vernon Davis-- matchup nightmare, and a deep backfield. That kap sure is working with little back there

<yawns> i'll give him kap, but other than that, nobody. please know what you are talking about ppl. Their WRs are "mediocre" btw

I'll help you out with the obvious offensive draft picks PRE CAPTAIN COMEBACK - yeah i be cray cray.. butt jyawll be _________! Thanks for playing

Current Starters (Drafted Pre-Jim):

Frank Gore
Vernon Davis
Joe Staley
M. Crabtree
Anthony Davis
Mike Iupati
Alex Boone

The only ppl starting on the offense that werent there pre jim are:

QB Kap
FB Bruce Miller
C Marcus Martin (Rookie)
WR A. Bouldin (FA)

Liked Posts:
jzzlnn.jpg

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I didn't even think of Shanahan. My first choice would be Harbaugh but if not him Shanahan has to be the next logical choice. I'll also add Jack Del Rio to the list. We need to hire someone who is a known commodity after this out of the box debacle with Trestman.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
No way Hundly last to the second round. He's way too intriguing for every team to pass on him. I agree that he is probably a late first early second type talent, but we all know how stupid NFL teams are when it comes to QB searches.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
The one thing that could tip the decision to bring Harbaugh here is Michael McStupid went out of his way to force the Harbaugh pick. So there may be done lingering love left for him by the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh said the Bears is his dream job a couple of years ago. He is a guy that likes to take on tough challenges, and lord knows we are that.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Alright, the more I think about it, the more I'm sold. Harbaugh all the way. No way San Fran will keep him for another year - he gone. After Lovie and Trestman we need someone who won't go status quo and is willing to shake shit up. I believe that's him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Harbaughs record is pretty amazing.

Outside of Harbaugh the Bears need to look from someone who can bring some accountability to the locker room.

Lots of ways of doing that. Screaming or yelling, relationships, or clandong presence.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I didn't even think of Shanahan. My first choice would be Harbaugh but if not him Shanahan has to be the next logical choice. I'll also add Jack Del Rio to the list. We need to hire someone who is a known commodity after this out of the box debacle with Trestman.

Exactly. Enough of the up and coming coordinator: aka cheaper guy.

Bring someone in with experience. Id LOVE Harbaugh. Id be cool with M Shannahan not just because Jay, but because he's not a bad coach. Washington sucks in general.

I also like Del Rio. Solid coach. Just enough with the coordinator thing.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Enough of the up and coming coordinator: aka cheaper guy.

Bring someone in with experience. Id LOVE Harbaugh. Id be cool with M Shannahan not just because Jay, but because he's not a bad coach. Washington sucks in general.

I also like Del Rio. Solid coach. Just enough with the coordinator thing.

Tough to get an experienced HC that is any good. Those guys are usually employed.

I have no problem with hot coordinators. The Bears could have hired Arians or McCoy and been better off.

The Bears just blew the choice, it was not that there were not good candidates.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Tough to get an experienced HC that is any good. Those guys are usually employed.

I have no problem with hot coordinators. The Bears could have hired Arians or McCoy and been better off.

The Bears just blew the choice, it was not that there were not good candidates.

You mean Phil Emery blew the choice. Simple as that. He messed up big time. He doesn't deserve another shot. The fact that it's come out that he wanted to hire a head coach then strong arm him to hire/retain guys Phil likes is pretty messed up. I can see recommending a coach, but to tell him he's gotta keep Phil guys is wrong.

And along came Trestman who was so desperate for a head coaching gig in the NFL he was more than happy to oblige with any guy Phil wanted.

And let's not get started on Ted Phillips.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I've never seen it either, but I've heard journalists I respect talk about it, but it could be a bad rumor.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
you are a special kind of stupid.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh wants control of all player personnel decisions. Basically he wants to be a GM/Coach. If Emery is still here, that aint happening.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i'm probably a minority but i like the idea of rob ryan. i think he has all the qualities you want in an NFL head coach. the bears need an identity, more then anything, and ryan would give them that.

i'm on board with bowles or harbaugh as well.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
If Trestman is gone at season's end:

Jim Harbaugh (if San Francisco no longer wants him there)

Pat Shurmur (current Eagles offensive coordinator, 16 years coaching in the NFL)

Sean McDermott (current Panthers defensive coordinator, 17 years coaching in the NFL)

Ray Sherman (current Rams receivers coach, 23 years coaching in the NFL)

Vic Fangio (current 49ers defensive coordinator, 28 years coaching in the NFL)

Dan Quinn (current Seahawks defensive coordinator, 11 years coaching in the NFL)

Jay Hayes (current Bengals defensive line coach, 16 years coaching in the NFL)

Todd Haley (current Steelers offensive coordinator, 18 years coaching in the NFL)

Clyde Christensen (current Colts quarterbacks coach, 19 years coaching in the NFL)

Don Johnson (current Chargers defensive line coach, 10 years coaching in the NFL)

Ron Milus (current Chargers defensive backs coach, 15 years coaching in the NFL)

If Phil Emery is let go with Trestman:

Dave Toub (current Chiefs special teams coordinator, 14 years coaching in the NFL).