legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...r-quin-bears-tried-to-pad-stats-against-lions

"I was a little frustrated when we came back out there because I knew Jay Cutler had like 190 passing yards," Quin said after Detroit's 34-17 victory at Ford Field, according to the Detroit Free Press. "They only had like 206 (yards on offense).

"I was like, 'Man, we're going to go back out here and they're going to dink and dunk and get 50, 60 yards and make it look like he had a good day.' And then he was trying to score at the end.

... lazy ass Lions

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I certainly agree it was meaningless stat padding for trestmans end of year case to keep his job.... but quinn should have lobbied his coach to play aggressive if it mattered to him.

personally, I very much hope Emery takes a good look at what this team has accomplished while games mattered and toss out the garbage time scrimmage when deciding what to do with this team.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just the simple truth. This bears team is bad, office to players. Just a bad bad team.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This argument really irritated me yesterday. What the fuck do you expect them to do at the end of a losing game? Not try to score?

This happens (and has happened) in losing efforts whether McCown or cutler is under center and whether trestman or smith is head coach

Last edited:

cbfan

Liked Posts:
It's just the simple truth. This bears team is bad, office to players. Just a bad bad team.

It's hard to blame the players. Even Cutler. Besides a few assistant coaches, this has to be one of the worst overall group of coaches put together.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This argument really irritated me yesterday. What the fuck do you expect them to do at the end of a losing game? Not try to score?

This happens (and has happened) in losing efforts whether McCown or cutler is under center and whether trestman or smith is head coach

They are supposed to pack up and get on the plane with 6 min left in the 4th.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

Take the starters out and give it to Carey. That is what they did down by three scores with two minutes left against the Packers. Nobody of importance gets injured.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A 2-possession game even with that little time left doesn't seem like garbage time to me even if the odds are long

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
what does he have to say about the Lions going for it on 4th and 7 down with a little over 2 min left? seems like they were trying to pad their scoring stats after going 25 possessions without a TD

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Take the starters out and give it to Carey. That is what they did down by three scores with two minutes left against the Packers. Nobody of importance gets injured.

Carey was in, dipshit

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I certainly agree it was meaningless stat padding for trestmans end of year case to keep his job.... but quinn should have lobbied his coach to play aggressive if it mattered to him.

personally, I very much hope Emery takes a good look at what this team has accomplished while games mattered and toss out the garbage time scrimmage when deciding what to do with this team.

But its not meaningless to the Cutty boys...it allows them to believe he played a excellent game

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
what does he have to say about the Lions going for it on 4th and 7 down with a little over 2 min left? seems like they were trying to pad their scoring stats after going 25 possessions without a TD

That was a pity play for chicago- they kept the clock going and did not expose the special teams to a return... they had a chip-shot FG to pad the numbers if they wanted that.
I would bet if they made the first, they would have kneeled the game over.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Was it weird to anyone that marshall seemed to stay in bounds on that last drive when he easily could have made the sideline?

Oh yeah i was shaking my head on that one to. He's just not interested in what's going on when we're getting embarrassed like that.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Special person argument , anyway James Ihedigbo would have looked better in a Bears uniform, need to cut ties with Conte he can not stay healthy.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
But its not meaningless to the Cutty boys...it allows them to believe he played a excellent game

Could you post a link to someone saying he played an excellent game?

Then I can laugh