[A] Mike Haviland Fired

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Here's the thing the president should be in charge of everything not hockey ops, The GM in charge of everything hockey ops. Equal positions that handle different sides of the same coin.

That's not how this organization is broken out. McDipshit is in charge of everything. He has many different people underneath him that are responsible for portions of the business. The GM does not have full and autonomous control over the scouting, player development, coaching staff, hockey operations, and legal or contract aspects of the team. Some groups are like that but this one is not. Same thing on the non-hockey side, there are department heads if you will over each section and they report to the VP and McDipshit. There are almost too many people in the business of running the business now but that is what Rocky and McDipshit want. Even though McDipshit wants to be very involved in certain things, like when he told the GM (Tallon) to go get a big name goalie, or when he told everyone that Savvy needed to be replaced by a proven Pro coach. Leading from the top and micromanaging are too very different things. This guy doesn't know when to let someone below him make a decision and live or die by it. Now, maybe he will prove me wrong in a few years when Scooter can't get this team past the first round...but who knows.

I think he built a huge organization by getting rid of one person and replacing them with another plus two assistants (but he did it in just about every fucking part of the organization). Look at a Hawks org chart from 8 years ago then look at this http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=47745 are we that much better off? Really? Is the franchise out of the red and winning or coming close to winning every year? How long do you measure that before you look at JM and determine if he was successful?

supraman

Liked Posts:
Jesus christ that's a lot of the front office.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Especially when you have a non-hockey guy Pres that likes to micromanage.

shit just cut the front office in half and presto changeo we would be in the black

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I've just read every word from the last several pages of this thread. I now have a tremendous headache.

Thanks a lot guys.
killme.gif

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I've just read every word from the last several pages of this thread. I now have a tremendous headache. Thanks a lot guys.
killme.gif

That's my job. To con-fooz a ninja!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Isn't this the same paper that let a whole bunch of stuff out of the bag during the Dale saga? Maybe that was the boston globe or something?

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston Globe let everyone know that it was really Stan who was supposed to file the QOs and that there was a plan to hold them back.

R K

Actually the reporter in Boston is a well known NHL Bruins writer. Or respected. So he was very knowledgeable. Josh was as politically correct as he could be. Never suggesting he "believed" what was written, but it was his job to report it.

Due to that we have Boden, who I might add had no clue until the day he took over. I was the one to let several key guys know it had happened. Ironically the same day Boden first started. They were shocked as well.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
psst... that's a link to a Canadian paper, guys...

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NHLN reporting Renney isn't coming back as Coach in EDM.......

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Renney is a candidate for assisant coach to replace Haviland.

btw: Who had #1 PP in league last season?