[A] Trade Block: Hjalmarsson

Ton

Liked Posts:
Back in March, we stated that the Blackhawks would love to move Hjalmarsson's contract in order to make room for Ryan Suter and it seems as if those rumors have just gained steam since then with numerous sources picking up the tidbit including NHL Network.

Yesterday Jesse Rogers reported that the Blackhawks were getting closer to making a deal. Of course, after that the Blackhawks traded their 4th round pick for additional picks, but this morning he clarified that there was more to it than just a pick swap. Bowman thinks that there will be a waterfall of trades leading up to July first and Rogers also seems to think Hjalmarsson will be the guy they move.

The smoke was spotted a month ago, now we're starting to see the fire.

Click here to view the article

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I said it before. If I were in the head office of the Oilers I would be calling Stan and asking what the price is. There is no team he is better suited for right now and the Oilers need some shot blocking blue liners something bad. I know this will bring up the name Gagner again. Well...the Oilers are running low on room now upfront with Nail instantly making the team.

P.S Not sure if Gagner frees up cap space for Suter. I'm really not buying into the Suter rumours anyways. I would like to think Stan and the rest of his accounting friends could make that work but I of little faith walk around Stan with much pessimism.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
People seem to be down on Gagner but I always thought he might be a good fit on the Hawks, especially considering his history with Kane. But I guess he is too small for some people.

R K

Sam and Pat are pretty close friends. It would be a very good connection.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I expected the Hawks to go after Gagner last season at the trade deadline. Seemed liked after that game he scored a gagillion points on us the price was untenable.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind seeing Gagner come to the Hawks for Hammer. Being only 23 he still has a ton of untapped offensive potential. Don't know much about his defensive game, but I don't think it's much of an issue.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People seem to be down on Gagner but I always thought he might be a good fit on the Hawks, especially considering his history with Kane. But I guess he is too small for some people.

I'm not down on Gagner! Hell, I proposed in LAST summer's wish list thread that the Hawks go after him because someone needed to fucking get to poaching EDM's centre surplus. I still maintain this.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Jesse Rogers is really pushing this Hjalmarsson scoop in the rumor mill.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Jesse is an idiot. The Hawks don't need any OFFENSIVE DEFENSMEN!!!! For fucksake, Garrison is not a defensive defenseman that the Hawks are lacking. We already have Leddy, Keith, Oduya on the back end for "offense". If he's going to talk about any dman, hopefully its either Gudbranson (he's not) or Ellerby (don't think Tallon would give him up so early).

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Garrison would be ok (just dont break the bank)...He's physical/blocks shots...and does what the Hawks D doesnt - Hits the net

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'd take Gagner too...I just can't see EDM moving him and having Horcoff as their number 2 guy, especially with RNH only in his 2nd year, and was hurt at times last year.

I think if EDM is going to move players, it's going to be guys like Smid, Omark.....Khabibulin ...lol

R K

Depends. Gagner has been in and out of the dog house there. I can see them moving him but it would cost a lot. Doubt Hjarlmarsson would do it just alone.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesse Rogers is really pushing this Hjalmarsson scoop in the rumor mill.

From the Rogers' article...

But if Hjalmarsson is a wanted man, what does that make Suter? Plenty of teams will show interest, and the Hawks have to hope Chicago’s proximity to his home in Madison, Wisc. is the difference.

So the trip Kane made to Madison was for recruiting purposes? Talk about taking one for the team.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
we all know how this is going to go down.

Trade Hammer for minimal return, say it's a salary dump to get Suter

Suter signs with Detroit

Stan says he tried, and sits on his hands for the rest of the year

first round exit.

supraman

Liked Posts:
we all know how this is going to go down.

Trade Hammer for minimal return, say it's a salary dump to get Suter

Suter signs with Detroit

Stan says he tried, and sits on his hands for the rest of the year

first round exit.

Nah you missed the part where we sign someone's castoffs and act like they will be the difference maker

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
Or just see if David Koci is still available lol

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah you missed the part where we sign someone's castoffs and act like they will be the difference maker

but all accounts say Luongo doesn't want to come to the Hawks.....

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure we'll get some "character guys" after failing to get a center or d-man.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well...DET, PITT lose in the first round...and they're "model franchises"