[A] 2012 Free Agent Frenzy

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The cigarettes burns are for pennies...cigars for quarters

Pull a nipple and change pops out.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Have you been to some frat parties lately douchebag? Your zingers are as well played as your mom on a twister board.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
My mother has no arms or legs.

She's used as the spinner for twister

xatruio

Liked Posts:
uhhhh...... cuz maybe if we dont keep pierre away from kane they'll double team both your moms ...SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<
Pens fans taking thinking ahead of UFAs to a whole 'nother level. Only 6 years. . .that's the spirit!

a1lkdj.jpg

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I just wanted to share this with everyone...funny as hell................

.For those of you who haven't heard the interview....Question: Could you deal with 'Chelsea Dagger' in Chicago? Roberto: 'I like that song. It's catchy. I heard it seven times in one game.' That made me howl LOL

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just wanted to share this with everyone...funny as hell................

.For those of you who haven't heard the interview....Question: Could you deal with 'Chelsea Dagger' in Chicago? Roberto: 'I like that song. It's catchy. I heard it seven times in one game.' That made me howl LOL

that's pretty good.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<
Pens fans taking thinking ahead of UFAs to a whole 'nother level. Only 6 years. . .that's the spirit!

a1lkdj.jpg
I don't get it, why are they so focused on Saad? I mean, I know they are joking, but why pick Saad out of the blue?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Florida closing in on Luongo?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]11:29[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Roberto Luongo | Canucks

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

UPDATE: There's a potential hurdle in play. Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province relays speculation the Vancouver Canucks would insist goaltender Jose Theodore be part of the Florida Panthers' package for Roberto Luongo.[/background]
[background=transparent]

The problem is Theodore has a limited no-trade clause that includes a list of only 10 teams he can be dealt to without issue. According to ESPN, the Canucks are not on that list. But that doesn't mean the veteran goalie would stand in the way of a deal either:[/background]
[background=transparent]

"... The Panthers could try and force his hand, by telling him if he refuses to waive it, he'd be No. 3 on their depth chart behind Luongo and Scott Clemmensen ..." (Botchford)[/background]

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

UPDATE: Throwing more fuel on the fire ...[/background]
[background=transparent]

Mike Berardino of the Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Florida Panthers appear poised for a reunion with goaltender Roberto Luongo. Even though Panthers GM Dale Tallon wouldn't offer much detail in regards to a potential deal with the Vancouver Canucks.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"I'm open to any suggestions, anything that makes us better," Tallon said. "Obviously, Vancouver is in the driver's seat. I'm willing to listen to anything they have to offer."[/background]
[background=transparent]

George Richards of the Miami Herald earlier suggested the "word on the street" was theFlorida Panthers were "internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo".[/background]

[background=transparent]
- Victoria Matiash[/background]​

[background=transparent]
***[/background]​
[background=transparent]

With Cory Schneider now locked into a new deal with the Vancouver Canucks, it only seems logical that a Roberto Luongo move is that much more inevitable. And while Florida isn't the only contender for his services and a deal doesn't necessarily have to happen right away, more and more signs could be pointing the Panthers' way.[/background]
[background=transparent]

To that end, George Richards of the Miami Herald notes there are rumblings that Florida is preparing internally for Luongo's return. If that's truly the case, it could mean Jose Theodore becomes the backup for one year (he's signed through next season) while top prospect Jacob Markstrom spends another year in the minors. Or it could mean one of those two players gets dealt, though the Panthers would want quite a bit in exchange for Markstrom, who is widely considered the top goalie prospect in hockey.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

xatruio

Liked Posts:
personally, i think we should target Zajac next year, especially if we still dont land Ganger or Mueller to desperately try filling the 2C void

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why we didn't get Sullivan for a year on that 1.8 mil. I mean one year contracts is all Bowman does, Isn't Sully a center too? I mean the guy can still player, and is better then some of the guys we have.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why we didn't get Sullivan for a year on that 1.8 mil. I mean one year contracts is all Bowman does, Isn't Sully a center too? I mean the guy can still player, and is better then some of the guys we have.

Hes an asshole was when he played with the Hawks and always will be. Not welcome back. He's done anyways just another Brunnette.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent][background=transparent][background=transparent][background=transparent][background=transparent]To that end, George Richards of the Miami Herald notes there are rumblings that Florida is preparing internally for Luongo's return. If that's truly the case, it could mean Jose Theodore becomes the backup for one year (he's signed through next season) while top prospect Jacob Markstrom spends another year in the minors. Or it could mean one of those two players gets dealt, though the Panthers would want quite a bit in exchange for Markstrom, who is widely considered the top goalie prospect in hockey.[/background][/background][/background]
[/background][/background][/font]

What sort of return can a prospect goalie get you? Not much in my opinion. Prospect goalies come around every year..they aren't hard to find and easy to put that "top goalie prospect in hockey" label on them. Been put on a whole shit load of goalies through the years that never panned out.

Florida could or couldn't deal him though. No point in having him in the system with Lou around unless they do the same thing with him as the Canucks did with Schnieder in a couple years. Not out of the question. This is all such a huge gamble for Dale and could be messy. I really don't know why the desire for him is so high when it's going to cause so many little messes and turns off course. Just such a huge gamble that I wouldn't have thought any GM would take esp Dale right now..he has a decent thing going in Florida if he would just stay the course.

Lou will be in Florida..just all seems to be going in that direction.

R K

Hes an asshole was when he played with the Hawks and always will be. Not welcome back. He's done anyways just another Brunnette.

Yup. Fuck Sullivan.

I'm torn on Lou.... He's a product of the environment he plays in IMO. Long contract though, but he's better than Crawford or Emery no question.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't get it, why are they so focused on Saad? I mean, I know they are joking, but why pick Saad out of the blue?

Ummm. . .gonna go out on a limb here and say civic pride? You know, same reason the Hawks had Saad on the stage announcing their 1st Rd. Pick a couple of weeks ago in Pittsburgh. . .because. . .wait for it. . .Saad is from Pittsburgh. And like many in Hawks nation there's strong suspicion he may turn out to be a STUD besides being perhaps the "STEAL!" of the 2011 Draft.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I guess I didn't realize he was from the Pitts.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the big rumor now has Kane + Hammer going to the Habs for Subban and Plekanec and maybe a pick/prospect. Considering the source I read it on though I don't give it much traction.