[A] Blackhawks Among Top Candidates For Zach Parise

R K

I brought DET in the mix...because you continue to blame Q for everything...Keith plays like crap - Q's fault. Craw gives up weak goals...Q.

Where you can name any team other than the 1 that wins the Cup and I can tear apart/blame the coach for every single short coming. Bylsma? Got schooled in the first round this year. Lost to a shitty MTL team...and has the 2 best offensive players/MVPs in the league...and a cup winning goaltender..

Fleury was fucking aweful. Oh was he bad.

R K

he did pull him twice didn't he? I'm reaching to remember but I'm sure he was pulled. He was terrible.

I'm not a huge Q fan because he doesn't seem to me to know proper slot allocation. Why Sharp, who won a cup playing Center is not at Center is baffling. Why Kane, one of the best RW's n the game was at LW and Center confuses me. Why Seabrook and Keith were constantly split up confuses me. Why Hossa is never asked to play the LW slot once in awhile baffles me. Why Brouwer was never kept in his role, yet benched constantly baffles me.

Q got pissed off because Smith was thrown in the mix, rightfully so, but still why the special teams were that bad with the talent we have baffles me. Why two Dmen were not at the Point on the PP baffles me. Why Sharp is at the Point on the PP baffles me.

This is Q's time to prove himself no doubt about it. It's his show. He won the power struggle let's see what fire it lights.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yeah...but all teams shuffle players throughout the game. Zetteberg/Franzen over the course of a game get shuffled from Wing to Center. Malkin/Crosby/Staal all play W/C during games. Guys get juggled on every team.

I don't know why Sharp doesn't play center. Maybe he doesn't like it? Maybe because Sharp's the only scoring LW they have?

I like Brouwer from when he came up...and wished they wouldve kept him over Frolik. But...I don't think they couldve gotten a 1st round pick for Frolik either...and I do believe part of the plan is to build through the draft.

I agree there has been a "power struggle" and this is a telling year for Q. I just get tired of reading any failures of the players, and it's all Q's fault. Like he tells Craw to let in a shit goal...or it goes in because of Q's system, when other "good" coaches juggle lines just as much.

R K

Like I said I'm not in the it's all Q's fault but I do hold him accountable for many of the reasons I point out above. I see your examples but don't care about other teams, only this one. If Sharp doesn't like it too bad, you won a Cup playing it. If Hossa refuses, too bad do it, it's your coach. I am in the belief Q said it was Haviland or Him. They went with Q, which is fine, and I have no problem with that. Saying that it's Q's time to prove he can be a bench coach. Get the players to buy in and play. Play them in their appropriate role. Kane is NOT a Center and part of Haviland/Q's angst is Haviland believed he is not a Center.

It's not all Q's fault but the onus as a coach is on him as it is every coach. Babcock, Byslma, any other are not in different positions in that respect IMO.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I brought DET in the mix...because you continue to blame Q for everything...Keith plays like crap - Q's fault. Craw gives up weak goals...Q.

Where you can name any team other than the 1 that wins the Cup and I can tear apart/blame the coach for every single short coming. Bylsma? Got schooled in the first round this year. Lost to a shitty MTL team...and has the 2 best offensive players/MVPs in the league...and a cup winning goaltender..

The two best offensive players? Debatable.

Cup Winning Goaltender? I think he's more like Osgood. MAF has been the beneficiary of some good teams in front of him.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am in the belief Q said it was Haviland or Him.

I think this might be the case as well. Fire Haviland first, and it makes it harder to fire Q....

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dude, I do not blame Q for the individual players performances. For crissakes man, where in Chat or threads these last few days have I blamed Crawford's being middling on Q? I keep saying this is just Corey, Rockford Corey. Yeah, I don't trust this D except for Seabiscuit based on the past season and because they drove me insane all year I don't trust the coaching to be able to "fix" it but I didn't say the coaching is what made the D perform poorly while they were performing it. Therefore I want to inject more studly skill into it via Suter and if given my dithers diff. goaltending. I blame Q for performances when I feel it's warranted and it is almost always in the context of me not liking the way he fucks with players' minds and therefore their confidence or fucks with their development. See: Brouwer, Troy or Lepisto, Sami, or Stalberg, Viktor. I will blame him for when I feel players are frustrated and it affects their play because they can't get any chemistry or consistency with the incessant line changing.

Conversely, even though I don't like his coaching stylings I have always given him credit for seeming to do better with developing newbies and in general fresh, untapped, young rosters full of talent---I have said before he is effective at coaching young, talented teams. I've said before he got The Ginger to buy in after his first season and indeed The Ginger looked much better his 2nd season and their coach-player relationship looked fine as a result. It's just that after players get past that maturity stage with him they seem to stall and his effectiveness with them seems to wear off. But I also think a lot of coaches could work magic with these young, untapped, talented teams so I don't know that it's that much of an endorsement to say it other than I think he's able to do what a lot of coaches are able to do with talented, young teams. I do not blame Q for the decisions that players make on the ice other than bullshit like their directives for the overall PP for example or the endlessly unnecessary TMMI penalties, because what's Einstein's definition of insanity?

I do believe the current team doesn't buy into any system he's trying to sell. This assumes there is a system and people keep telling me there definitely is a system he wants even though I personally don't see it. Yeah, not getting buy-in it's ultimately on the coaches as in you can't ultimately have effective long-term head coaching without it. I said Keith and Hammer played like shit and I kept waiting for it to change, that's on Keith and Hammer. I made the same assertions screaming out as much in chats all season as I thought the brainfarting would end after the Purge Roster season. I didn't say Q made them play poorly or make poor decisions. But as a coach he doesn't seem to be able to get through to players D or F and get them playing better either IMO so in the end that's ineffective coaching in my book.

Understand this, I am not someone who has become disenchanted with Q during his tenure here---I never wanted him here period. I didn't like the signing. I didn't like the patterns I saw with his other teams. So sue me. I blame him for a lot of shit from the Random Line Generator, to panicing disguised as coaching adjustments, to mis-slotting, to not having the ability to have them be game ready mentally or engery or engagement-wise, to willfully mismanaging player minutes, to not believing he knows how to harness and work with the talent he has and maximize results from it but I don't sit around and bitch him out for players' on ice decisions, play, and deficiencies. Good grief man you clearly have never been around in GD chats where I scream that the fucking handsomely paid CORE needs to fucking hustle, show some engagement in the game and effort and fucking score like they're expected to or else play a sound Team D game.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The two best offensive players? Debatable.

Cup Winning Goaltender? I think he's more like Osgood. MAF has been the beneficiary of some good teams in front of him.

Malkin...2 Art Ross, 1 Hart, 1 Conn Smythe..has a 50, 47 goal seasons....49gpg...1.23ppg

Crosby..1 Art Ross, 1 Richard, 1 Hart... one 53 goal season, .51gpg...1.40ppg

What other team has 2 players like this in their prime?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Malkin...2 Art Ross, 1 Hart, 1 Conn Smythe..has a 50, 47 goal seasons....49gpg...1.23ppg

Both oft injured.... so prime is debatable.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

The 60's Hawks with Stosh and Bobby. From 59/60 to 67/68. Hull or Mikita won every art Ross save 2.

The Habs of the late 50's were LOADED.

The Bruins of the early 70's with Esposito and Orr.

That's when scoring 20 goals in a season meant something.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Would you consider Toews oft injured?

No, not really, but I can see your point. It's more about their last couple seasons than anything else. Malkin had major knee surgery already and Crosby's concussion issues are well known. Toews is pretty reliable outside of the concussion last season.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

John Jaeckel@jaeckel

Late word, the Hawks made significant offers to both Suter and Parise. Awaiting word, and are prepared to sign BOTH or either.​

[font=Arial, sans-serif]8m IndianHeadNation@BlackhawkNation

@jaeckel You are so full of shit. Who told you that load of garbage?[/font]

I can't take the lying anymore... this guy is full of shit.

how does he figure Hawks can afford what both of those guys are asking? To say they would land both is horse shit

Ton

Liked Posts:
how does he figure Hawks can afford what both of those guys are asking? To say they would land both is horse shit

Exactly, he hasn't responded to me yet. Called that liar out and he's gone hiding, go figure.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
GET HIM TON!!!

Dumb fuck Jaeckel. Honestly who is that guy I haven't heard of him outside of these boards.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly, he hasn't responded to me yet. Called that liar out and he's gone hiding, go figure.

and...people complained about Campbell's contract, and complain about Hossa's contract, and Huet's contract. WTF do they think Suter or Parise are asking???

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Isn't it likely that it's based on "technicality" + the most important factor which are the cap hits? Technically the cap (for now) is $70.2 mil + teams can be 10% over until September. Hawks have $8 mil in space now + $7 mil they can be over temporarily while they dump stuff and sort themselves out so $15 mil. If you send the two-wayers to Rockford you're up to $19 mil "technically". It's not incorrect to speculate the Hawks could do it.