Shane Doan?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Eat me. Since when have I made sense.... And stop stealing my material while your at it!
Is eat me your's now too? Or I just can't tell you to go fuck yourself?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Why Doan could stay in Phoenix

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]1:10[background=transparent]PM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Shane Doan | Coyotes

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

It's become abundantly clear that plenty of teams around the league have an interest in signing Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan. If he chooses to go elsewhere, he'll essentially have his pick of destinations around the league. The Coyotes are one of those interested parties though, so it's certainly still a very real possibility that he simply stays in the desert.[/background]
[background=transparent]

"I've been communicating with Shane and his agent on a regular basis since July 1 and I still believe we'll get Shane signed," Phoenix GM Don Maloney recently told the team's website.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Doan has been pretty candid all along that he wants to stay with the team he's spent his entire career with, depending on how the ownership situation shakes out. He's a fan favorite in Arizona, loves the area and has been with the organization through good times and tough times. The 2011-12 campaign represented some of the best times as the Coyotes made a push all the way to the Western Conference Final, and the future looks bright with Mike Smith's emergence in goal and one of the best young blue lines in the NHL in place. So it makes plenty of sense that Doan would want to hang around and reap some of the rewards from his years of hard work.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Apparently Brendan Morrow is in play. Nap time is over. Can someone wake Stan?

Morrow available?

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[background=transparent]11:55[background=transparent]AM ET[/background][/background]​
[/font][background=transparent]

Brenden Morrow | Stars

[background=transparent]

[/background][/background][font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=transparent]

[background=transparent]

It always seems a little weird to see a team trade away its captain, but that exact scenario could unfold in Dallas. According to Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Dallas Stars appear willing to move veteran Brenden Morrow if the price is right.[/background]
[background=transparent]

Morrow has spent 12 years in the NHL and all of them have been with the Stars. But the organization has made it clear they're ready for some changes this offseason. That doesn't necessarily mean they want to get rid of Morrow, but the recent additions of Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Ray Whitney -- along with the emergence of guys like Loui Eriksson, Jamie Benn and Michael Ryder last season -- may very well squeeze him out of a top-six forward spot. Couple in the fact that injuries limited his production last season and that he'll be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and it at least makes a little sense why GM Joe Nieuwendyk might try to get something in return for him now. At age 33, he still has value. And the St. Louis Blues, New York Rangers, San Jose Sharks andLos Angeles Kings could have some interest here.[/background]
[/background]
[/font]

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Sure, can I have the key to your room in the basement?

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
He's a player that would help this team quite a bit. That in mind Stan won't pursue him and we'll watch him sign with somebody else. I have zero faith in Stan's ability to acquire pieces that can help this team

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I know it's only espn, but they have a rather long rumors page today, and there is no mention of the Hawks in any of them. Not even as a possible location or speculation of a good fit. That to me just says that not only are we not going to be in on any of these guys, but we don't seem to even be making calls. Sports writers have been so quick in the past to throw Chicago around as possible locations for players and not a peep about anything we're doing? I guess with all that money the organization is losing they finally cut off the phone service. And by the way, it goes back to not a mention of Chicago all the way to the luongo rumor on the 7th... so basically 3 days without a mention of the Hawks in any rumors. It must be a real dead period, they are probably at the bar with Q. And speaking of, why haven't we heard anything about the new coach? Anyone hear any names? We've talked more about where Havi will land than who will replace him.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
They're taking the Shoots_he_scores approach to life. Put everything off until the last minute, then make do with what you have and get by. They'll be out in the first round again and then they'll blather about how they had a good year, core this and that, blah blah blah. No faith in this organization to fill holes with the necessary pieces right now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They're taking the Shoots_he_scores approach to life. Put everything off until the last minute, then make do with what you have and get by. They'll be out in the first round again and then they'll blather about how they had a good year, core this and that, blah blah blah. No faith in this organization to fill holes with the necessary pieces right now.
How do your exams usually turn out? haha.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a player that would help this team quite a bit. That in mind Stan won't pursue him and we'll watch him sign with somebody else. I have zero faith in Stan's ability to acquire pieces that can help this team

Glad I am not the only one thinking that. I think Stan can do the plug and play players but as far as developing a team? Nope

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
He keeps looking at it from the business side, instead of the hockey side.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
If things stay this way with this organzation and not make any moves, this will be a one cup wonder team and nothing more.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
To get Doan...it's prob going to cost 3yrs at about 5per

He knows this is his last contract, and he'd probably need to be blown out of the water to leave. I could see a smaller market team per se like a STL if he came to the Midwest...or Nash. Staying out west may make sense due to his ties to PHX...like LA or COL

If it was a 1-2yr thing, I may be ok. But he's not a goal scorer/natural skilled player (which there's nothing wrong with)...but at 35, when does it catch up?

I'd rather get Semin ( not to be confused with semen)...at about the same price...then look to move Hjarl to MTL for Plekanec

Lines would be deadly...

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Semin-Plekanec-Hossa

Bickell-Bolland-Shaw

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If things stay this way with this organzation and not make any moves, this will be a one cup wonder team and nothing more.

As long as there are asses in the seats, that's all that matters to the front office. Didn't $Bill once famously say something along the lines of it's too expensive to win a Cup?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I'd take Morrow...but it really seems that DAL only moves players to the Eastern Conf - Ribero, Ott, Grossman....

I bet the same here.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
As long as there are asses in the seats, that's all that matters to the front office. Didn't $Bill once famously say something along the lines of it's too expensive to win a Cup?

ahhhh I don't know If I would compare this to the Cubs, if thats what your reffering to since Mcdumbass is here. The difference of the two is ticket prices for baseball are not as $$$$$ as hockey atleast the Hawks, and people are watching the games sitting outside in nice weather, and Wriglyville can not be mistaken to the UC. And its easy and cheap getting the Wriglyfield rather then parking around the UC. So as this team hits the dumps again you will see more people watching them on TV and back to 5-8k fans attending.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ahhhh I don't know If I would compare this to the Cubs, if thats what your reffering to since Mcdumbass is here. The difference of the two is ticket prices for baseball are not as $$$$$ as hockey atleast the Hawks, and people are watching the games sitting outside in nice weather, and Wriglyville can not be mistaken to the UC. And its easy and cheap getting the Wriglyfield rather then parking around the UC. So as this team hits the dumps again you will see more people watching them on TV and back to 5-8k fans attending.

Not comparing them to the Cubs, but I agree with what you are saying about the 5-8K, unless the shenanigans have run them off for good.