Shane Doan?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing he's interested in Hawks... after his meltdown vagina cramping against the Kings, how do you feel about him?

Do not post pics.... Eruns will be back here in an instant blowing 12 ropers everywhere.

I just hope Masshavoc determines that this is an OK topic to discuss based on his personal opinion.

bri

Liked Posts:
I was wondering when someone would bring him up. I say no. Prior to his classless behavior I may have been OK with it, but now he is just like a Canuck so he can go there. Plus he's old.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Hes old but he still competes along the boards unlike guys who we saw last year who are old and did nothing. I don't care about the meltdown last year in the playoffs. One glitch in what has been an otherwise very clean and respected career on the ice. I'm good at letting people have another chance and it's not like he has a back history of being a dick. Had he... then it would be a different story.

I expect him to be a Blackhawk to be honest.

Just debate now over where he would play. He can't log top 2 line rw minutes on this team while Kane and Hossa are here (unless Kane gets fucked around with again..which just scares the shit out of me yet again). Would be good on the 3rd line rw but I personally don't want Shaw getting his minutes bounced...not right now. Soooo...Doan can play center and hes a better 2nd line center option than Kruger ever will be at this point...and Bollands never going to get that shot by the look of things. Bring him in as center depth? Then I say yes. Bring him in to play RW then I say no.

Doan should have been a Blackhawk 5 years ago. He has always been the perfect style for this club.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
dont blame him for playing ridiculously passionate when finally making it farthest ever in his long career at the playoffs. He has shit tons of heart and his trouble the past two years are just an adjustment to new rules for an aging dog. Still great talent to go with amazing work ethic, id say it is a good move if done. def #2 C in my mind until McNeil/Pirri/Kruger are ready

Ton

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count it out yet but there are a lot of teams in the hunt. We will see where he stands in a few days. He said he wouldn't make a decision until July 9th, which is speculated that he was giving the Coyotes time to see what they would do. Or was it smart of him to wait it out and let the two big fish get snatched up first? So far:

-Whitney

-Langkow

-Rosival

-Pyatt

+Moss

+Sullivan

+Klinkhammer?

There's also rumors swirling around about the Coyotes dealing Yandle, whether true or not it's just another question that circles the organization. I think at this point he's prepared to seriously weigh out his options and with all the elite teams showing interest he would be crazy not to listen. I think there's a great chance he's gone, there are a lot of selling points and if he started listening the teams competing for him can offer him a lot more than just a solid contract. The only thing the Coyotes can offer him is "well, you can try to retire (depending on the franchises future) playing for the same organization your entire career" as their selling point. There is no job security, and if he signed there it would be because of sheer guilt due to loyalty.

I'm not saying he'll come here, but it's going to have to be a contender.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't count it out yet but there are a lot of teams in the hunt. We will see where he stands in a few days. He said he wouldn't make a decision until July 9th, which is speculated that he was giving the Coyotes time to see what they would do. Or was it smart of him to wait it out and let the two big fish get snatched up first? So far:

-Whitney

-Langkow

-Rosival

-Pyatt

+Moss

+Sullivan

+Klinkhammer?

There's also rumors swirling around about the Coyotes dealing Yandle, whether true or not it's just another question that circles the organization. I think at this point he's prepared to seriously weigh out his options and with all the elite teams showing interest he would be crazy not to listen. I think there's a great chance he's gone, there are a lot of selling points and if he started listening the teams competing for him can offer him a lot more than just a solid contract. The only thing the Coyotes can offer him is "well, you can try to retire (depending on the franchises future) playing for the same organization your entire career" as their selling point. There is no job security, and if he signed there it would be because of sheer guilt due to loyalty.

I'm not saying he'll come here, but it's going to have to be a contender.

I'm guessing Detroit will be knocking on the door to fill a big hole on their roster.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of my favorites. If the price is right, I'd welcome him to the Hawks.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
New ownership was approved, so that might reduce the chances that he leaves the desert.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
t

Lets see if your all dumb enough to get this thing to 7 pages.....

LOL!

I thought you'd get a kick out of this RK. Barry Rozner said this morning on the score that he wanted Shane Doan on the Blackhawks because of his hitting. He said hitting was the most important thing in Playoff hockey. So apparently scoring goals is less important than hitting.

R K

LOL!

I thought you'd get a kick out of this RK. Barry Rozner said this morning on the score that he wanted Shane Doan on the Blackhawks because of his hitting. He said hitting was the most important thing in Playoff hockey. So apparently scoring goals is less important than hitting.

He probably meant they need a physical forward, which I agree with. Bickell would be perfect if he didn't disappear for long stretches, but still not the talent of Doan.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the contracts that have been signed already, I'll bet Doan gets signed to a ridiculous contract, hopefully not by Stan. I like Doan but not at the price he is going to command. I'd rather see yewt (Beach, Saad, Pirri, Morin) move up full time.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea he's going to get 5 mil plus.

^^^ This, and probably a multi-year deal. I can see him getting 3 years 15+ million. Some team will be willing to do it. Same thing regarding Semin, only a much longer contract.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really like the idea of Doan but as discussed above, at what cost for an aging player?