Pat Foley it's time to retire.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="231854" data-time="1402089346">
<div>

Exactly. </p>

</p>

I still think him utterly ripping Karpotsev was pure comedy gold.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Somewhere I have a picture of Karpovtsev signed by Foley. Don't know where - just as well, don't want to speak ill of the dead.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="231856" data-time="1402090595">
<div>

Somewhere I have a picture of Karpovtsev signed by Foley. Don't know where - just as well, don't want to speak ill of the dead.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I will. He wasn't any good. 

I did see him score a goal against the Blues back in the day. </p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Radio Pat Foley broadcasting alone on WIND was Hockey hall of fame material.</p>

Rehired Pat Foley belongs in the bozo hall of fame.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="231854" data-time="1402089346">
<div>

Exactly. </p>

</p>

I still think him utterly ripping Karpotsev was pure comedy gold.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Heard it with the wife live too. Something we'll never forget.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="231863" data-time="1402091787">

Radio Pat Foley broadcasting alone on WIND was Hockey hall of fame material.

Rehired Pat Foley belongs in the bozo hall of fame.</p></blockquote>

I have the Grant Mulvey 5 goal game against St. Louis on tape.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
I have about 50 cassette tapes of games 1982-1984. </p>

Foley was at his best whenever an original six game was played; specially the Canadians,</p>

Back then he would rip on the refs all the time; not the PC Foley we get today.</p>

Bob "bendover Myers and Andy Van "Brain Bucket" Hellamend (no I didn't have a gambling problem) were his best targets.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="231886" data-time="1402183157">
<div>

Foley was at his best whenever an original six game was played; specially the Canadians,</p>

Back then he would rip on the refs all the time; not the PC Foley we get today.</p>

Bob "bendover Myers and Andy Van "Brain Bucket" Hellamend (no I didn't have a gambling problem) were his best targets.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Let me guess... you're also a fan of Ken Harrelson?</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Maiden" data-cid="231886" data-time="1402183157">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You should get those transferred to CD/DVD.</p>

It was a much better Foley back then. Him ripping on the refs and bad calls was awesome. Fun to listen to when he was with Talon too. Ever since they got rid of the simulcast, he's turned into PC garbage.</p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I have about 50 cassette tapes of games 1982-1984. 

Foley was at his best whenever an original six game was played; specially the Canadians,

Back then he would rip on the refs all the time; not the PC Foley we get today.

Bob "bendover Myers and Andy Van "Brain Bucket" Hellamend (no I didn't have a gambling problem) were his best targets.</p></blockquote>

I though he was best when he was solo.

Occasionally an injured or scratched Blackhawks player would join him in the perch in the 1st balcony. I remember Peter Marsh doing color once.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I'm not letting his schtick with Eddie-O tarnish his HoF career of yesteryear.  I do think having Weiderman/Murray simulcast would be the best broadcasting team there is.</p>

</p>

Still, as bad as Pat & Eddie are, they're still a huge improvement over much of the broadcasters out there.  It helps to remember that.  We could be stuck with the two fuckwits who nationally called the Chi/LA series this year.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="231918" data-time="1402338312">
<div>

Yeah, I'm not letting his schtick with Eddie-O tarnish his HoF career of yesteryear.  I do think having Weiderman/Murray simulcast would be the best broadcasting team there is.</p>

</p>

Still, as bad as Pat & Eddie are, they're still a huge improvement over much of the broadcasters out there.  It helps to remember that.  We could be stuck with the two fuckwits who nationally called the Chi/LA series this year.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Ain't that the truth. Having been forced to listen to other broadcasting teams over the years, Pat & Eddie are far from the worst.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BolligHandzusPerfect" data-cid="231861" data-time="1402091582">
<div>

I will. He wasn't any good. 

I did see him score a goal against the Blues back in the day. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Pretty sure you are referring to the game 1 win vs the blues in 2002.</p>

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Super Douchiev" data-cid="232012" data-time="1402410015">
<div>

Pretty sure you are referring to the game 1 win vs the blues in 2002.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He also scored in a regular season tie 2-2 (2003?). I think I remember it because I was so surprised.</p>