Hawks sign Rasmussen to 1 year deal

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time will tell. I am willing to give him one more chance with a full summer. The brass seems to think the same way.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Chris Versteeg is a perfect example of a guy who gets carried by the talent around him and contributes very little on his own. He never really was that good of a hockey player to begin with. Hindsight obviously on this one but he never should have been brought back to club in the first place with the Panthers eating half his salary or not. Had guys in the system that could have played in his spot in my opinion. It was a poor move by the org to bring him back. Throw in losing Hayes and Olsen? It was flat out a shitty move by Stan. Not one of his better ones that is for sure. Not that I personally ever liked Hayes and still think his skating is absolute shit but Olsen had potential.</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="232361" data-time="1402903893">

Time will tell. I am willing to give him one more chance with a full summer. The brass seems to think the same way.</p></blockquote>

So? Are they beyond reproach?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Apparently Sharp is...but hey, he looked great taking batting practice a week after the Hawks were bounced</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
If NY takes a buyback on Richards I believe that lowers his cap hit. I don't think we need him unless we don't bring TT in next season. Bickell should not be moved, he was coming off major knee surgery just like Versteeg, but he was able to find his game by the end of the season. I just want TT with the club next season, get him on an HGH regimen or something if need be. Shit Kane never really filled out physically, he's just good enough for it not to be a factor in his game. We will have to start protecting our talent though because the NHL simply refuses to do it.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
Both Brad and Mike Richards will be available. Since both are being bought out, they might not be looking for the same dough they were getting, since the money they get from their buyout would provide offset. The question with either of them would be whether they'd be willing to take a short-term discount deal to go Cup hunting. Since Brad has one and Mike has two, I'm guessing no. </p>

</p>

That being said, the Hawks need, at best, a one-year solution at 2C. McNeill doesn't really factor in (he's been skating RW in Rockford), but TT and Danault look like solid 2C and 3C options a year from now, respectively. Cheap, too.</p>

</p>

As for Versteeg, I'd be surprised if he's still referred as a Blackhawk in the present tense beyond draft day. Stan wasn't going to talk about how he was almost as much of a boat anchor on whoever the poor suckers were that had him on their line as Handzus was, because he's still going to see if he can snooker somebody into taking him like Tallon was able to do to him.</p>

</p>

Oh, and anybody who thinks Patrick Kane has never filled out needs to take a look at him in a t-shirt or polo. That boy is jacked.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
Kane is 5'11"@181lbs, that's not "jacked" in Ethiopia.  I was an inch shorter and 15 pounds heavier when I finished my time in the Corps and in great shape, and I wouldn't consider myself "jacked at the time.  He is putting on some mass which is good and as he gets older that will continue but he was what 165-170 his first season here?  Regardless of Kane's physical prowess, I want TT here next season and failing that I think we should pick up a legit 2C from the market.  I don't think the two Richards' three Cups will at all diminish their desire for more Cups.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Variable" data-cid="232372" data-time="1402926652">

So? Are they beyond reproach?</p></blockquote>
No. But prefer their approach to the knee-jerk reactionaries among the fans.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="232403" data-time="1402959402">
<div>

Kane is 5'11"@181lbs, that's not "jacked" in Ethiopia.  I was an inch shorter and 15 pounds heavier when I finished my time in the Corps and in great shape, and I wouldn't consider myself "jacked at the time.  He is putting on some mass which is good and as he gets older that will continue but he was what 165-170 his first season here?  Regardless of Kane's physical prowess, I want TT here next season and failing that I think we should pick up a legit 2C from the market.  I don't think the two Richards' three Cups will at all diminish their desire for more Cups.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

He might be 181, but there's no way in hell he's 5'11 - I'm 5'10 and I'm taller than he is. and yes, he's good and square. Both he and Toews have probably put on a good 20-25 lbs of muscle mass since they showed up as rookies.</p>

</p>

I think TT is going to have to be the option, because any legit 2C will either be too expensive (Spezza) or have too many years left on his deal, so he'd wind up blocking TT.</p>

</p>

I don't think the Richards' Cups will diminish their desire to win more, I just think they won't be as willing to take a discount to do it.</p>

Ton

Liked Posts:
Whats wrong with Thornton or Kesler?</p>

</p>

I don't see why TT needs to be rushed into the 2nd line C role. Hell, he probably fits better as a winger anyway.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I agree ton...I'd be happy with either

The whole Thornton is a loser thing is ridiculous. Hossa was a loser before he got to CHI as well

I think Joe played with Kane during the lockout. The trick with either would be the money/cap hit. But that's for scooter to figure out

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pmikezus" data-cid="232436" data-time="1403033345">
<div>

I agree ton...I'd be happy with either

The whole Thornton is a loser thing is ridiculous. Hossa was a loser before he got to CHI as well

I think Joe played with Kane during the lockout. The trick with either would be the money/cap hit. But that's for scooter to figure out</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

You really think Dougie would want Thornton's next game in the Shark Tank to be in a Hawks' sweater?</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="232424" data-time="1403002745">
<div>

No. But prefer their approach to the knee-jerk reactionaries among the fans.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

What's knee jerk about saying what Versteeg is? He's been that way for years. Why do you think he'll change now? You want to know a real example of an unrealistic, knee jerk reaction is?  People wanting the the Hawks to go out and get a center with cap hits that range from 5-7 million dollars and multiple years left on their contracts while the Hawks only have about 4.5m in cap space with several players and a back up goalie left to sign along with Toews, Kane and Saad's contracts expiring. That's a fucking knee jerk reaction.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Between the Snowman and Kesler, I would take Kesler. I just feel that Thorntons best days are behind him. He seems a bit old. I may be wrong, and if he was in a Hawks sweater, I would really hope I was.</p>

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They should come out with a way, to trade away a player or players with equal salary or to relieve some salary, to they can take on/add more.  Would be interesting</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="232444" data-time="1403039683">
<div>

Between the Snowman and Kesler, I would take Kesler. I just feel that Thorntons best days are behind him. He seems a bit old. I may be wrong, and if he was in a Hawks sweater, I would really hope I was.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Not only that, it's that he's got 3 years with a near 7 million dollar cap hit. I don't understand how people think the Hawks can take on that kind of a cap hit. Or why the Sharks would trade him.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Never been a Joe Thornton fan myself. I would take Kesler over Joe also if it ever came down to that (which it wont anyways but just for shits and giggles). Thornton doesn't shoot Kesler does. I like centers who shoot the fucking puck. Not that you need a shooting center with Kaner anyways but it never hurts. Kesler could probably open up a bit more space for Kaner also as he is a better skater than big Joe (not that Joe is bad skater for his size). Joe is a puck possession center. Kane is a puck possession rw. Not sure what Joe adds that Kane doesn't do already.</p>

</p>

P.S. Hell no to Brad Richards. Down slope big time with Brad.</p>

</p>

Want a never will happen fantasy 2nd line center for Kane to talk about? go for Stastny. He's the perfect fit.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="the hanadian dreamzues" data-cid="232451" data-time="1403050223">
<div>

Never been a Joe Thornton fan myself. I would take Kesler over Joe also if it ever came down to that (which it wont anyways but just for shits and giggles). Thornton doesn't shoot Kesler does. I like centers who shoot the fucking puck. Not that you need a shooting center with Kaner anyways but it never hurts. Kesler could probably open up a bit more space for Kaner also as he is a better skater than big Joe (not that Joe is bad skater for his size). Joe is a puck possession center. Kane is a puck possession rw. Not sure what Joe adds that Kane doesn't do already.</p>

</p>

P.S. Hell no to Brad Richards. Down slope big time with Brad.</p>

</p>

Want a never will happen fantasy 2nd line center for Kane to talk about? go for Stastny. He's the perfect fit.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Statsny isn't getting moved.</p>

</p>

Trade for Stardust</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimzus" data-cid="232457" data-time="1403058989">
<div>

Statsny isn't getting moved.</p>

</p>

Trade for Stardust</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Good. fuck Statsny...didnt want him anyways.</p>