D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That may be but he is also a top 5 player all time. Not simply because of his stats, but he is the best clutch player in the history of the game. Better than Jordan.

Hilarious. Come back and compare him to Jordan, when he averages over 30ppg in his career. Taking a Scoring Title and DPOY in the same season, go undefeated in the finals. I can go on and on

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree, once Magic and Bird aged and/or left the game Jordan and his teams didn't really have any challengers and didin't really have to lead comebacks or play game 7's of series.
This is the biggest line of bullshit that Lakers fans spew. Magic was only 31 when MJ handed him his ass in the finals. 31 aint old-especially for a player who played 3 years in college.

Oh, and that last MVP Magic won should have an asterisk next to it, because it rightfully belonged to the player who was both the scoring champ, and DPOY that year.

Jordan, a guard, dominated the greatest era of big men the NBA has ever seen. That Bulls team-esp the second 3 peat would have owned the 70's and 80's. The Lakers would have only been a foot note in that team's story-as they were in 91

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That may be but he is also a top 5 player all time. Not simply because of his stats, but he is the best clutch player in the history of the game. Better than Jordan.

Huh?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not. Of all the teams you listed were there any all-time great players on those opposing teams? No. The competition in the 80's was much tougher that is just a fact.

On a side note, the Pistons only win their second ring because Magic and Byron Scott get hurt very early in that series and still play them close. That back to back Piston team is overrated in my opinion.
HUH?!?!?!

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, yeah. Seriously all those players you named are not in the class of MJ and Hakeem. Shaq's first really dominant season was 99-00. Being a star versus truly being great are two separate things.

WHY ARE YOU TALKING?!?!?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idc what anyone says about Kobe, leading the league in scoring at 36 after coming off an injury that ruins most peoples careers..that's damn impressive no matter what the amount of shots he takes is.

I agree with that.

Liked Posts:
Maybe, maybe not. Of all the teams you listed were there any all-time great players on those opposing teams? No. The competition in the 80's was much tougher that is just a fact.

On a side note, the Pistons only win their second ring because Magic and Byron Scott get hurt very early in that series and still play them close. That back to back Piston team is overrated in my opinion.

Ha ha. Good grief. Lakers fans...wow.

Liked Posts:
I get it and I am not saying Jordan isn't one of the best, just my opinion that Kobe is the better game closer. I was responding to the original post but should not have brought the untouchable Jordan into it. But this overall idea that Jordan is hands down the greatest at everything without debate is funny to me. Kobe may or may not be better but there is certainly an argument.

No. The facts, aka official statistics, show Jordan is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Kobe on offense and defense in the clutch. The only argument is opinion based that ignores the stats, or your an L.A. Homer. Very few Lakers fans in SoCal think Jordan is better than Kobe, its sad that they don't understand the stats behind the argument

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
This is the biggest line of bullshit that Lakers fans spew. Magic was only 31 when MJ handed him his ass in the finals. 31 aint old-especially for a player who played 3 years in college.

Oh, and that last MVP Magic won should have an asterisk next to it, because it rightfully belonged to the player who was both the scoring champ, and DPOY that year.

Jordan, a guard, dominated the greatest era of big men the NBA has ever seen. That Bulls team-esp the second 3 peat would have owned the 70's and 80's. The Lakers would have only been a foot note in that team's story-as they were in 91

Sorry you can't handle the truth but the 80's Lakers would have crushed any of the bulls championship teams. Don't confuse 91 with the Lakers in the 80's...not even close to the same team. Who would have guarded Kareem? Bill Cartwright....LMAO. 80's teams were deeper, and better. Expansion in the late 80's watered the league down. Jordan entered the league in 85....remind me again how many rings he had during the 80's?

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
No. The facts, aka official statistics, show Jordan is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Kobe on offense and defense in the clutch. The only argument is opinion based that ignores the stats, or your an L.A. Homer. Very few Lakers fans in SoCal think Jordan is better than Kobe, its sad that they don't understand the stats behind the argument

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Very few Laker fans believe Kobe is better than Jordan, you have it mixed up. Kobe isn't even the best Laker of all-time.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, most Laker fans liked Shaq better....but it doesn't mean he was a player with great skill. Kobe was and is the better player. Kobe won that shit.

All-time Lakers:

1. Magic
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Kobe
5. West
6. Baylor
7. Shaq

I don't understand the significance of this list. Are we talking about overall greatness and contributions while being in a Laker uniform? Or are we ranking how good each of the players were while in a Laker uniform(especially looking at their best seasons)?

If it's the former, then Kobe should definitely be above Wilt and Kareem.

Liked Posts:
One reason those other players aren't viewed more favorably they were routinely denied by Jordan. It's kind of a dumb circular argument to say championships define greatness with players and then try to argue against the very player who was denying them championships.

Also, Kobe went into pout mode in a game 7 one year to prove a point. What kind of weak bitch bullsh*t is that! Only a complete jackass would try to defend that.

Whenever Jordan played on a team that had home court advantage, his teams always won. Similarly, whenever Jordan played on teams that were good enough to make it to the finals, they always won. In 1993, when the Suns and Knicks had more regular season wins. Both lost to the Bulls. In the finals when the Suns were a perceived threat, Jordan had the highest PPG avg in the history of the NBA finals.

In 1989, when Jordan hit the shot over Ehlo, most people don't remember or realize that Jordan hit, what should have been the winner with 6 seconds left. So when Jordan hit the game winner over Ehlo, not only did he have to duplicate what he'd already done seconds before but he had to do it with a higher degree of difficulty.

Around 04/05, they changed the rules to make it easier for perimeter players to score. Also, Jordan was never a Robin. Also, Jordan has the best ppg in the history of the game while playing with hand checking and that other crap but his ppg in the playoffs are actually higher.

Kobe's a cheap knockoff in all respects. And don't tell me about outside shooting. Jordan didn't have to shoot from so far away. And yes this matters. Jordan is probably the best offensive threat in NBA history in the paint. I'll take that any day over the shots Kobe takes and mostly doesn't make.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry you can't handle the truth but the 80's Lakers would have crushed any of the bulls championship teams. Don't confuse 91 with the Lakers in the 80's...not even close to the same team. Who would have guarded Kareem? Bill Cartwright....LMAO. 80's teams were deeper, and better. Expansion in the late 80's watered the league down. Jordan entered the league in 85....remind me again how many rings he had during the 80's?

False. Jordan was demolishing elite scoring bigs (Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Mutumbo, Malone, Shaq-ie: the greatest era of bugs the league has ever seen)

Those Bulls teams, running Jackson's triangle, would have wiped the floor with Magic, Kareem, and the rest of the Lake show.

Jordan was the best player in the league in the 80's. But he was on an island.

I don't know what is more pathetic-Lakers fans and their cooked up "they were old" excuse, or Celtics fans and their Len Bias BS.

Speaking of Bias-if he did not have the mental toughness to keep his nose out of the booger sugar, he did not have the mental toughness to compete consistently with Jordan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just a minor point but I think that Bryant actually hurt his legend status by patterning himself so much like Jordan in his mannerisms. It is one thing to admire how a guy plays but trying to become a clone of someone is pretty ridiculous.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
False. Jordan was demolishing elite scoring bigs (Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Mutumbo, Malone, Shaq-ie: the greatest era of bugs the league has ever seen)

Those Bulls teams, running Jackson's triangle, would have wiped the floor with Magic, Kareem, and the rest of the Lake show.

Jordan was the best player in the league in the 80's. But he was on an island.

I don't know what is more pathetic-Lakers fans and their cooked up "they were old" excuse, or Celtics fans and their Len Bias BS.

Speaking of Bias-if he did not have the mental toughness to keep his nose out of the booger sugar, he did not have the mental toughness to compete consistently with Jordan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I guess you are referring to the 91 team? Where did i saw they were old? I said they weren't the same team, meaning players retired/moved on. You're basing your argument on the bulls beating the 91 lakers who had Vlade Divac as their starting center. So your argument is not valid, unless you think Vlade was as good or better than Kareem...is that it?

Honestly those Bulls teams would never have handled the front court of the Lakers, or Celtics for that matter. The Lakers were better at nearly every position and deeper. Again, please tell me how Jordan was the best player in the 80's when Magic and Bird were winning rings and MVP's. How do can you make a statement like that? It would be equivalent to me saying Shaq was the best player of the 90's.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Why do Bulls fans have to be so defensive about Kobe and his accomplishments? I would think having a player that so respected and closely emulated an all time great from your team from the time he was a teenager would be a compliment, not an opportunity to bash the guy. And it hasn't been one-sided, Jordan has returned that respect many times since day one. I don't know, would you prefer a comparison to a guy who just coasts on physical ability like 90% of todays NBA stars, instead of skill and hard work? I just don't get it, they're both greats.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Kobe is a great. I agree. I just don't agree that Kobe is better than Jordan, or that it's even fair to say so, other than to promote the NBA. People just need to live with the fact that it will take a lot more than ESPN home-made hyped GOATS to knock MJ off the mountain.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kobe is a great player in his own right, he's just not better than Jordan overall.