Has there ever been a more entertaining BAD Bears football season in recent memory?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I mean, I came on as a fan during Ditka's last year.

I lived through the sheer and abject hopelessness of the Wanny and Jauron years, saw the McGinnis non-hiring, and seen a lot of bad seasons and just general Bears weirdness. I've also seen fluke good seasons, dumb controversies, and all sorts of just dumb things from both the Bears and us as fans.

But doesn't this season just take the cake for it all?

Think about it.

Last season, we were the #3 scoring offense in the league. We got some defensive players to help out, our offense stayed intact, many of us believed Cutler would take another step (although not all after seeing what McCown did in the offense last year, and how much smoother it ran). Brandon Marshall was well-behaved and hailed as a leader by fans. People were thinking playoff contention at least.

And then, starting with the absolute weird way they handled preseason, it was this slow crash and burn, like the Hindenberg or the Titanic, with fans not even realizing what was going on at first, and then once people inside realized the ship was sinking, it was every man for themselves and the whole thing has been high drama with leaks everywhere, every day another WTF moment, and just when you think it can't be topped, THE BEARS FUCKING TOP IT, all pointing to an actually satisfying climax of supposedly an entire house-cleaning and quite possibly, the hiring of a knowledgeable football czar, although for an encore, the Bears might fuck that one up too if they hire Holmgren.

It's seriously like watching 24 with no Jack Bauer, and you're just waiting to see what the hell gets fucked up next. Or even like Hell's Kitchen, with Doug Buffone playing Gordon Ramsey on the post game show.

I can say this much - the Bears have been brutal this season. It's been one for the ages. But I can't remember a more entertaining bad season in my football-watching career.

Maybe next year the Bears can actually entertain ON the field....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you should call this in to B & B on monday

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
see how they respond.

just read it verbatim, it'll be fun.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
shit, i'll do it if you don't want to.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Meh, I usually don't - I'll them at 1:30 for my lunch hour - then again, I usually just leave the radio on and take a nap in my car to decompress.

I honestly don't listen to the show for them. I just know when the rubber meets the road, both Bernstein and Boers have very solid sources connected at Halas Hall, with Bernstein's still active and likely someone who sits on the Board of Directors at this point, and Boers a former Halas Hall employee who knows people up there.

Other than that, I've learned to tune them out.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't say "fucking" tho' ...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
But yeah, you want to call them and take credit, or even email it to the show, go for it, got my blessing.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if entertaining would be the first word I would use. It's like a comedy of errors and I'm not laughing. It's just so extreme. It reminds me of in 2001 how they seemed to win every game with gigantic comebacks. That level of extreme except in a very bad way. On the field, off the field. In the stands. This team is lost.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I don't know if entertaining would be the first word I would use. It's like a comedy of errors and I'm not laughing. It's just so extreme. It reminds me of in 2001 how they seemed to win every game with gigantic comebacks. That level of extreme except in a very bad way. On the field, off the field. In the stands. This team is lost.

Isn't that all part of the process?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

TishLover

Liked Posts:
:marshmallow::marshmallow::marshmallow::marshmallow::sweep:

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
At least they are ending the season with a bang, and are providing a lot of entertainment. How easy would it be to be a sports reporter right now? The Bears are throwing the media stories left and right. It will make for an entertaining offseason as well.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL this is cute. When will bears fans soak up the obvious that they need to be able to win the division before going onto these bs reaches of w/e.

DID ANY of you really think were going to beat the packers? If you did holy fk. Did you think Tucker was going to change? and then change the D? I knew this team was an 8-8 team at best but damn. What blows my mind is how all your minds are blown and what a dif of a year makes. "DOES HE EVER SLEEP" new signing of a no name nobody- to GTFO!

I love you guys, you give me plenty of bs to kill time at work but damn. This teams was fked before game 1.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's been really boring on the field. The soap opera is interesting enough.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll challenge this season with 2004. In 2003 Rex got hurt and all they were left were journeymen Chandler and the mighty Kordell. That worked out so great that in 2004 the Bears solidified their backup QB position with Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson. Surely times have been worse in the post Ditka Era. Have we already forgotten the brilliance of Krenzel/Quinn? Or is Trestman that big of a jackass that he overshadows all previous shortcomings of Bears teams?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll challenge this season with 2004. In 2003 Rex got hurt and all they were left were journeymen Chandler and the mighty Kordell. That worked out so great that in 2004 the Bears solidified their backup QB position with Jonathan Quinn, Craig Krenzel and Chad Hutchinson. Surely times have been worse in the post Ditka Era. Have we already forgotten the brilliance of Krenzel/Quinn? Or is Trestman that big of a jackass that he overshadows all previous shortcomings of Bears teams?

What is the over/under for Rodgers Safeties this week?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least they are ending the season with a bang, and are providing a lot of entertainment. How easy would it be to be a sports reporter right now? The Bears are throwing the media stories left and right. It will make for an entertaining offseason as well.

On this board, we will be playoff contenders 20 minutes after the draft ends!! :smug2:

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is not as bad on the field, but has far more dysfunction. If the bears were Just a 5-11 football team they might not have to do much more than fire Tucker. The problem is more that Trestman cannot lead a football team. A lot of the Jay struggles, Marshall craziness, defense still clinging to lovie, kromer speaking out, Briggs thinking its OK to open a bbq restaurant etc. Is because trestman doesn't own that locker room. Add in the fact that there is not enough young talent and there are a lot more storylines this year.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, I don't find it entertaining. It puts me in a bad mood and then I get mad at myself because something as trivial as sports has affected me. I guess if you are entertained by negativity, this would be fun

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
If you find this entertaining you're officially Special person.

Go put on your helmet.