Matt Forte trade value

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Since this team is years from doing anything, does it make sense to explore a trade for Forte and see if we can start stockpiling some draft picks to rebuild the D?

malcore

BillSaluga_45_back.jpg

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
No

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

malcore

I know it sounds crazy, but if there is a total blow up/rebuild, it looks like Forte is on for 8.8 mil next year, 7.8 of which could be freed, costing only 1 mil. Not suggesting this by any means.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I know it sounds crazy, but if there is a total blow up/rebuild, it looks like Forte is on for 8.8 mil next year, 7.8 of which could be freed, costing only 1 mil. Not suggesting this by any means.

He actually looks like he has a few more years in the tank. Treat him like frank gore

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

mecha

Liked Posts:
well the Bears have been successful in burning him out over the years rather than doing what like, you know, every other team in the league does and split carries, so why not burn him completely out so no one can use him again?

or in other words, he has no trade value. use him and if he wants to test the market then god bless him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
well the Bears have been successful in burning him out over the years rather than doing what like, you know, every other team in the league does and split carries, so why not burn him completely out so no one can use him again?

or in other words, he has no trade value. use him and if he wants to test the market then god bless him.
Surprisingly, he's been one of the few all-purpose backs that has stayed relatively healthy. In this day and age...that is something worth holding onto

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Surprisingly, he's been one of the few all-purpose backs that has stayed relatively healthy. In this day and age...that is something worth holding onto

Not if the team is going to win 5-7 games for the next 5 years. I'd rather cut him so we only win 3-5 games and get better draft picks.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Not if the team is going to win 5-7 games for the next 5 years. I'd rather cut him so we only win 3-5 games and get better draft picks.

That post makes little sense

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
That post makes little sense

Actually it makes perfect sense. I'd rather be really bad for the next 5 years than be mediocre. Forte makes us mediocre. Cut him and the Bears effectively have no running game which makes the team worse. Get it?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd certainly give up an 8th rounder for an aged running back.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Actually it makes perfect sense. I'd rather be really bad for the next 5 years than be mediocre. Forte makes us mediocre. Cut him and the Bears effectively have no running game which makes the team worse. Get it?

Yes...which is why I thought it made little sense