Dustin Byfuglien:

$5.2 Million

8G 11A - 19 PTS (102 Hits)

$273K per point

Brian Bickell:

$4.0 Million

4G 7A - 11 PTS (71 Hits)

$363K per point

AND... Buff has been playing a lot of defense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love when people say "your stupid". :lol::lol: Is it my stupid, or his stupid, though?

I played check hockey at a high level for over a decade. Bickell is a lazy piece of shit who can't skate and he has mush for brains. He's the kind of guy I actually liked seeing out there, because if you knew he was coming, you were going to put him on his ass, and he was going to take himself out of position to do it. Balance is king when throwing hits, and he has NO fucking balance whatsoever. Bickell hitting people is basically him falling into them.

We'll see what he does come playoff time when he's NOT playing with Toews and Kane. Because that's the only time he's been this mythical "ultimate warrior" in the playoffs.

I don't want him to go 120% every fucking night, but for $4M a season I expect him to at least not be the worst player on the ice and a detriment to the team 95% of the time...

I don't know if you noticed, but Toews, Kane, Saad, Sharp, and all these flashy stick handlers are tough sob's but kind of little bitches that would lose any direct confrontation with most of the league. Bickel is a necassary piece who played out of his mind in contract year and forced us to overpay. It doesn't matter that we overpayed, because we had to have that type of player out there protecting our stick handlers. And we need at least one more to emerge outside of our bad ass defenders. Carbomb is alright in the roll I guess. Versteeg reminds me of a poor man's Kane, and Tuevo will be in the same boat.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know if you noticed, but Toews, Kane, Saad, Sharp, and all these flashy stick handlers are tough sob's but kind of little bitches that would lose any direct confrontation with most of the league. Bickel is a necassary piece who played out of his mind in contract year and forced us to overpay. It doesn't matter that we overpayed, because we had to have that type of player out there protecting our stick handlers. And we need at least one more to emerge outside of our bad ass defenders. Carbomb is alright in the roll I guess. Versteeg reminds me of a poor man's Kane, and Tuevo will be in the same boat.

Bickell isn't protecting anyone. I'd much rather see a big hungry kid from Rockford at a fraction of the cost. I'm sure we will next year. Hopefully Bickell has an excellent playoff this year, bonus for the Hawks and makes him easier to unload.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The only "flashy stickhandler" out of those you mentioned is Kane... Saad, Toews, and Sharp lose direct confrontation with most of the league? What the fuck are you even talking about? All three are great as far as board battles are concerned. Saad is pretty much modeling his game after Hossa... All three can hold their own physically.

It doesn't matter that the Hawks overpaid because they need Bickell protecting their stick handlers? Again, what the fuck are you talking about? Bickell doesn't protect anyone...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bickell isn't protecting anyone. I'd much rather see a big hungry kid from Rockford at a fraction of the cost. I'm sure we will next year. Hopefully Bickell has an excellent playoff this year, bonus for the Hawks and makes him easier to unload.

Carcillo and Shaw do more protecting than Bickell, does, unfortunately. I hoped he'd turned a corner after the Cup in 2013. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Blah/3...AND... Buff has been playing a lot of defense.
He's been playing the position of defenseman, not necessarily playing defense. :crazydance:

The thing that really drives me batty about Bickell, other than everything mentioned above, is that he is horrendous at receiving a pass. If he had a steel blade, and the puck was magnetic, he might have a chance...as a Buckaroo!

Buckaroo.jpg

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Aside from his shot, which he doesn't have the sense to position himself to use most of the time, he's a below average hockey player.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I don't want Bickell or Buff, not for what they're getting paid. Who the fuck cares about hits when it comes to the Hawks? They've been like dead last in that since Q got here. Don't even bother with the whole protection myth. Pointless in the way they play, they'll always take more punishment, physical punishment, than they give. Even less when they're really on their game.

That being said I hope Bickell has a huge playoff so its more likely some idiot GM can take him off the Hawks' hands.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I've never seen a guy just fall down so much every game. You could make a drinking game out of how many times his ass is on the ice. If your name is Grimson, drink twice every time.

I find that utter bs unless you stopped watching the Hawks for three years prior to last season. Nobody ever fell down more than Frolik. Every single game it would happen, I was even looking out intentionally to see if he wouldn't a game but couldn't ever see one. Then again he had those moments vs the Hawks yesterday.

I think the bickell hate us moronic and meatballish. He's the leading candidate to trade in the offseason, but he's a rare valuable who didn't show up one post-season. He's been a better force every year he's been a starter in the postseason and put up numbers comparably better than the rest of the team even in the 1st round exit years

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Variable

Liked Posts:
The problem is you can't have a player with that kind of a cap hit that does very little through the regular season. Not when theyll be taking on the two highest cap hits in the league. It's not worth losing someone like Sharp or Seabrook instead.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
GU7aJ7t.gif

NO ONE EXPECTS A BIGFOOT TO BE GRACEFUL DAMNIT

"Careful, guys, I think somebody spilled a drink or something in the corner over there. Awfully slippery."

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find that utter bs unless you stopped watching the Hawks for three years prior to last season. Nobody ever fell down more than Frolik. Every single game it would happen, I was even looking out intentionally to see if he wouldn't a game but couldn't ever see one. Then again he had those moments vs the Hawks yesterday.

I think the bickell hate us moronic and meatballish. He's the leading candidate to trade in the offseason, but he's a rare valuable who didn't show up one post-season. He's been a better force every year he's been a starter in the postseason and put up numbers comparably better than the rest of the team even in the 1st round exit years

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

:obama:

supraman

Liked Posts:
I don't want Bickell or Buff, not for what they're getting paid. Who the fuck cares about hits when it comes to the Hawks? They've been like dead last in that since Q got here. Don't even bother with the whole protection myth. Pointless in the way they play, they'll always take more punishment, physical punishment, than they give. Even less when they're really on their game.

That being said I hope Bickell has a huge playoff so its more likely some idiot GM can take him off the Hawks' hands.

Hitting however does go up (even for the hawks) during the playoffs and it does help to have hitters come playoff time. Do I think bickell fits that role well? Not a chance but it is nice to have big guys that throw the body (for the right price) come playoff time.

supraman

Liked Posts:
"Careful, guys, I think somebody spilled a drink or something in the corner over there. Awfully slippery."

It is like they are on a slippery surface out there :p

Variable

Liked Posts:
Hitting however does go up (even for the hawks) during the playoffs and it does help to have hitters come playoff time. Do I think bickell fits that role well? Not a chance but it is nice to have big guys that throw the body (for the right price) come playoff time.

The problem again with that is when the Hawks try to do that, and especially when they go out of their way to try and play like that, they end up getting sidetracked and off their game. Like those first two games against the Blues last year in the playoffs. It was like they were trying to outhit the Blues. Keith was going around doing shit, Seabrook obviously, Bickell was running around like fucking Steve Ott, he even had a knee on knee. They were playing like the Blues usually play. It was bad. It's just not to their strength to play like that.

As far as Bickell is concerned, Q himself actually summed it up pretty good after a turnover in the last Road to the Winter Classic episode:

"Oh fuck off Bickells!"

supraman

Liked Posts:
The problem again with that is when the Hawks try to do that, and especially when they go out of their way to try and play like that, they end up getting sidetracked and off their game. Like those first two games against the Blues last year in the playoffs. It was like they were trying to outhit the Blues. Keith was going around doing shit, Seabrook obviously, Bickell was running around like fucking Steve Ott, he even had a knee on knee. They were playing like the Blues usually play. It was bad. It's just not to their strength to play like that.

As far as Bickell is concerned, Q himself actually summed it up pretty good after a turnover in the last Road to the Winter Classic episode:

"Oh fuck off Bickells!"

That isn't always the case though look at the 09 and 10 series against the nucks. Both series were VERY physical and we know how those series turned out.

Going out of your way to make a hit is foolish period but if the hit is the better option take the hit. In a seven game series those hits wear down an opponent