Letting go of Cutler and B.Marshall

malcore

point 1: I think there were people last year saying Andy Dalton would be a clear upgrade over Jay Cutler.

point 2: does anyone else think it's insane that Marvin Lewis still has a job with that team?

point 3: Brandon Marshall was injured virtually the entire year. is that the real reason everyone wants him gone?

Possibly for some. My feeling is the team should rebuild from the ground up. I don't think Marshall is going to help the team to a Super Bowl in the next year or two.

I'm not saying the Bears need to get rid of him, as Hub is saying. I'm saying that if this team is going to rebuild, he is not as valuable to this team as he was the last few years.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
sorry, not everyone. Just the people clamoring to trade Marshall.
giphy.gif

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I would if we got some draft picks. Lets face it both are huge talents but their time has passed.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
It is fucking insane that people have forgotten how good Marshall is. I guess that's what happens when he nutted up and played through injuries. Dipshits start acting like he regressed.

malcore

It is fucking insane that people have forgotten how good Marshall is. I guess that's what happens when he nutted up and played through injuries. Dipshits start acting like he regressed.

Nobody has forgotten his skills. C'mon man.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take a 6th rounder for Jay while eating $5M of his 2015 salary and a 6th rounder for Brandon Marshall. Before we can build this thing back up, we need to tear it down. I'd also trade Forte for a 4th rounder because he has one more good year before he starts to decline. I've identified a few pieces that we can keep for the next 5-6 years.

1) Kyle Long
2) Kyle Fuller
3) Alshon Jeffrey
4) Jermon Bushrod
5) Marty Bennett
6) Christian Jones
7) Robbie Gould

It's possible Marquis Wilson will develop into a piece who belongs here -- but every body else should go.

You lost me with you're number 4...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

it's about the W-L column

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Branson has some nice catches but is probably a cancer, good luck to Cutler in another city.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Much rather trade Cutler and keep one of the best receivers in the game.

Goddamn, this shit is annoying. Why the fuck are so many people in a hurry to ship out one of the best players you can possibly have at a position? Its fucking moronic.

malcore

The name changing is what is silly. Do people think they will become better posters if they change their username? Or that others will like their postings more?

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
As likable as Marshall was last year, that's how unlikable he was this year. And I'm tired of cheering for assholes (Jay in particular) ...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Quote Originally Posted by Kekua Zombie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post
it's about the W-L column

Now all wins and losses are Marshalls responsibility. Makes sense.

I never said that...YOU did.

If ya' aren't winning changes need to be made.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'm all for the reset button. Get rid of the old, collect draft picks, lock up guys key to our future like Jeffrey, long, paea depending on what defense we play. We aren't close to winning shit. Got to start the rebuild

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don't think the Bears ought to give Marshall up just yet. I think he's still got a few good years that are worth it, regardless of what happens to Cutler. This isn't baseball. You can go from zero to contender in a couple of short years or less. And the Bears might need Marshall in a couple years. (Hell, look at Steve Smith with the Ravens this postseason).

But that's it. A few good years at most. Maybe less. That's why I think you pray Amari Cooper is there at 7 (which could happen!), and if he isn't, grab Duke Williams or Sammy Coates. Two top notch young receivers could set up this offense in fair to good position for years to come.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The Bears can add one of those wide outs and one of those defensive players but the team will either be the same or worse because they'll have a rookie quarterback most likely.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
LOL people want Brandon Marshall gone because "he is a headcase, isn't good anymore, causes problems" but then they want the Bears to get Dez Bryant, Ndamukong Suh and Greg Hardy?

Dez Bryant is talented but he is a big mouth and is seen yelling on the sidelines all the time. When Marshall yells in the locker room he is crazy but when Bryant does it on the sidelines he is a leader?

Ndamukong Suh almost miss an important game aka a playoff game because of a stupid decision he made which he makes those stupid decisions all the time. I'll give him credit though, he went ALMOST a full season with out a dumb penalty. Baby steps.

Greg Hardy was released by the Panthers for domestic abuse.