Mike Shannahan offers Bears more than Jay Cutler fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I think him being out has helped him see more of the modern football plays. Hopefully if signed, he can prove me right.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Yeah most people get better at their craft while unemployed sitting on the couch.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think him being out has helped him see more of the modern football plays. Hopefully if signed, he can prove me right.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you. Can we please get back to the topic at hand; the inevitable Cutler-Shanny reunion? This has gone way off topic and I'm tired of talking about how right Desp is all the time.

You bros think this reunion will help the cutty-shanny combo improve their 17-20 record together or what..?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Better than Trestman.

But he's no Arians.
jaredAllen-joost5-mullet.gif

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Thank you. Can we please get back to the topic at hand; the inevitable Cutler-Shanny reunion? This has gone way off topic and I'm tired of talking about how right Desp is all the time.

You bros think this reunion will help the cutty-shanny combo improve their 17-20 record together or what..?

No need. Shanny already won a SB with Elway if you didn't know, he's set.

Reactions: WCL

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
There are coaches available I would rather have but I would rather have Shanahan over guys like Marrone or Ryan. I would personally put him 3rd behind Bowles and Toub.

I think Shanahan's zone run offense will definitely be a fit in Chicago with Forte and Carey. I can see both of those guys being successful in that scheme. Our offensive line is definitely athletic enough to be a zone blocking oriented team. Our defense is already rat shit as it is so a change to a 3-4 which he typically prefers wouldn't be a stretch since we are in amidst of a rebuild.

Thw two biggest problems...Cutler and power. Shanny will want to keep him around and with guys calling Cutler out in the locker room...I just don't think you can keep him. Shanahan in Denver and Washington had final say in all football operations, something I don't see him getting in Chicago. It's not that Shanahan was a poor decision maker (he did help Washington bring in Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan as first round picks before the RG3 trade sucked up all their picks), its just that I don't think the new GM will relinquish that role. I fully expect out next GM (Ballard) to be head of football operations.

KCbear

Liked Posts:
There are coaches available I would rather have but I would rather have Shanahan over guys like Marrone or Ryan. I would personally put him 3rd behind Bowles and Toub.

I think Shanahan's zone run offense will definitely be a fit in Chicago with Forte and Carey. I can see both of those guys being successful in that scheme. Our offensive line is definitely athletic enough to be a zone blocking oriented team. Our defense is already rat shit as it is so a change to a 3-4 which he typically prefers wouldn't be a stretch since we are in amidst of a rebuild.

Thw two biggest problems...Cutler and power. Shanny will want to keep him around and with guys calling Cutler out in the locker room...I just don't think you can keep him. Shanahan in Denver and Washington had final say in all football operations, something I don't see him getting in Chicago. It's not that Shanahan was a poor decision maker (he did help Washington bring in Trent Williams and Ryan Kerrigan as first round picks before the RG3 trade sucked up all their picks), its just that I don't think the new GM will relinquish that role. I fully expect out next GM (Ballard) to be head of football operations.

Yup. This is exactly how I feel... I'm warming up to the idea of Shanny but I just don't know how the whole cutler thing would work. Plus I don't think we can win a shootout against A-Rod. So really it comes down to whether or not Shanny can get a competent defense going in order to at least slow down top notch offenses.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Mike Shanahan was the 49ers offensive coordinator during their last Super Bowl win.
Mike Shanahan endured a high-wire drama in his last season as Washington’s head coach that was not dissimilar to what Jim Harbaugh experienced in San Francisco.
A constant stream of unnamed sources leaked stories of dissatisfaction between Shanahan and Washington team owner Dan Snyder, replete with Shanahan supposedly wanting to be fired so he could salvage the remainder of a contract that was paying him $7 million a year.-49ers site.

So, maybe some guys on here try to logically think that maybe Shannahan wasn't to blame for the shit in Washington.

Considering, you know, no one has been successful coaching under Dan Snyder.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mike Shanahan was the 49ers offensive coordinator during their last Super Bowl win.
Mike Shanahan endured a high-wire drama in his last season as Washington’s head coach that was not dissimilar to what Jim Harbaugh experienced in San Francisco.
A constant stream of unnamed sources leaked stories of dissatisfaction between Shanahan and Washington team owner Dan Snyder, replete with Shanahan supposedly wanting to be fired so he could salvage the remainder of a contract that was paying him $7 million a year.-49ers site.

So, maybe some guys on here try to logically think that maybe Shannahan wasn't to blame for the shit in Washington.

giphy.gif

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nobody's been successful coaching Cutler either, but you keep on making excuses for him.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Kyle Shanahan apparently is being allowed to explore his options. Probably will team up with his dad somewhere.

Just a little bit of additional info.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Elder Shanahan is now a joke and any team that hires him in any capacity is as well.

malcore

A gnocchi? That's a vaguely meatballish (in shape and serving style) type of thing made out of potato...does that work?

Mignacca,+Carlo.jpg

Aloo kofta. Gnocchi is easier to say though, and just sounds more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.