Would Somebody Trade for Cutler?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next Ballard thread, I will but that still doesn't help you. NBA and NFL are two way different organizations in every way. Trading J.R.Smith is way easier than trading Jay Cutler regardless of contract

J.R.Smith is a disease, period. I don't care what the rules are for contracts and caps, and all that stuff, that has nothing to do with this. I am saying that I would not want JR Smith on my team if he was willing to play for zero. Why don't you get this?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Next Ballard thread, I will but that still doesn't help you. NBA and NFL are two way different organizations in every way. Trading J.R.Smith is way easier than trading Jay Cutler regardless of contract

ok so how do u propose we get rid of him and get something in return. That's the real point.
Plus....he's NOT performing on the field, well enuff to help us win.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ok so how do u propose we get rid of him and get something in return. That's the real point.
Plus....he's NOT performing on the field, well enuff to help us win.

Umm okay? I have no plan to get rid of Cutler, that's up to the gm and coach. My point is just because Smith got traded in a whole different sport doesn't mean it is as likely Cutler will too.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Umm okay? I have no plan to get rid of Cutler, that's up to the gm and coach. My point is just because Smith got traded in a whole different sport doesn't mean it is as likely Cutler will too.

The point is we need to get rid of non-performers, who don't contribute to us winning. The J.R. thing was just sidebar DaaBears used to wonder out loud about moving away from jay. I'm sure DaaBears would agree.....we NEED to move on from jay.

Sure we could say " that's up to the gm and coach"....but this is a forum where PPL openly discuss their opinions on a myriad of interlocking subjects. Again the primary subject is who will take jay.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The point is we need to get rid of non-performers, who don't contribute to us winning. The J.R. thing was just sidebar DaaBears used to wonder out loud about moving away from jay. I'm sure DaaBears would agree.....we NEED to move on from jay.

Sure we could say " that's up to the gm and coach"....but this is a forum where PPL openly discuss their opinions on a myriad of interlocking subjects. Again the primary subject is who will take jay.

Okay? There are several threads saying we should move on from Jay. If you have a hard time finding them, click on your profile and choose a thread since that is all you talk about.

Reactions: WCL

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think there will be at least one team willing to trade for him.

I was wondering does anyone know when a team can trade a player? Do they have to wait for the official start of the 2015 season? Ive tried looking it up but all I can find is stuff about the trade deadline and nothing about when trades open back up.

Yes, they have to wait for the official start of the 2015 season, meaning they have like 2 days to trade him before the 2016 salary is guaranteed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Okay? There are several threads saying we should move on from Jay. If you have a hard time finding them, click on your profile and choose a thread since that is all you talk about.

dude why I are YOU in this thread then. You see the damn topic. Would Somebody Trade for Cutler?

And just cuz someone asks a question or brings up a point you don't wanna deal deal with you act like a woman on her on period. Get over yourself... pal. Don't go into threads that deal with jay.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
If Matt Cassell and Carson Palmer can get their teams sweet deals in a trade, then SOMEONE will trade SOMETHING for Cutler. I don't know how anyone can think he would get zero suitors.
Since the Bears have no other QB and really none in the draft, I don't know why anyone thinks he will be traded. ..?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Not really buddy. NBA contracts are not equivalent to nfl contracts. NBA trades are not equivalent to NFL trades

It's true they aren't the same. In the NBA, the driving force for some teams in a trade is to trade for cap space vs. trading for the actual player(s) they get in return. This is the case with the Knicks in yesterday's trade.

But the fact is, Cleveland DID trade FOR J.R. Smith. They think they are close and need a little to put them over the hump, and are willing to take a player with talent, but who is flawed.

That is VERY much similar to the Cutler situation.

We can only hope.

(Has Jerry Angelo been hired as a GM anywhere?)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
People are looking at it from the wrong end. Look at the teams that need a QB and who is available in the 1st round and free agency. Below is a list of 7 teams that are looking for a QB. The 1st round QBs will probably be gone after the 1st two picks whether they deserve it or not. Then there are players like Hoyer and Sanchez who are the best of a weak free agent class.

So will there be some teams who consider taking on the the larger salary of Cutler (thankfully, his 1st year was the biggest chunk)? I believe the teams that were playoff caliber minus a QB this year will be tempted to trade for Cutler.

However; since there will be about 2 days to pull of a trade at the start of the 2015 season, teams will low-ball the Bears. If the offers are too low, the Bears may think of just keeping Cutler (since they are one of the 7) while they draft and give experience to a QB for the following year or two.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454645/article/nine-nfl-teams-that-need-to-draft-a-quarterback-in-2015

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Draft position: No. 1
Analysis: For the Buccaneers to get back into playoff contention, Lovie Smith needs to find a franchise quarterback capable of lifting the play of the offense. Josh McCown was expected to steady the unit as a veteran free-agent signee, but he failed to play up to expectations following a strong run with the Chicago Bears. Although Mike Glennon has shown flashes of brilliance in limited play, he doesn't appear to be in the team's long-term plans as the quarterback of the future. The overall uncertainty at the position could lead Smith to search for his franchise playmaker in the draft.

Tennessee Titans
Draft position: No. 2
Analysis: For all of the promise rookie Zach Mettenberger showed in seven games, the jury is still out on whether he has the goods to be a franchise quarterback in Tennessee. Despite posting an 83.4 rating in six starts, Mettenberger is a suspect decision-maker under duress, as evidenced by his nine turnovers this season. With the team expected to move on from Jake Locker, the Titans could be in search of their long-term solution at quarterback in the 2015 draft.

Staying or going?
NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking the college football underclassmen who intend to enter the 2015 NFL Draft. Underclassmen have until Jan. 15, 2015 to declare their intentions. SEE FULL LIST

New York Jets
Draft position: No. 6
Analysis: Despite Geno Smith's proclamations about his Pro Bowl potential, the Jets' new management team could decide it wants to find its "guy" at the position. Whether it's a veteran free agent or a highly touted draft pick, the Jets need a quarterback with the confidence, charisma and physical tools to take the franchise to the next level. While it is possible that Smith eventually becomes that player, the odds suggest that Gang Green will trot out a new signal caller when the season kicks off in 2015.

Chicago Bears
Draft position: No. 7
Analysis: After watching the Bears flounder this season with Jay Cutler at the helm, there is a growing sense that Chicago might be willing to part ways with him despite his enormous contract and salary-cap implications. While it is hard to imagine the Bears opting for Hoyer or Sanchez as a replacement, the bloom is clearly off Cutler's rose, and the new management team will face a huge decision whether to carry on with him going forward. He could even be traded, although that could prove to be a challenge with a $15.5 million guarantee.

Houston Texans
Draft position: No. 16
Analysis: Credit Bill O'Brien for guiding the Texans to a winning record despite scattershot play at the quarterback position, but he must get better play from his signal caller to overtake the heavyweights in the AFC. Although Ryan Mallett or Ryan Fitzpartick could return and solidify the position with improved performance, the Texans should investigate all of their options in the draft or free agency to see if they can find a franchise quarterback. Rookie Tom Savage will have every opportunity to compete for the position, but he didn't show enough to dissuade the team from pursuing a better option in the draft.

» Scout's Take: Winston still better NFL prospect than Mariota
St. Louis Rams
Draft position: No. 10
Analysis: Jeff Fisher has openly discussed bringing Sam Bradford back after another injury-marred season, but the Rams can't depend on the former No. 1 overall pick after his checkered medical history. The team could opt for one of the veteran free agents on the market to help the Rams' offense take a step forward or elect to make a move to acquire one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft. With plenty of options on the table, Fisher has a big decision to consider over the next few months.

College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:
Title game primer: Oregon vs. Ohio State
Is Winston better prospect than Mariota?
2015 NFL Draft Order, team needs
Debate: Whose stock is up after bowls?
Cleveland Browns
Draft position: No. 12
Analysis: After drafting Johnny Manziel to be the face of the franchise a season ago, the Browns could be in the market again for a starting quarterback this offseason. Although Brian Hoyer could return based on his moderate success as a starter in Cleveland, the team could want more playmaking potential from the position and turn to the free agent or draft market for a solution. Manziel will certainly get a chance to compete for the job, but the Browns need to find a dependable option to build around at the quarterback spot.

Philadelphia Eagles
Draft position: No. 20
Analysis: It's rare for a team with a Pro Bowler on the roster to be in the quarterback market, but Chip Kelly could look for a more athletic playmaker to take the Eagles' offense to another level. While Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez have been productive within the fast-paced scheme, a dynamic athlete like Oregon's Marcus Mariota, if he enters the draft, could add an explosive element to the Eagles' attack.

Buffalo Bills
Draft position: No. 19 (owned by Browns)
Analysis:The recent retirement of Kyle Orton and the lack of development by E.J. Manuel could send the Bills searching for another option at quarterback heading into the offseason. With a new head coach tasked with fixing the offense, the Bills might be in the market for a couple of quarterbacks to improve the outlook of a team that was on precipice of a playoff berth this season

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I know a lot of Bengals fans that want Cutty to come fuck up their team...

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
dude why I are YOU in this thread then. You see the damn topic. Would Somebody Trade for Cutler?

And just cuz someone asks a question or brings up a point you don't wanna deal deal with you act like a woman on her on period. Get over yourself... pal. Don't go into threads that deal with jay.

The irony here is just too much to handle. Also I doubt you ever delt with a woman because I'm sure they would think this shit was stupid as well. I am a nice guy though so I decided to link your other recent Cutler post talking about the same shit here

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/search.php?searchid=393111

Being nice again I've decided to go further and link more Cutler shit here

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/111-Jay-Cutler-Discussion-Forum

Now neither of those have J.R Smith in the topic but I assure you it's the same people saying the same shit

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Yes, they have to wait for the official start of the 2015 season, meaning they have like 2 days to trade him before the 2016 salary is guaranteed.

What? How did we get Brandon Marshall in the spring, then?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A nice reminder of what I don't miss.

OP, I'm not so sure a trade is going to happen, but Cleveland, Tennessee, Jets and Bills seem to be the few real possible partners.

Why oh why did they not just fucking tag him that bum last year?? It just made too sense I suppose.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
People are looking at it from the wrong end. Look at the teams that need a QB and who is available in the 1st round and free agency. Below is a list of 7 teams that are looking for a QB. The 1st round QBs will probably be gone after the 1st two picks whether they deserve it or not. Then there are players like Hoyer and Sanchez who are the best of a weak free agent class.

So will there be some teams who consider taking on the the larger salary of Cutler (thankfully, his 1st year was the biggest chunk)? I believe the teams that were playoff caliber minus a QB this year will be tempted to trade for Cutler.

However; since there will be about 2 days to pull of a trade at the start of the 2015 season, teams will low-ball the Bears. If the offers are too low, the Bears may think of just keeping Cutler (since they are one of the 7) while they draft and give experience to a QB for the following year or two.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454645/article/nine-nfl-teams-that-need-to-draft-a-quarterback-in-2015

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Draft position: No. 1
Analysis: For the Buccaneers to get back into playoff contention, Lovie Smith needs to find a franchise quarterback capable of lifting the play of the offense. Josh McCown was expected to steady the unit as a veteran free-agent signee, but he failed to play up to expectations following a strong run with the Chicago Bears. Although Mike Glennon has shown flashes of brilliance in limited play, he doesn't appear to be in the team's long-term plans as the quarterback of the future. The overall uncertainty at the position could lead Smith to search for his franchise playmaker in the draft.

Tennessee Titans
Draft position: No. 2
Analysis: For all of the promise rookie Zach Mettenberger showed in seven games, the jury is still out on whether he has the goods to be a franchise quarterback in Tennessee. Despite posting an 83.4 rating in six starts, Mettenberger is a suspect decision-maker under duress, as evidenced by his nine turnovers this season. With the team expected to move on from Jake Locker, the Titans could be in search of their long-term solution at quarterback in the 2015 draft.

Staying or going?
NFL.com's College Football 24/7 is tracking the college football underclassmen who intend to enter the 2015 NFL Draft. Underclassmen have until Jan. 15, 2015 to declare their intentions. SEE FULL LIST

New York Jets
Draft position: No. 6
Analysis: Despite Geno Smith's proclamations about his Pro Bowl potential, the Jets' new management team could decide it wants to find its "guy" at the position. Whether it's a veteran free agent or a highly touted draft pick, the Jets need a quarterback with the confidence, charisma and physical tools to take the franchise to the next level. While it is possible that Smith eventually becomes that player, the odds suggest that Gang Green will trot out a new signal caller when the season kicks off in 2015.

Chicago Bears
Draft position: No. 7
Analysis: After watching the Bears flounder this season with Jay Cutler at the helm, there is a growing sense that Chicago might be willing to part ways with him despite his enormous contract and salary-cap implications. While it is hard to imagine the Bears opting for Hoyer or Sanchez as a replacement, the bloom is clearly off Cutler's rose, and the new management team will face a huge decision whether to carry on with him going forward. He could even be traded, although that could prove to be a challenge with a $15.5 million guarantee.

Houston Texans
Draft position: No. 16
Analysis: Credit Bill O'Brien for guiding the Texans to a winning record despite scattershot play at the quarterback position, but he must get better play from his signal caller to overtake the heavyweights in the AFC. Although Ryan Mallett or Ryan Fitzpartick could return and solidify the position with improved performance, the Texans should investigate all of their options in the draft or free agency to see if they can find a franchise quarterback. Rookie Tom Savage will have every opportunity to compete for the position, but he didn't show enough to dissuade the team from pursuing a better option in the draft.

» Scout's Take: Winston still better NFL prospect than Mariota
St. Louis Rams
Draft position: No. 10
Analysis: Jeff Fisher has openly discussed bringing Sam Bradford back after another injury-marred season, but the Rams can't depend on the former No. 1 overall pick after his checkered medical history. The team could opt for one of the veteran free agents on the market to help the Rams' offense take a step forward or elect to make a move to acquire one of the top quarterback prospects in the draft. With plenty of options on the table, Fisher has a big decision to consider over the next few months.

College Football 24/7 Hot Topics:
Title game primer: Oregon vs. Ohio State
Is Winston better prospect than Mariota?
2015 NFL Draft Order, team needs
Debate: Whose stock is up after bowls?
Cleveland Browns
Draft position: No. 12
Analysis: After drafting Johnny Manziel to be the face of the franchise a season ago, the Browns could be in the market again for a starting quarterback this offseason. Although Brian Hoyer could return based on his moderate success as a starter in Cleveland, the team could want more playmaking potential from the position and turn to the free agent or draft market for a solution. Manziel will certainly get a chance to compete for the job, but the Browns need to find a dependable option to build around at the quarterback spot.

Philadelphia Eagles
Draft position: No. 20
Analysis: It's rare for a team with a Pro Bowler on the roster to be in the quarterback market, but Chip Kelly could look for a more athletic playmaker to take the Eagles' offense to another level. While Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez have been productive within the fast-paced scheme, a dynamic athlete like Oregon's Marcus Mariota, if he enters the draft, could add an explosive element to the Eagles' attack.

Buffalo Bills
Draft position: No. 19 (owned by Browns)
Analysis:The recent retirement of Kyle Orton and the lack of development by E.J. Manuel could send the Bills searching for another option at quarterback heading into the offseason. With a new head coach tasked with fixing the offense, the Bills might be in the market for a couple of quarterbacks to improve the outlook of a team that was on precipice of a playoff berth this season

You need to stop saying this, because it's WRONG. There were FOURTEEN NFL players traded last year between March and August, including FIVE guys in March alone. Blaine Gabbert, Jonathan Martin, Darren Sproles, Matt Schaub, and Jeremy Zuttah were all dealt in March last year, and Mike Williams, Terelle Pryor, and Stevie Johnson went in April and May. Unless they've changed the rules since last summer, Cutler can be dealt without anyone "low-balling" us because of a time constraint.

Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/trades

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Yes.

Cutler is not the guy for Chicago but he can easily go to a team that is better and more complete and fit in. Nobody here wants him anymore but he's still a top 12-15 QB in a league that has a shortage of his position. He's a known quantity even if it's not that great. You know what you're getting with Jay Cutler.