Bears are meeting with Teryl Austin

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO a fox hire means Pace is a puppet. They gave Emery full control and his fuck up scared them, so now theyll take control and do whatever it takes to get the team to a nice safe place that keeps fans quiet and in the seats.

Fox is in no way a long term answer and you do not hire a HC with the intent of them being a placeholder, thats just a dumb fucking way to go about running a team. When Pace was hired he Fox wasnt even an option, so Pace unless he was hired to be a puppet he had to have a guy in mind that wanted has his HC, if he was so well organized with a laid out plan like George/Ted suggested.

All things being equal, if Austin has two opportunities, doesn't he opt to take the job outside of his current conference, out of respect for the Lions organization and Caldwell?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Interesting tweet

Adam Hoge - Another Arians-Trestman situation brewing with #Bears. John Fox is the obvious hire. They can't pass on him for an unknown... can they?
10:25pm - 13 Jan 15

Who is the trestman in this scenario?

Rise

Liked Posts:
IMO a fox hire means Pace is a puppet. They gave Emery full control and his fuck up scared them, so now theyll take control and do whatever it takes to get the team to a nice safe place that keeps fans quiet and in the seats.

Fox is in no way a long term answer and you do not hire a HC with the intent of them being a placeholder, thats just a dumb fucking way to go about running a team. When Pace was hired Fox wasn't even an option, so Pace unless he was hired to be a puppet had to have a guy in mind that he wanted as his HC, if he was so well organized with a laid out plan like George/Ted suggested.

It would be typical weird Bears style to put some type of stipulation on Pace for taking the job.

Something like our only reservation is how young you're and your lack of experience. Would you be opposed to Accorsi leading the charge and bringing in an experienced HC for your first hire?

Accorsi then did what he does best and found the best possible match for Pace that also appeases the ownerships fear of clown show part 2.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
All things being equal, if Austin has two opportunities, doesn't he opt to take the job outside of his current conference, out of respect for the Lions organization and Caldwell?

Austin was just an example I used as Paces guy vs the safe hire pushed on him. Like I said Id like to see him interview one person that wasnt already on the Bears radar considering he said he had a separate list of candidates different from the Bears FO.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I would think he is referring to Austin. Not sure who else.

Yeah, I was curious due to the talk of Austin going to Atlanta.

If there is a similar situation brewing with Pace wanting the unkown and the others wanting Fox, I hope Pace has the balls to go with his guy.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"Austin went on to serve on the coaching staffs at Syracuse and Michigan before joining the Seattle Seahawks' staff in 2003, helping Seattle advance to Super Bowl XL in 2006. He joined the Arizona Cardinals coaching staff as coach of defensive backs in 2007. He helped the team reach Super Bowl XLIII in 2009.

On January 26, 2011, it was announced that Austin had been hired as the secondary coach for the Baltimore Ravens, and helped lead them to a Super Bowl victory over the San Francisco 49ers."

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
"Austin went on to serve on the coaching staffs at Syracuse and Michigan before joining the Seattle Seahawks' staff in 2003, helping Seattle advance to Super Bowl XL in 2006. He joined the Arizona Cardinals coaching staff as coach of defensive backs in 2007. He helped the team reach Super Bowl XLIII in 2009.

On January 26, 2011, it was announced that Austin had been hired as the secondary coach for the Baltimore Ravens, and helped lead them to a Super Bowl victory over the San Francisco 49ers."

Yep, very impressive

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears should have hired Austin today, if offered the Atlanta job, I see him taking that long before the Chicago job. But then again, maybe Austin is just this years Rooney guy.......Shame, I think he is well worth the risk. Screw mediocrity.....

Rise

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I was curious due to the talk of Austin going to Atlanta.

If there is a similar situation brewing with Pace wanting the unkown and the others wanting Fox, I hope Pace has the balls to go with his guy.

Yeah I agree. I want Pace to get his guy whomever that is.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be typical weird Bears style to put some type of stipulation on Pace for taking the job.

Something like our only reservation is how young you're and your lack of experience. Would you be opposed to Accorsi leading the charge and bringing in an experienced HC for your first hire?

Accorsi then did what he does best and found the best possible match for Pace that also appeases the ownerships fear of clown show part 2.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Except who was the coach that was part of this scheme before Monday?

The Bears have interviewed nothing but coordinators to this point and had no interviews lined up with any former HCs, but hiring an experienced coach was a stipulation for hiring Pace?!?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Bears should have hired Austin today, if offered the Atlanta job, I see him taking that long before the Chicago job. But then again, maybe Austin is just this years Rooney guy.......Shame, I think he is well worth the risk. Screw mediocrity.....

Bowles interviewed before Austin so the Roomey rule was met last week.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Except who was the coach that was part of this scheme before Monday?

The Bears have interviewed nothing but coordinators to this point and had no interviews lined up with any former HCs, but hiring an experienced coach was a stipulation for hiring Pace?!?

Well nothing is set in stone, and of course I'm just entertaining the idea. It's what I do here. That being said look at what has been reported about the Bears wanting an experienced HC to pair with their young GM. That's not coming from Pace.

I don't think they were 100% against an unknown but the consultant was advising experience for this hire. If you think about it a good consultant would say that. Play it safe and steady, less chance of failure and losing future consulting jobs.

Just showing the scenario, I'm not saying it is true. I just like writing them out.

Oh and the coach was Kubiak.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowles interviewed before Austin so the Roomey rule was met last week.

I meant in general terms not just Bears specific, so far Austin has interviewed with Chicago, Atlanta, San Fran, and Buffalo. Reportedly all have been very impressed.

KCbear

Liked Posts:
Austin was just an example I used as Paces guy vs the safe hire pushed on him. Like I said Id like to see him interview one person that wasnt already on the Bears radar considering he said he had a separate list of candidates different from the Bears FO.

I really don't think Pace is a "puppet" I think he's gonna hire whoever he thinks is the best fit for the team. And if the bears wanted to be safe they wouldn't have hired a young up and coming GM, that could obviously wait and get whatever job he wants. Not a job where he has to listen to the wants and wills of football ignoramuses above him imho.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

the guy is qualified and should be looked at regardless the "rooney crap"

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well nothing is set in stone, and of course I'm just entertaining the idea. It's what I do here. That being said look at what has been reported about the Bears wanting an experienced HC to pair with their young GM. That's not coming from Pace.

I don't think they were 100% against an unknown but the consultant was advising experience for this hire. If you think about it a good consultant would say that. Play it safe and steady, less chance of failure and losing future consulting jobs.

Just showing the scenario, I'm not saying it is true. I just like writing them out.

Oh and the coach was Kubiak.

1.) Reports about the Bears wanting an experienced HC to pair with their young GM is nothing but sports writers connecting their own dots after the Emery/Trestman fallout. Just like yourself...just writing out the scenario, not confirming any truth to the matter.

2.) Kubiak was reported to be high on Ryan Pace's list...not the McCaskey's or Accorsi's list. No one is forcing anyone on to him...that is what got his predecessor fired.

Sorry...won't buy the whole forced hand rhetoric. If Fox gets this job, it will be because he is the best person for the job according to Ryan Pace.

Last edited:

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
After watching some interviews and press conferences...I think Austin is going to interview really well and he is going to get the job. He has more character, charisma and is a better speaker than Bowles. I think what he has done with Detroit is just as impressive.

Changing my ranking -

1. Austin
2. Bowles
3. Gase
4. Quinn

Careful. Trestman got hired over Arians because he was supposedly the better speaker. Can't believe I'm even saying that. Emery needs to be shit-canned for that. Wait...

tarlyn

Liked Posts:

Fox is in no way a long term answer and you do not hire a HC with the intent of them being a placeholder, thats just a dumb fucking way to go about running a team. When Pace was hired Fox wasn't even an option, so Pace unless he was hired to be a puppet had to have a guy in mind that he wanted as his HC, if he was so well organized with a laid out plan like George/Ted suggested.

Who knows maybe the fox hype is all BS. Well see. Though I do find it odd that Pace hasnt interviewed a single person that wasnt already on the Bears radar before he was hired as GM. Where are the guys from his list that he spoke of?

1st you keep saying your done but you keep posting.....its fine but quit saying your done.

No way Pace hires Fox unless HE wants to.....dude worked too hard from the ground up to let anyone else make his decisions for him. Wont happen.

Austin was a Pace guy....wasn't scheduled until Pace took over.....Marrone as well I suppose.