UPDATE: John Fox in negotiation with Bears to become next head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Fox that motherfoxer, who the Fox does he think he is? I don't give two Foxes about the foxin' money, it's the principle. What the fox, yo? Fox me if I am going to stand by while some smartfox foxstain is going to fox up my beloved. Are you foxing with me? No, I'm not using any foxing paragraphs you foxing foxtard.

Foxbeans, we are foxed!

Rise

Liked Posts:
So the hot new news is fox is a drunk. Would he be a dui risk? What if he drinks on the job?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Lol watch us promote Mel Tucker to Head Coach. There's a reason he hasn't been fired yet.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Lol watch us promote Mel Tucker to Head Coach. There's a reason he hasn't been fired yet.
suicide.jpg

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fox wanted more control in Denver. Pace wanted full control of football ops to get hired here. May be no biggie and they're working the details with his agent. Could be a deal breaker. Could be waiting for another candidate.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Fox wanted more control in Denver. Pace wanted full control of football ops to get hired here. May be no biggie and they're working the details with his agent. Could be a deal breaker. Could be waiting for another candidate.

Yeah I'd say this is the most logical holdup. Or they simply are waiting for Quinn. Hopefully they leak something to the media tomorrow so we know what's going on.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I think Austin is Paces guy. This is just conjecture but I think he told him, hey I have another interview scheduled anyway so, go ahead and visit others teams and see whats out there, but make sure you talk to me before you sign anything. with his and Accorsis connection to Fox there was no way Pace was getting out of giving fox an interview at least as a courtesy.

Hell, maybe Austin doesnt even make it to his second interview with Atlanta tomorrow.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't overthink this, they just had their first face to face today. Fox will be announced the HC late Thursday and the presser will be on Friday.

I will bet Monsieur Tirets left nut on it.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
If Fox was the guy for certain they wouldnt need a second interview. Word would be out, he wouldnt have left without a deal.

I think you could be right about the HC being announced tomorrow, but it may not be Fox.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Austin is Paces guy. This is just conjecture but I think he told him, hey I have another interview scheduled anyway so, go ahead and visit others teams and see whats out there, but make sure you talk to me before you sign anything. with his and Accorsis connection to Fox there was no way Pace was getting out of giving fox an interview at least as a courtesy.

Hell, maybe Austin doesnt even make it to his second interview with Atlanta tomorrow.

If what you write is true Pace couldn't be handling it worse. You never let your guy go visit other teams and risk losing him. Pretty sure if he liked Austin we would at least see some smoke by now.

It's Fox or Quinn in my mind, but time will tell.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I dont see the Bears waiting for Quinn, especially since Pace never even interviewed him, I cant see him waiting all that time for a guy he may not even like for the job.

Either way, IMO Fox is not a certainty based off the way things have played out. If he was he would have been hired tonight.

And like I said, perhaps Austin never even makes the Atlanta interview. He and Pace may have already "shook on it" so to speak. Again, there was no way Pace was getting out of interviewing Fox even as a gesture, it would be a slap in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.