CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jeez... Grow up stop being so fucking provincial about a message forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coming from you? LOL. Note: This is a Cubs forum. You are a Sox fan. If you want to be a meatball about the Cubs, feel free to do so in the Sox forum. If you want to discuss Cubs/Sox things in an intelligent manner, do so here.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I do think we should eliminate attendance vs what kind of attendance debates and stick to discussing the actual rosters.
Agreed. I think the best comments regard the differences between the two organizations and how the teams have been built this season. One has more vets and a more proven starting rotation and will likely have better success for now, while the other team could also be in the post-season, but more thing have to fall into place and the youngsters would need to develop more quickly than one would expect.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think the best comments regard the differences between the two organizations and how the teams have been built this season. One has more vets and a more proven starting rotation and will likely have better success for now, while the other team could also be in the post-season, but more thing have to fall into place and the youngsters would need to develop more quickly than one would expect.

Why so sure about a playoff appearance with so many rookie prospects? You also have a shallow rotation and a shoestring bullpen. I don't get how Cubs fan think this team is as good or better than the Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers and Reds.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Are the anti Cubs (they're more anti Cubs than pro sox) trolls going to stop posting in the Cubs forums?

Thin skinned, aren't we. Saying anything besides "the Cubs are a playoff team this year" is trolling to you.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I bet most of these Sox "fans" have more posts in the Cubs section then their own...

But I don't care too much, except seeing a few of them try to come in here and talk shit about every move the Cubs make or what any Cubs person says about the team..

And it's annoying to come here and read a thread about a certain CUBS topic, but have to sift through 36 pages of brett and Dews arguing with everyone..

Other than all that, I don't care if they are here..

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ernie's alive :D :D :D :D :D

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why so sure about a playoff appearance with so many rookie prospects? You also have a shallow rotation and a shoestring bullpen. I don't get how Cubs fan think this team is as good or better than the Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers and Reds.

You say so many dumb things in a post that I cant even begin.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

he said "could"

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why so sure about a playoff appearance with so many rookie prospects?

**Abreu has played for one year and your expectation is that he won't slump at all and can sustain an MVP-level of production, yet Cubs fans were foolish to think that both Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo could bounce back and be productive players. They both were and both did it with little to no help in the lineup. Just wanted to pose that question.

**Adam Eaton has played in a little over 200 career games and needs to keep hitting at a similar clip of where he was at last year. What if he slumps? What if his OBP dips to, say, .325 and the team doesn't have a catalyst at the top of the order? Is Melky Cabrera the answer?

**Conor Gillaspie's career OPS is .718 (at a premium offensive position), which is below average. He doesn't hit for power, he doesn't steal bases.

**Avisail Garcia was injured the entire season. And he's 23. He has 88 career games with the Sox (not counting his time with Detroit), and he's tallied 82 strikeouts to just 18 walks. No concerns about being able to work counts and extend at-bats?

**Who's stepping up at second base? Anyone figures to be an improvement over Beckham, but Simeon, Sanchez and Johnson don't blow me away. Figuring any of those guys can be penciled in to give you league-average offensive production from second base is foolish.

**Are you expecting a 33-year-old Alexi Ramirez to suddenly turn into Cal Ripken? He's been a league-average, at best, offensive shortstop since he was a rookie. Did he hang out with Tony Bosch this offseason?

So... if we're using that is a tipping off point -- I'll pencil in Abreu as a sure thing. He might not equal last year's numbers, but let's say he goes .290/.350/.550 with 30 bombs and 100 knocked in. And let's say Melky gives you something on par with his career averages. And Eaton is productive.... that's three out of the nine lineup slots? Please tell me where this offense is more of a 'sure thing' than the Cubs? There's a lot of questions for both teams. Please stop acting like the White Sox are trotting out the fucking '27 Yankees. And I'll also throw out there that the Sox have zero bench. None. Better hope none of those "sure things" go down for extended stretches, because they have absolutely nothing coming up the pipeline.

You also have a shallow rotation and a shoestring bullpen.

LOLOLOL says the guy who roots for the team with arguably the worst bullpen in baseball last year. If anything, that was the Cubs strong point in 2014 -- Rondon was more than adequate at the end of games. Neil Ramirez held opposing hitters to a .178/.271/.278 slash line and gave up two homers in 50 appearances and had an ERA less than 2. Pedro Strop sported a 2.21 ERA and averaged over 10 strikeouts per nine innings... as did Neil Ramirez, Hector Rondon and Justin Grimm. If anything, your train wreck of a bullpen better hope to God David Robertson and Zack Duke turn into revelations and earn that ridiculous money they were handed to be relief pitchers.

And sure, the Cubs rotation isn't the '71 Orioles trotting out 4 20-game winners, but you could be served to do a lot worse. I have no problem with Lester, Arrieta, Hammel, Hendricks and whoever they decide to slide in the fifth spot. You can ride Sale, Samardzija and Quintana but if that bullpen is still horrible, does it matter who your starters are? It's not like they'll be throwing complete games like it's 1915.

I'm just not seeing where this White Sox squad is any more of a "sure thing" then the Cubs are. They're taking two completely different paths to a 'win-now' mentality. For the Cubs, I feel like they have a lot more in the cupboard if they need to make changes on the fly. The White Sox aren't nearly as fortunate, and much like the A's last year, they'll need to make due with what's on the 25-man roster. It could end up a lot worse if they don't start hot and can stay healthy the entire season.

Last edited:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You say so many dumb things in a post that I cant even begin.

Yeah, everybody's dumb if they're not drinking the koolaid.

The fact that you don't know how to answer my question speaks volumes.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
**Abreu has played for one year and your expectation is that he won't slump at all and can sustain an MVP-level of production, yet Cubs fans were foolish to think that both Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo could bounce back and be productive players. They both were and both did it with little to no help in the lineup. Just wanted to pose that question.

**Adam Eaton has played in a little over 200 career games and needs to keep hitting at a similar clip of where he was at last year. What if he slumps? What if his OBP dips to, say, .325 and the team doesn't have a catalyst at the top of the order? Is Melky Cabrera the answer?

**Conor Gillaspie's career OPS is .718 (at a premium offensive position), which is below average. He doesn't hit for power, he doesn't steal bases.

**Avisail Garcia was injured the entire season. And he's 23. He has 88 career games with the Sox (not counting his time with Detroit), and he's tallied 82 strikeouts to just 18 walks. No concerns about being able to work counts and extend at-bats?

**Who's stepping up at second base? Anyone figures to be an improvement over Beckham, but Simeon, Sanchez and Johnson don't blow me away. Figuring any of those guys can be penciled in to give you league-average offensive production from second base is foolish.

**Are you expecting a 33-year-old Alexi Ramirez to suddenly turn into Cal Ripken? He's been a league-average, at best, offensive shortstop since he was a rookie. Did he hang out with Tony Bosch this offseason?

So... if we're using that is a tipping off point -- I'll pencil in Abreu as a sure thing. He might not equal last year's numbers, but let's say he goes .290/.350/.550 with 30 bombs and 100 knocked in. And let's say Melky gives you something on par with his career averages. And Eaton is productive.... that's three out of the nine lineup slots? Please tell me where this offense is more of a 'sure thing' than the Cubs? There's a lot of questions for both teams. Please stop acting like the White Sox are trotting out the fucking '27 Yankees. And I'll also throw out there that the Sox have zero bench. None. Better hope none of those "sure things" go down for extended stretches, because they have absolutely nothing coming up the pipeline.

LOLOLOL says the guy who roots for the team with arguably the worst bullpen in baseball last year. If anything, that was the Cubs strong point in 2014 -- Rondon was more than adequate at the end of games. Neil Ramirez held opposing hitters to a .178/.271/.278 slash line and gave up two homers in 50 appearances and had an ERA less than 2. Pedro Strop sported a 2.21 ERA and averaged over 10 strikeouts per nine innings... as did Neil Ramirez, Hector Rondon and Justin Grimm. If anything, your train wreck of a bullpen better hope to God David Robertson and Zack Duke turn into revelations and earn that ridiculous money they were handed to be relief pitchers.

And sure, the Cubs rotation isn't

I don't get how Cubs fan think this team is as good or better than the Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers and Reds.

What is your deal, man. I asked why the Cubs are a playoff team. That is a legitimate question; nothing mean spirited. What does the White Sox lineup have to do with anything?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Regarding the cubs, my post said "the other team could also be in the post-season, but more thing have to fall into place..." How in Sam Blazes does that sound "so sure about a playoff appearance"? You are a meatball.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is your deal, man. I asked why the Cubs are a playoff team. That is a legitimate question; nothing mean spirited. What does the White Sox lineup have to do with anything?

This.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Regarding the cubs, my post said "the other team could also be in the post-season, but more thing have to fall into place..." How in Sam Blazes does that sound "so sure about a playoff appearance"? You are a meatball.

Ok, why do you think they COULD be a playoff team?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And sure, the Cubs rotation isn't the '71 Orioles trotting out 4 20-game winners, but you could be served to do a lot worse. I have no problem with Lester, Arrieta, Hammel, Hendricks and whoever they decide to slide in the fifth spot. You can ride Sale, Samardzija and Quintana but if that bullpen is still horrible, does it matter who your starters are? It's not like they'll be throwing complete games like it's 1915.

I'm just not seeing where this White Sox squad is any more of a "sure thing" then the Cubs are. They're taking two completely different paths to a 'win-now' mentality. For the Cubs, I feel like they have a lot more in the cupboard if they need to make changes on the fly. The White Sox aren't nearly as fortunate, and much like the A's last year, they'll need to make due with what's on the 25-man roster. It could end up a lot worse if they don't start hot and can stay healthy the entire season.

:rolleyes:

So someone states something about the cubs roster and you turn it into a sox/cubs debate? and yet when things get out of hand in your sensitive eyes you close the threads? Just weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.