Scherzer/Zimmerman

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe you shouldn't be a mod if you can;t admit when you are wrong. You said every category. Heck, it's not even half.

I didn't realize I was talking to a guy who doesn't get what categories mean something. Maybe you shouldn't post if you can't understand the difference btw real stats and rbi's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it hardly proves him wrong. Top 5 in BA, OBP, SLG and OPS.

All other stats you listed are accumulative type stats, and Castro missed a month! Where was he when he went out? Clearly Top 5 in Hits, RBI, HR of course, 2B.

So when someone says "all" offensive stats, yes, they are wrong when the guy was not Top 5 in walks or SB.

Lol that post blew my mind by him. That's what I get for giving credit to some knowledge

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Well, it hardly proves him wrong. Top 5 in BA, OBP, SLG and OPS.

All other stats you listed are accumulative type stats, and Castro missed a month! Where was he when he went out? Clearly Top 5 in Hits, RBI, HR of course, 2B.

So when someone says "all" offensive stats, yes, they are wrong when the guy was not Top 5 in walks or SB.
You need to learn what "all" means. It's not rocket science

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize I was talking to a guy who doesn't get what categories mean something. Maybe you shouldn't post if you can't understand the difference btw real stats and rbi's

Lol. Too lazy and ignorant to admit being wrong. Sad. Truly sad

At least TL1961 made a point of missing a month. He helps you to be less wrong

Educate yourself on the word "all" before trying to work on "categories"

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Great. You/I could have stopped there by simply agreeing to disagree. :tongue:

Well, it isn't the same path, because Tanaka only cost money, not players.

That's what the company plan is.:)

They don't want a player like Shields.

Royals/cubs are not the same organization.

If they pull the trigger on this deal, I'll be the first to commend you.

This reply is going to be all over the place I think but whatever. As I said before, I doubt the cubs make this sort of trade. My argument has always been from a conceptual standpoint rather than a "hey this is something that needs to happen" standpoint. Simply put, there's a lot of moves you'd have to make in conjunction to make it work with them already having signed Lester and Hammels they'd have to get rid of at least 2 starters I think.

As for Shields/Royals, the main thing I was trying to get across is that a team basically did what we are talking about and it worked out well for them. I acknowledge they are different front offices but the situations were similar. Both teams are/were young farm driven teams. The largest difference being funds which I'd argue makes trading for a player who is 2 years away from FA less of an issue. Similarly, the Tanaka example was to show that the team has tried to acquire talent before they were in win now mode.

I think I'll leave it at this. I would suggest this sort of move is something to consider rather than it being a "must do." It's not a no brainer strategy. There's complications you've brought up and there's upsides I've brought up.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I caught this on National's fan site but apparently a Washington media member proposed this trade; Strasburg and Desmond to the Cubs for Castro and one of the top 5 prospects. He argued that Strasburg makes the Cubs better immediately and Desmond is a fill in for Castro while Addison Russell develops. If I were the Cubs I wouldn't make that deal but I get the logic. Thoughts?

I don't really like that deal. I think that deal would need to be a three team in order to work with Desmond going to someone else. Additionally, I personally would rather see them deal Baez than Castro.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol. Too lazy and ignorant to admit being wrong. Sad. Truly sad

At least TL1961 made a point of missing a month. He helps you to be less wrong

Educate yourself on the word "all" before trying to work on "categories"

Haha, whats funny is you showed your ignorance and yet want to say thing to me. One, I knew he missed a month. You forgot that. Two, I gave you respect on being knowledgeable and you blew that one by saying Im a mod. Like thats means anything. Im sorry Brett, but you looked like a dick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You need to learn what "all" means. It's not rocket science

I'm very well aware what "all" means, as indicated in my sentence saying he technically WAS wrong because he said "all" and you proved that in two of the 12 stats Castro was not Top 5.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i love when fans say "noz not teh castroz and a top specz for teh desmondszzzz and teh strasburgz" let me guess....thats giving up too much? lol

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
i love when fans say "noz not teh castroz and a top specz for teh desmondszzzz and teh strasburgz" let me guess....thats giving up too much? lol

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

Translate that from Southside to English and we'll answer you.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
This reply is going to be all over the place I think but whatever. As I said before, I doubt the cubs make this sort of trade. My argument has always been from a conceptual standpoint rather than a "hey this is something that needs to happen" standpoint. Simply put, there's a lot of moves you'd have to make in conjunction to make it work with them already having signed Lester and Hammels they'd have to get rid of at least 2 starters I think.

So be it. If the Cubs could field a Top 4 of Lester, Stras/Zimm, Arrieta, Hammel, that would be dynamite.