CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Is this why he hates em? That's like hating all Germans cause a German killed a family member in ww2.
It's my theory. The easiest theory is that he actually doesn't believe any of this, and is just yanking our chains. Provided he actually does believe in that selfish nonsense, I think it's easy to assume that it came from a family tragedy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The "Sports Science" clip was complete horseshit though 2Pic. Let's examine the findings:

- "An average person, like myself, could indent the ball more, but only by less than 1mm." Umm...ok? Congrats I guess guys? Why didn't they measure how it would actually effect the applicable friction increase of an actual athlete trying to hold it?

- According to their "calculations" (they don't tell you how they figured this out) an NFL player could apply "roughly" 1.5% "more force" to the deflated balls. Again, force ≠ grip (friction), so what exactly is the point of this? And how is this force being applied? Gripped under the arm? One hand? What?

- "Now this doesn't necessarily mean that the grip is better for a quarterback since how the QB likes to grip the ball is really a matter of personal preference." Ok narrator dude...then what does it mean? Did the deflation have any effect on grip or not?

- Mass/flight time/arrival time/added mass of water. I wasn't aware anyone, ever, had claimed that the miniscule reduction in weight would help the flight in any manner...so I'm not entirely sure what the 2nd half of that video was about other than just throwing bullshit against the wall.

- "We tested balls in various conditions and with different air pressure." Again, great there buddy. What conditions? Why is the wet vs. dry friction at different pressures not brought up at all?

Look, I'm not saying it has ever had anything to do with any of their wins or really provides any sort of advantage (some pros and former pros think it does, some don't, I can't say either way since who the fuck knows what PSI the last thousand footballs I've picked up were inflated to); but facts are facts, they broke the rules and that video was full of nothing but completely useless information that had nothing to do with any of this.

Oh man............. you explained this a whole lot better than I ever could!!!!!! It just pissed me off that when someone somehow declares themselves an "expert" or "scientist" then makes somekind of proclamation based on so-called evidence that is at best partial or at worst fallaciious or deceitful, that so many people declare the conclusion was correct and irrefutable. Great explanation!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not only is their proof the ingredients in vaccines are dangerous for you, and solid proof that vaccines have caused more illness than that which they've prevented but if your government starts mandating that you inject something into your body and you don't have a serious problem with that, you're a mindless POS and a hazard to others.

This is a hard debate in that it brings up two solid sides really to a difficult decision. When you are talking about potential epidemics killing many many people, then the over-lords of society, whoever they might be, do have to try and stop that from occurring do they not, even if it goes against true individual rights including sometimes religious rights?

Personally, I do not know the absolute answer to decisions like this particularly because of my basic opinion that our governments or over-lords so frequently fuck up when they try to make all encompassing solutions to stuff like this and rule against personal rights. As they say, it can be a very slippery slope. Especially when you have politics rearing its ugly head over everything.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's my theory. The easiest theory is that he actually doesn't believe any of this, and is just yanking our chains. Provided he actually does believe in that selfish nonsense, I think it's easy to assume that it came from a family tragedy.

Or that personal assumption. I have a challenged daughter but I don't blame it on her vaccinations.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this why he hates em? That's like hating all Germans cause a German killed a family member in ww2.

That is a very stupid try at an analogy. I do not see this as anykind of a black or white issue. Truth is that many so-called cures or preventatives for disease have been trotted out and proven to cause other and even more serious problems to those who take them and I can UNDERSTAND any apprehension on the part of some in society to not trust a government agency or company that mandates that my family be forced to take something on their say so. Lets put it this way. I think that there should be very very good evidence as in well designed laboratory science which shows a big time prevention or cure rate before any mandatory action on the part of government over-turns individual rights of citizens regarding the welfare of their families.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let every team do what they want with air pressure. The NFL needs to reduce policing, not increase it.

I think every team tries to get away with what it can in this regard, based on the preference of the QB and kickers.

This is a bitchfest that has no relevance to the game.

Just go back in time and have one fucking football for each game. Pick one pressure setting for everyone. Have one damn official take the damn thing out of the bos. Blow it up, rosin or whatever it up and declare it for play. Kickers want a different ball????? Blow it our your ass. Brady wants his lady's perfume on it? Fuck you. Rodgers wants his boyfriend's musk on it, save it for later, stud:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone's mad. I tell you sports science does a segment on it and you say "Saw it. BS science." how so?

you're just mad that someone doesnt agree with you. child.

Oh Johnny...... I am certainly not "mad". I am certainly not the person who called someone a (how did you quaintly put it?) a fucking idiot:) It was bullshit science. So bullshit that it was pulled off of the air because the network found out that their "expert" was not a scientific expert at all.

No, Johnny, I am not mad. I am a happy person and you amuse me is all. Now go outside and find a football to play with:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is sort of ironic really is that ever since Brady lobbied for the change, he hasn't won a championship with his personal balls:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ah, there it is. Your discussion of "science" is in fact politics.

Because Al Gore discussed global warming, it is a hoax. Great logic.

Pretty much. The same guy that bloviated about inventing the internet is also the non-scientific blowhard who invented the term "global warming" out of deliberately falsified data created by people who wanted to make tons of money out of the notion. Still waiting for that massive flood of Pacific water to sweep Fat Al's bulbous body and mansion into the Grand Canyon and create the world's largest swimming pool:)

PS..........

That ever-so idiotic mayor of New York City, is now begging his fellow New Yorkers to take cover from the beast of the storm bearing down of New York city and the rest of the east. Gee...... I hope like hell that those poor malnourished polar bears that Fat Al took pictures of in the North Pole don't eat the poor guy up on 5th Avenue:)

PPS.........

Gee, once it was GLOBAL WARMING. Smart people refuted that so then these "experts" started calling it "CLIMATE CHANGE"........... Wonder what FAT AL is going to ask his folks now as far as a name? I know, why don't they have a contest with the first prize winner getting an all expense trip to Antartica to see the polar ice cap... Remember when Fat Al's sponsored ice-cap explorers cruise got stuck in the ice and all passengers had to be rescued???? Man, was that funny:)

Mitchapalooza

That is a very stupid try at an analogy. I do not see this as anykind of a black or white issue. Truth is that many so-called cures or preventatives for disease have been trotted out and proven to cause other and even more serious problems to those who take them and I can UNDERSTAND any apprehension on the part of some in society to not trust a government agency or company that mandates that my family be forced to take something on their say so. Lets put it this way. I think that there should be very very good evidence as in well designed laboratory science which shows a big time prevention or cure rate before any mandatory action on the part of government over-turns individual rights of citizens regarding the welfare of their families.

I wasn't even talking about you, and for the love of God learn to use the multi-quote option.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not about Al Gore, it's about the vast majority of climate scientists. Regardless of anyone's preferred politics, it makes sense to start being more environmentally responsible. The precious corporations can and will adapt and will make their money in new industries if they're good at business. It's not in the public interest to have their interests be the primary focus of our public representatives.

It really is all bullshit. I do not give a rat's touche if all of the scientists in the world believe that the earth's temperature is going up or going down. I really don't because NOBODY anywhere has taken that "evidence"(which in fact cannot be proven to exact measurement BTW) and shown what effect the modern age of man's effect on those temperatures are. Only if you can hold every other defined climate variable constant while you compare temperatures over a time frame, can you prove that man's effect on climate has changed the globe's temperature. They have not and cannot do that and instead we have a bunch of climatologists who depend on their stipend's for their livelihood making fallacious conclusions about what man has or hasn't done to the earth's temperature.

Now then, if you want to talk about what smart people should be talking about in this arena is how to reduce pollution in the earth. The pollution that actually does sicken and kill people, destroys crops, makes water undrinkable, etc. Forget carbon dioxide as a killer. Mankind will kill itself off much sooner by other means.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't take this the wrong way... I'm certainly not one of those anti-science people.

But comparing gravity and climate is not a fair analogy.

I'm sure not anti-science in any way shape or form. What I am against is poor attempts at science driven by people who have a bias going into the experiments themselves. My emphasis in grad school was advanced statistics and have seen how awful erroneous conclusions can be made with tainted or just plain inaccurate data. And it is this marriage of the climatologists with the statistical gatherers and calculators that needs to be examined and certified.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not only is their proof the ingredients in vaccines are dangerous for you, and solid proof that vaccines have caused more illness than that which they've prevented but if your government starts mandating that you inject something into your body and you don't have a serious problem with that, you're a mindless POS and a hazard to others.

There is a risk in taking any vaccine for a disease because they inject that disease into your body. By definition to one degree or another, you are going to get sick. However, the theory of having your body developing an immunity to the disease is proven also in the majority of cases. This is just playing the odds and gambling that you will survive the disease. Some people are gamblers either way.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
meanwhile...back to the footballs......

Are we now just willing to sit back and accept the Pats' version of events that the balls deflated by themselves on one side of the field only?

Hell NO we aren't!!!! We're not going to take this anymore. Anymore we're going to take the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor. Lets GET EM!!!!!!!!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, was that Sparty and his kids getting everyone sick as Disneyland last week?

Probably when he saw how much that he had to pay for them to get in!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even more idiotic in this science guy explanation of what happened to the footballs was this. What in the side wide world of sports happened to the footballs in the Pats/Colts PREVIOUS game this year? They played in a temperature controlled DOME for cripes sake, yet the Pats footballs were deflated. Do these fucking idiots even begin to understand logic? This doesn't take Sherlock Holmes against Moriarity investigation. It is so damn clear it is pathetic.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm with Sparty here, no way am I letting the government inject tracking chips into me. Fuq dat.

What he said. My Schnauzer was really pissed when I tracked him to the neighbor's yard and caught him humping her poodle!